BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Leeds at Home 4.7.20

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Travis is brilliant. Class act.

The rest other than Armstrong and Tosin? Pfft

Time for changes but Venkys are 6 months behind.

You don't think Dack, Nyambe and Lenihan are pretty good?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Without VAR, I don't blame the referee not giving it, as Travis just laid dead on the pitch (I suspect because he's not even match-ready), but looking at the replay, absolutely no way would Travis miskick that so badly, and it seemed as though he did get clipped... Judgment? Foul and no-goal.

Thought it was clear as day first time around and fully expected the ref to give a free kick.

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

season over,start clearing the deadwood immediately,first thing monday morning,at least 7 of them should be called in to the managers office

The manager needs to be called into the manager’s office ....he is THE PROBLEM . 

Mowbray OUT 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

As an aside, an Arma wonder goal aside, we just never look like scoring do we. Given what he’s spunked on strikers, it ain’t good enough. 

Did you not see our 6'5", multimillion pound winger round the keeper and role it past the post as the open goal gaped? I'd class that as a chance under normal circumstances but I get your general point.

• Like 1

Gallagher's miss sums up the issues we have upfront, Armstrong aside I would be more confident of Brereton, Gallagher or Samuel missing a chance ,rather than scoring it. I knew when he was running through he would miss , I at least expected him to hit the target though. A decent striker and thats 1 touch and then bang, back of the net. 

Overall ,apart from Holtby and Armstrong, the rest just looked bang average. 

Not taking chances kills you and we are shockingly good at it. 

• Like 3

He’s a nice guy & a good man I bet, but not fit for the challenge at hand and the future of the club. I admit I have supported him until the past week.

If we finish the last five, and send him packing, I don’t really think it hurts anybody’s feelings. Including TM, he’s had 4 1/2 years. 

Edited by WacoRover

Just now, WacoRover said:

He’s a nice guy & a good man I bet, but not fit for the challenge at hand and the future of the club. I admit I have supported him until the past week.

If we finish the last five, and send him packing, I don’t really think it hurts anybody’s feelings. Including TM, he’s had 4 1/2 years. 

Costs £2m plus - can we do that ?

He's had just over 3 years.

The fans song, (your not fit to wear the shirt) is harsh on some players but in Christian Walton it is exactly right this guy is non league at absolute best. Sadly the best we can hope for this season is to finish above Preston, piss poor rovers, piss poor Mowbray. 

Just now, hovis boy said:

The fans song, (your not fit to wear the shirt) is harsh on some players but in Christian Walton it is exactly right this guy is non league at absolute best. Sadly the best we can hope for this season is to finish above Preston, piss poor rovers, piss poor Mowbray. 

I agree entirely , I have said this before when Raya was sold , someone was lined up (no idea who) but something happenend , probably wages ...

So , we ended up with Walton as a last gasp , scraping the barrel loan...

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Dolly blue said:

The manager needs to be called into the manager’s office ....he is THE PROBLEM . 

Mowbray OUT 

But his manager's office would be Waggot's office... if he goes in there he's more likely to end up firing his load than being fired.

• Like 2

Game of 2 halves for me. Despite going behind with a goal that looked to be started off with a foul i thought Rovers did well the first 25 mins.

Even first half despite the HT score.

Leeds more at it in 2nd half.

Better team won and no disputing the result really.

Very suprised Graham didn't start.

Back handed compliment by TM in the interview.

Strong team Leeds under Marcelo Bielsa.

Amazing how a coach can turn average players into decent/good players.

3 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Why can't we be like Bristol City? Get rid of Mowbray he's done enough. 

Stabilised us, then destabilised us with spending £12 million on strikers that are worth probably £500k in total.

Maybe Bristol City will appoint Mowbray ??

Tony Mowbray is building a side capable of competing at this level.

Also Tony Mowbray is the longest serving manager at this level.

In that time, £12m down the swanny and a complete squad overhaul needed to even compete at this level. Unbelievable 

1 hour ago, unleaded said:

Mowbray should be sacked just on his decision making 

Sold Raya and replaced him with a clown & bought in Johnson BB SG all crap ..

Chooses Bennett is his captain When he should be nowhere near the first team

Has not even looked at refreshing his coaching staff for new ideas .. not that he would listen to them as he comes across as a I know it all .. 

The quicker he goes the better ... 

The bold bit just reminds me of Jason Lowe. The exact same statement could apply. And did!

It seems that under certain managers the captaincy goes to the player who runs furthest and longest in training. Somehow setting the bar for player fitness presumably.

Personally I prefer a real leader on the pitch and someone who will bollock players who don’t perform. If they don’t have one at the club then buy one.

What they mustn’t do is pick someone who they feel obliged to pick because they are captain. The players won’t respect him. Or the manager.

• Like 1

What we saw today was a properly coached team, fit and drilled.

Rovers on the other hand, a bunch of individuals

.During Mowbray's tenure we have relied on individuals to pull us through, never been a TEAM as such, time for change. Thanks Tony, top man but yesterday's manager. 

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Gallagher's miss sums up the issues we have upfront, Armstrong aside I would be more confident of Brereton, Gallagher or Samuel missing a chance ,rather than scoring it. I knew when he was running through he would miss , I at least expected him to hit the target though. A decent striker and thats 1 touch and then bang, back of the net. 

Overall ,apart from Holtby and Armstrong, the rest just looked bang average. 

Not taking chances kills you and we are shockingly good at it. 

What the hell did Holtby do to garner praise? An absolute passenger today.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

What the hell did Holtby do to garner praise? An absolute passenger today.

Started off well. Hit the post and then scored a good goal only for the ref to give them a free kick for something Bennett did.

Still not sure how I feel about Holtby - expected big things when he signed but he seems to have spent most of the time injured or having very brief flashes of brilliance (which is sadly wasted by and large because of the people he leads the line with!).

• Like 1