BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Leeds at Home 4.7.20

There is a lot of deadwood to sort out. 

I’d be shot of everyone below if possible:
Walton, Williams, Mulgrew, Bennett, Johnson, Smallwood, Rothwell, Chapman, Samuel, Gallagher.

More likely to see more names above on new contracts with us next year than playing elsewhere though. That’s the reality with Mowbray 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 4000Holes said:

If Mowbray is not shifted then I will be most concerned because this squad needs major surgery and investment.  He will not get a budget as he cannot be trusted to spend it wisely.  He has wasted so much already and surely no owner will speculate further Unless they are mad.  Having said that, this is Venky’s 

Managers get judged on their buys, he has had some successes (Dack, Armstrong for example) but Gallagher and Brereton have been disappointing.

Overall I think TM has made some costly mistakes, Venkys did back him to do that but some players really need to take a hard look at themselves over the break because we need them to improve as I can't see anyway to recoup the spend.  Grim stuff.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Fair point but I just think they will look at the money spent on Brereton and Gallagher, the state of the squad and the run of results and decide to change.

Hope you’re right!

• Like 1

Once again, absolute piss.

I will be honest I only kept half an eye on the game after their third goal, we all knew it was just going to fade into nothing, so I'm not going to pass comment directly on Buckley, Davenport etc who came on essentially for the sake of it.

The whole thing honestly struck me as a Firsts v. Reserves game you'd have on the training ground. Dull, uninspired, sort of a general aura of 'we're not meant to win anyway'. No Rovers player comes away from today looking good, the best you can say for most of them is that they aren't Gallagher, Johnson or Walton. Leeds, though they didn't look like world beaters, completely played us off the park today. As much as some of their antics annoyed me (how I would loved to have seen Bamford up against Andy Todd), we had no response.

The game all hinged on that Gallagher chance just after Leeds went one up. There is no excuse at all for scoring that. The whole SG situation used to humour me more than anything, now it just pisses me off. The fact that we paid £5M and that he still features is an absolute scandal.  

I think the most telling thing today was when Arma got us back into it. The camera panned to Mowbray who was just sat there like he was in a waiting room or something. With a man like that leading you you can well understand why the journeymen and almost mercenaries in the squad don't look arsed half the time. All hell should break lose after our dismal week, but we all know nowt will happen. It's a disgrace.

Couple of other quick points:

- Sadly no point in wishing Walton was dismissed to force Mowbray's hand: we'd only end up with Canadian Buffon and not a youngster.

- As much as I like the iFollow commentators, they really need to stop being so blindly optimistic. More chance of us going down than reaching the play offs now. Tuesday's a must win for Cardiff, aye, doesn't make the slightest difference for us now.

• Like 1

Just now, Roversider said:

Managers get judged on their buys, he has had some successes (Dack, Armstrong for example) but Gallagher and Brereton have been disappointing.

Overall I think TM has made some costly mistakes, Venkys did back him to do that but some players really need to take a hard look at themselves over the break because we need them to improve as I can't see anyway to recoup the spend.  Grim stuff.

Basically he's good at getting players in cheap for a league 1 job.

If there was no pandemic and he got another budget that allowed room for a 5 million spend this summer i'm as sure as i can be he'd completely waste it again.

I don't think Leeds bothered to get into top gear either.

A few days ago Mowbray was pushing the line that matches seem like training sessions. He will stick with that and the injury list when informing the Vs.

He cuts a depressing figure usually sat near the touchline and that must transmit onfield.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

I haven't seen any of the games on Ifollow , so only seen the goals on Sky and Quest ..

On what I have read on here and from friends who have seen the games live , I am beginning to think 

Football Restart , got in the way of the clubs thinking and also the players ...

The season was as good as over when lockdown started and that vein as continued during restart..

We are fulfilling our fixtures , thats all ...

What a about a refund ???

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Basically he's good at getting players in cheap for a league 1 job.

If there was no pandemic and he got another budget that allowed room for a 5 million spend this summer i'm as sure as i can be he'd completely waste it again.

He'll spend £5m on Adebayo Akinfenwa and give him a 5 year deal.

• Like 3

Mowbray should be sacked just on his decision making 

Sold Raya and replaced him with a clown & bought in Johnson BB SG all crap ..

Chooses Bennett is his captain When he should be nowhere near the first team

Has not even looked at refreshing his coaching staff for new ideas .. not that he would listen to them as he comes across as a I know it all .. 

The quicker he goes the better ... 

• Like 6

It's a good job fans aren't allowed in grounds. On recent form we'd be down to about 5,000 now.

Mowbray's time is up for me. The club's dead in the water. 

Why they never appointed Warnock when they twice had the opportunity beggars belief

• Like 5

Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

I will not be surprised to see :-

Administration as soon as the games are complete.

Administrator selling Dack to Burnley.

12 points deduction next season and relegation.

Bring it on so we can get shut of this lot.

Nothing would surprise me now, I'm sure the Loons put a few million rupees on a Rovers defeat today.

• Like 1

Absolutely terrible. Again. Same issues. Again. Likes of Gallagher and Samuel need never where our famous blue and white halves again. But they will. Samuel is probably having a shiny two year deal prepped as I type. Awful, just awful. I wish Mowbray would do the honourable thing that he keeps talking about.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tugay-is-God said:

Why do you feel Tony's a dickhead?

I have lost all confidence in the man. He is a dinosaur manager. He is taking Rovers nowhere. I cannot see a steady development at the club. I am annoyed with him. So, when I get annoyed with someone I call them a dickhead.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, superniko said:

There is a lot of deadwood to sort out. 

I’d be shot of everyone below if possible:
Walton, Williams, Mulgrew, Bennett, Johnson, Smallwood, Rothwell, Chapman, Samuel, Gallagher.

More likely to see more names above on new contracts with us next year than playing elsewhere though. That’s the reality with Mowbray 

Leutwiler and Brereton can be added to that list as well as a host of U23 players who are well below Championship standard and always will be - Magloire, Platt, Grayson, White, Lyons fall in this category. More deadwood in this squad than the average timber yard.

• Like 3