BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Leeds at Home 4.7.20

Just now, TheWeasel said:

Proper cliche but rothwell has absolutely no football brain. Every game it seems like his highlight reel is one half decent run followed by an absolutely half brained finish or pass and that’s all he does.

Been doing it for two years. Two jinking sideways runs, which always look good, resulted in a dolly of a chip into the keeper’s hands and a soft shot yards high. Decent awareness to put the first time pass on a plate for that dolloper Gallagher to be fair.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I've never been a particular fan of Mick McCarthy's style of football but he was commentating today on Derby v Forest and I thought he was spot on with his analysis.

Get him in now. At least I think he will be honest and call a spade a spade if we're playing badly unlike the delusional arse covering bollux we're subjected to from Mowbray.

Thick McCarthy, really?

• Like 1

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

Been doing it for two years. Two jinking sideways runs, which always look good, resulted in a dolly of a chip into the keeper’s hands and a soft shot yards high. Decent awareness to put the first time pass on a plate for that dolloper Gallagher to be fair.

With Rothwell you HAVE to play him centrally and give him a run of games. Asking him to stick wide left and create something just isn't his game  - he was playing in L1 for a reason. 

Of course, that would mean Mowbray and his coaching staff would need to develop a player, which isn't their MO. 

That said, doesn't help when you have such a shit strikeforce to pass the ball to. 

If we are to make a serious attempt at promotion next season then Gallagher, Johnson, Bennett, Rothwell, Holtby need to become back up players and not see so much game time. Tbh a lot of those are already back up players but have seen more game time than we’d like due to injuries. 

Holtby has disappointed me since signing, I was expecting a lot more quality from him.  

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

two seasons in and we still don`t know if jacob davenport is any good,ffs tony give him a half

He only gave Nyambe and Travis a chance due to a crippling injury crisis. They're two of our best players (and actually pretty decent).

He won't play Davenport unless he's forced to. 

• Like 1

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

not nearly as bad as keans shambles or coyles mess,just the fact we are as weak as kittens and the bloody ball goes sideways and backwards all the time

As my dad said this week - at least we're a football club again. I credit Mowbray for that. 

Granted, we're a shit Championship football club. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

If we are to make a serious attempt at promotion next season then Gallagher, Johnson, Bennett, Rothwell, Holtby need to become back up players and not see so much game time. Tbh a lot of those are already back up players but have seen more game time than we’d like due to injuries. 

Holtby has disappointed me since signing, I was expecting a lot more quality from him.  

Agree 100 per cent. Nowhere near good enough.