BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Leeds at Home 4.7.20

14 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

What the hell did Holtby do to garner praise? An absolute passenger today.

He's a luxury player. The sort of player that needs the other players to get on top in the game before he can do his stuff. If he was playing for another team I'd say he was a " Show Pony ". I know he plays in a different position but he's another Per Frandsen.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, GHR said:

Still not sure how I feel about Holtby - expected big things when he signed but he seems to have spent most of the time injured or having very brief flashes of brilliance (which is sadly wasted by and large because of the people he leads the line with!).

Vince Grella the second.  He's a crock and looks like his legs have gone.  I thought that when he first arrived. Too desperate 

Edited by Sparks Rover

Mixed day.

Positives: pub, BBQ, won £120 this week backing against Rovers (Barnsley / Leeds), a quality red for tonight's film.

Negatives: watched the wretched match

IMO, anyone who still thinks Mowbray should remain Rovers' manager should book themselves an appointment at their nearest Priory Clinic.

Almost lost for words.

Leeds didn't really need to get out out of first gear - if they'd been really at it, we could have lost by 5 or 6.

IMO, Walton, Bennett, Johnson, Holtby, Rothwell, Gallagher, Samuel  should all feck off along with Waggott, Mowbray, Venus, Lowe and Benson.

Again, IMO, we are not progressing as a football club - we are going backwards quickly.  I think we have huge, huge, problems and have next to nothing to show for Mowbray's three and half year tenure.

Travis badly caught in possession for Leeds' first goal - never a foul

Walton badly positioned for Leeds 2nd goal

Walton a complete joke for Leeds' third goal

Doubt Gallagher could hit a cow's arse with a banjo. 

Who on earth was the lead commentator - IMO, based on some of his observations and comments, he's a joke who knows very, very little about football.

IMO, Walton should not play for Rovers again and Mowbray should be sacked tonight should the self purported man of integrity not resign.

I really think we are a complete and utter shambles as a football team.  Are we really a better team than we were under Kean or Coyle.  Those are the depths I sadly think we've plummeted to.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 7

We should have scored at least 2 goals in the 1st half with Gallagher and Holtby chances and Armstrong free kick was class and no surprise at all. 

Walton had a shocker with 2 of today's goals. 

Even when we got the goal back we still couldn't defence properly. 

Disappointing result given the clear cut chances we had

1 hour ago, darrenrover said:

Did you not see our 6'5", multimillion pound winger round the keeper and role it past the post as the open goal gaped? I'd class that as a chance under normal circumstances but I get your general point.

I also saw our 6’0 other multi million pound striker round the keeper and fall ass over tit. If it wasn’t so serious a problem it would be funny. I would say we should try some other lads up top, but who else is there other than a 35 year old Danny Graham?!

4 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I also saw our 6’0 other multi million pound striker round the keeper and fall ass over tit. If it wasn’t so serious a problem it would be funny. I would say we should try some other lads up top, but who else is there other than a 35 year old Danny Graham?!

I'd 100% be starting Graham ahead of either Gallagher or Brereton (not RW/LW) mind you) because Graham actually knows where the back of the net is. 

Gallagher and Brereton are an incredible waste of money and Samuel is absolute toss.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I'd 100% be starting Graham ahead of either Gallagher or Brereton (not RW/LW) mind you) because Graham actually knows where the back of the net is. 

Gallagher and Brereton are an incredible waste of money and Samuel is absolute toss.

Not gonna find me arguing, DS. I’d have played Graham over all striking options bar Arma for the past few matches, but now we’re playing for nothing I’m not so sure (surely we can’t justify another 12 months when he never plays?). We’re going to be up sh!t creek next season - I have no doubt about it. As I say, Arma (IMO) won’t continue to pull worldies out of the hat (and will probably be sold anyway).

