BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Leeds at Home 4.7.20

• Backroom

Waggott isn't going to remove his mate, so unless Venky's get involved (and they probably couldn't tell you where we are in the table, let alone current results) we're relying on Mowbray to do the honourable thing and walk. Seems unlikely but if we lose 5/6 in a row he may feel he's lost the players and go. I believe in the past he has suggested he'd resign in such a circumstance, although the proof will be in the pudding as to whether he was telling the truth or not. 

Finishing in essentially the same position as last season is unacceptable considering the fees spent on the likes of SG and BB, with no remit to sell any of our major assets to fund signings.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he likes a decent human does tony,does`nt matter if you`re **** at footy

This post really made me laugh. Thank you, I needed that!

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

Are they even in training let alone being match fit?

We should be getting a new manager in to assess this squad ready for next season.

It really doesn’t feel like there is anything to be positive about right now. We are just watching an ‘almost season’ peter out.

Anyone got any positives? Dack coming back and unlikely to leave this Summer? Our transfer business could be hanging on to Travis and Lenihan at this rate? So much to do with this squad after four Championship windows.

Next season not too far away. More and more seeing TM not the man to take us forward so this story more than likely will reach Venkys soon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Come on he's never losing his job. The clowns either don't give a fuck or won't want to be burnt by bad advice again, so will do nothing. 

They've already done something they sanctioned 12 million signings for this manager.  They've already been burnt, again, by those signings.

4 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Venkys have a lot of tolerance but I don't think they would take six losses in a row. Just a personal view.

Last season we had a run of 1 point from 21 and one win in eleven games (including nine defeats).

Nobody flinched.

Edited by Stuart
  • Like 4

Game over. Season over.

Both teams wide open at the back but they have way more quality to expose the gaps.

I didn't think for a split second Gallagher would score when he went through one on one. His place in the starting 11 has to start being judged on his performances rather than his transfer fee. If he cost 100k, there's no way he'd be anywhere near the starting line up. 

• Like 2

Just now, DE. said:

Waggott isn't going to remove his mate, so unless Venky's get involved (and they probably couldn't tell you where we are in the table, let alone current results) we're relying on Mowbray to do the honourable thing and walk. Seems unlikely but if we lose 5/6 in a row he may feel he's lost the players and go. I believe in the past he has suggested he'd resign in such a circumstance, although the proof will be in the pudding as to whether he was telling the truth or not. 

Finishing in essentially the same position as last season is unacceptable considering the fees spent on the likes of SG and BB, with no remit to sell any of our major assets to fund signings.

He's proven time and again during his time at Rovers that he isn't the honourable bloke he purports to be. He's not walking away from 2 years of cash. 

• Like 4

Just now, Cherry Blue said:

Next season not too far away. More and more seeing TM not the man to take us forward so this story more than likely will reach Venkys soon.

When is it meant to start?

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

For all the grief Rothwell gets, has Holtby touched the ball in the last 20 minutes? What a passenger. 

Technically very good but too lightweight for the hustle, bustle and speed of the Championship. It's why he left English football for the German game.

*I know his Nationality

• Like 1

Yeah, that's a blatant foul on Travis for their first goal. 

I hate to harp on about refs - but Brereton sent off for a petulant kick last week. Travis getting mugged this week. Their right back lunging in studs up this week and only getting a yellow.

The refs really are shit at this level. 

• Like 2

Ugghh. Shit pass from Rothwell to Travis, made him turn toward our goal which invited pressure, then a definite shoulder in the back of Travis. Gallagher first touch for the one-on-one was simply dreadful - too short, too wide when it just needed a simple push forward then bang. Game over from those two events.

Bradley Johnson looks like he had a couple of lunchtime pints. Shocking half from him.

Have you ever seen a Rovers team drop their heads after conceding like this, happens even time. Bunch of whimps.

Armstrong playing in his fav position, doesn’t look arsed in the slightest. Beaten to the ball every time.

Gallagher is never a professional footballer

Travs first touch is appalling today. 
Yeah it’s been fun

• Like 1

I've never been a particular fan of Mick McCarthy's style of football but he was commentating today on Derby v Forest and I thought he was spot on with his analysis.

Get him in now. At least I think he will be honest and call a spade a spade if we're playing badly unlike the delusional arse covering bollux we're subjected to from Mowbray.

• Like 3

• Backroom
Just now, Stuart said:

Last season we had a run of 1 point from 21 and one win in eleven games.

Nobody flinched.

Indeed, worst run of any manager since Venky's rocked up I believe - including the likes of Kean and Coyle. Fortunately for TM we had a points cushion which meant we were never in any serious danger of going down, but there will come a time when we don't pull up out of these nosedives. Removing Mowbray at that point will be too little, too late, though. He's proven time and again that he cannot solve the issue of our see-sawing form, and it's time for a change. We all know it could get worse and Venky's could appoint a joker, but Mowbray's race is run here and I'm convinced it will end badly if he stays. 

• Like 1

Just now, rovers11 said:

His place in the starting 11 has to start being judged on his performances rather than his transfer fee. If he cost 100k, there's no way he'd be anywhere near the starting line up. 

Completely agree with this. He offers absolutely nothing but gets the most game time out of our strikers...only reason is an attempted justification on £5m and highest wages in the team. 
I give Samuel a lot of stick, but he costs a fraction of the amount and offers similar. 

• Like 1