BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Leeds at Home 4.7.20

1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

My worry is that Covid/FFP/previous wastage is going to see us spend nothing this summer. 

Graham will be cut loose to save pennies and I could see us hand Samuel another deal and try and get someone like Butterworth more game time.

We will be so limp up front it will be untrue. 

Dack returning would be the only other source of goals alongside AA.

Personally I think sorting out the defence is more important than replacing strikers. With a good defence and our midfield I could live with our forwards 

22 minutes ago, rigger said:

Personally I think sorting out the defence is more important than replacing strikers. With a good defence and our midfield I could live with our forwards 

Keen to know why? Who is scoring out of that lot, bar Arma. And as I say, if you look at his goals, they’re usually self made - he doesn’t finish off good team moves etc.

26 minutes ago, rigger said:

We have plenty of issues and probably no money to resolve them.

Huge summer window ahead.

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Spot on.

You can add to that spending seven million on Brereton and then hardly ever playing him (I think he's only started consecutive games 2 or 3 times) and re-signing a player (Chapman) he barely ever picked first time round then not selecting him at all the second!

If I were in the Raos' position I'd be livid at the way my money had been wasted.

The thing is sell Dack and Armstrong and he's covered it for them.

That'll strength his hand even more with them.

• Like 1

What about us being radical and playing are multimillion pound strike force has strikers.They may not be the greatest strikers in the league ( although we’ll never know because Mowbray doesn’t play them there) the fact is under the current system they get one or maybe two chances per game. Their basically living off scraps very similar to Armstrong before dacks injury. I myself felt Armstrong was a waste.

Its all to convenient that player after player is poor. I thought Rothwell was a gem ambitious running at people causing problems Mowbray stamped on it over and over again due to him undermining the system. I’ll add a few others travis much better pre are managers interventions. Raya dropped Walton replaced etc etc.

Yet he plays Bennett in false positions he gets stick, Gallagher and Brereton not their natural positions. Holtby needed to learn the style how much experience does he have and he looks garbage.

I suggest that the manager and he’s over elaborate systems are at fault. We can’t defend can’t score and our players look at times bereft of any understanding what they are supposed to do.

It’s funny that the players who look good under this system are those allowed to play their natural game. Dack, armstrong graham lenihan tocsin and the shite ones are those who are forced to be part of mowbrays dream system.

He needs to put down what ever autobiography of great managers he’s reading and work within his and the teams limitations.

Finally if he reads this stop giving away money to players we don’t use. We can’t afford it. You control the dressing room by respect not by looking after the lads.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'm worried we'll give Graham another 12 months on the basis we can't afford to sign anyone else.

Im worried that hes still our best striker, so would rather see gallagher and brereton leave on frees.

Edited by AAK
  • Like 1

£12m spent on two championship strikers. You really would expect them to make a difference.

according to Wiki....

Gallagher 76 appearances 15 goals.

Brereton 35 appearances 1 goal.

So that’s £12m, 111 appearances 16 goals.

you could get two free signings for that and more goals.

Edited by den
  • Like 5

We need a proper manager.  Mowbray, has gone passed his sell buy date.  How can he expect us to be successful when he plays an ageing right midfield player at left back?  Not slagging off Bennett because it is not fair to him but come on, the opposition manager must look at our line up and think it’s his birthday.  That’s not all, look at Rothwell, who in my opinion is a footballer but the lad is predominantly right footed so playing him on the left and folk on here complain that he always comes inside, you have to ask any wonder?  We have been desperate for defenders and Mowbray has said yes defenders are coming but essentially none came.  Yes you can argue that we / he was unlucky that Cunningham got badly injured but that can happen and there needs to be proper back up, not a right midfield player asked to fill in and do his best.  There are many other examples and don’t get me started about Chapman!

Ok, rant over but Mowbray must go, for the long term future of our beloved club.We 

• Like 1

Just now, den said:

£12m spent on two championship strikers. You really would expect them to make a difference.

according to Wiki....

Gallagher 106 appearances 21 goals. 

Think you made a boo-boo there, den.

Gallagher has played 76 games and scored 15 goals for Rovers in total.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Keen to know why? Who is scoring out of that lot, bar Arma. And as I say, if you look at his goals, they’re usually self made - he doesn’t finish off good team moves etc.

Because as far as I am concerned the most important part of a successful team is the defence. So if we improve our defence, I think we have a good enough midfield to allow us to become a successful championship side. Our forwards can be replaced as players become available. That may allow us to progress. My mantra is along the lines of don’t concede as many goals, and you won’t have to score as many.

21 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

And it's not just the defeats, it's the abject, shitshow manner of them. I wonder if all is well in the dressing room.

Maybe, our recruitment team mistakenly employed a headband hunter!

That's the main point for me as we know we aren't spectacular. We know we are missing the talisman but it's the approach to these games that gets the hackles up. 

In a good position nothing to lose just have a bloody go. Not this guy though not in his DNA unless his arse is on the line of course.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

And it's not just the defeats, it's the abject, shitshow manner of them. I wonder if all is well in the dressing room.

Maybe, our recruitment team mistakenly employed a headband hunter!

If all is well in the dressing room after those three performances some of them want knocking out.

• Like 4

Just now, Amo said:

Still haven't a scooby why we signed him when he never performed for Mowbray during his first spell here.

At a guess, he‘s the right type of character in the dressing room.

I’m starting to think the ‘right type of character’ is one who hears the team sheet and cheers, even if it means they are playing in a position they’ve never even played in junior football.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Amo said:

Still haven't a scooby why we signed him when he never performed for Mowbray during his first spell here.

Truth be told, I think there's only Coyle who's managed to get a tune out of Gallagher in his misfiring career. 

• Like 2