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Just now, dallydally said:

Gallagher 4 goals from 34 appearances this season. He is a waste of space. Terrible signing

It's especially galling given the fact that he wasn't particularly impressive the first time he was here and he'd gone backwards in the two seasons he'd been away. Do we actually scourt players anymore to discover what their current form is like ? Johnson, Holtby, Walton have all been major flops as well as the two strikers.

• Like 5

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It's especially galling given the fact that he wasn't particularly impressive the first time he was here and he'd gone backwards in the two seasons he'd been away. Do we actually scourt players anymore to discover what their current form is like ? Johnson, Holtby, Walton have all been major flops as well as the two strikers.

I agree Tyrone but Holtby would be far more effective if playing with more intelligent players. With our lot, he's a waste.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

How many years did we give Johnson? 2? 2 years too many. Never moved from Derby and doesn’t give a toss. Surely some fools would take him off our hands.

• Like 1

After watching Rovers against Leeds I am at the point even though its free to season ticket holders that I cannot watch anymore of this utter dross being served up by TM rovers team the commentators alone are enough to make you fall into depression let alone the team surly if the club has any ambition the end must be near for TM.

I hear Leeds brought a few over today, loads of police outside the pubs on the barbary coast.

Blackburn isn't blessed with boozers these days, but you wouldn't want to spend an afternoon in those establishments, Covid19 would be the least of your worries. 

Mowbray should be seriously questioned on our absolutely dreadful transfer business. To sell Raya, our best goalie since Brad ands product of the youth system for peanuts, to a rival was a disgrace. And then to replace him with a loan, and a garbage loan at that was also disgrace. Then to buy that donkey Gallagher for £5 million and stick him on the right wing all season is again a disgrace. All for me, sackable offences. Then to not replace our best player when he’s out for a year Is ridiculous. Sorry but it’s time for a change.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gav said:

I hear Leeds brought a few over today, loads of police outside the pubs on the barbary coast.

Blackburn isn't blessed with boozers these days, but you wouldn't want to spend an afternoon in those establishments, Covid19 would be the least of your worries. 

Bloke in the Sun got in trouble for touching someone up apparently necessitating Police attendance.

1 minute ago, Bohinen 22 said:

Mowbray should be seriously questioned on our absolutely dreadful transfer business. To sell Raya, our best goalie since Brad ands product of the youth system for peanuts, to a rival was a disgrace. And then to replace him with a loan, and a garbage loan at that was also disgrace. Then to buy that donkey Gallagher for £5 million and stick him on the right wing all season is again a disgrace. All for me, sackable offences. Then to not replace our best player when he’s out for a year Is ridiculous. Sorry but it’s time for a change.

Spot on.

You can add to that spending seven million on Brereton and then hardly ever playing him (I think he's only started consecutive games 2 or 3 times) and re-signing a player (Chapman) he barely ever picked first time round then not selecting him at all the second!

If I were in the Raos' position I'd be livid at the way my money had been wasted.

12 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Spot on.

You can add to that spending seven million on Brereton and then hardly ever playing him (I think he's only started consecutive games 2 or 3 times) and re-signing a player (Chapman) he barely ever picked first time round then not selecting him at all the second!

If I were in the Raos' position I'd be livid at the way my money had been wasted.

Me too, it looks like he only signed Chapman to shut his fan club up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Not gonna find me arguing, DS. I’d have played Graham over all striking options bar Arma for the past few matches, but now we’re playing for nothing I’m not so sure (surely we can’t justify another 12 months when he never plays?). We’re going to be up sh!t creek next season - I have no doubt about it. As I say, Arma (IMO) won’t continue to pull worldies out of the hat (and will probably be sold anyway).

My worry is that Covid/FFP/previous wastage is going to see us spend nothing this summer. 

Graham will be cut loose to save pennies and I could see us hand Samuel another deal and try and get someone like Butterworth more game time.

We will be so limp up front it will be untrue. 

Dack returning would be the only other source of goals alongside AA.

• Like 1