BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Leeds at Home 4.7.20

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Our wage bill must have gone up considerably looking to the 19/20 accounts, with Johnson, Downing, Holtby, Adarabioyo, Gallagher and Walton added.

Who knows till 1st of April 2021. We see then. Rest of it is all speculation 

59 minutes ago, superniko said:

With all the talk about Mowbray on other threads, it’s worth noting that before Bielsa came to Leeds they finished 

13th, 7th, 13th, 15th, 15th, 13th, 14th, 7th

They didn’t once make the playoffs since coming up from L1 until his arrival
Then 3rd last season thanks to an all mighty bottle, and looking like they’ll cruise it this season. 

This is all he spent in the first year too, not too dissimilar to our manager last year .B018B33B-D96F-4EC3-B85D-41161F1D6B8A.thumb.jpeg.e9fa17c5cb77dc38ac4bfbe08043966c.jpeg

They play great football and I’ve never seen a championship team put in as much of a shift as they do. Everything we’ve not been over the last week.

Great post.

If you get the right manager in with a workable budget it's amazing what you can do and how quickly you can do it.

No need for long term plans, slow builds, directors of football, the right structure in the Boardroom etc etc

As for Chaddy's view on Leeds, not much point turning up on Saturday then he? I bet Mowbray will also get his excuses in early and spend plenty of time before the game eulogising about Leeds as well

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 5

52 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

No defensive nous in midfield.....this team would be battered at least 4

Davenport is a defensive midfielder and Bennett has legs. As a 2 I think it's reasonably balanced albeit with questions marks on its ability.

The main omission is Johnson who I dont think deserves to start after Barnsley.  I also have a weird perversion to having 2 left footed centre mids which isnt entirely logical.

No Travis or Evans available so The other options in centre mid are Holtby, Buckley or Rothwell all have no defensive nous. Could bring back Smallwood for his 1st game of the season but what's the point?

On a separate point a lot of people are suggesting names of youth team players but do we know if they are even in training? Vale on the bench tuesday suggests that maybe they are.

• Like 1

Just now, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Davenport is a defensive midfielder and Bennett has legs. As a 2 I think it's reasonably balanced albeit with questions marks on its ability.

The main omission is Johnson who I dont think deserves to start after Barnsley.  I also have a weird perversion to having 2 left footed centre mids which isnt entirely logical.

No Travis or Evans available so The other options in centre mid are Holtby, Buckley or Rothwell all have no defensive nous. Could bring back Smallwood for his 1st game of the season but what's the point?

On a separate point a lot of people are suggesting names of youth team players but do we know if they are even in training? Vale on the bench tuesday suggests that maybe they are.

Gulp!? Its a grim situation and a million miles away from the gung-ho , lets get promoted attitude I expected on the teams return..

A damp squib to say the least. Mowbray has no strength in depth after years in charge.

Mowbray out!

• Like 1

You get what you pay for. Leeds were mucking about with Christiansen and Heckingbottom not long ago. Then their owner quickly learned that the road out of this division is to get the right manager and back him. Bielsa brought with him an array of his coaching staff who cost an arm and a leg but the results have followed.

Lesson to be learned = don't try to do things on the cheap. Don't appoint a loser like Coyle over a winner like Warnock just because he costs less. Don't force the manager to work with staff already at the club who might not be up to the job.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, rigger said:

I am not going to watch on Saturday. I am going to the pub instead

Likewise - table booked already!  How the 'simple' things in life are taken for granted and sorely missed.

• Like 1

JHRover, I respect the point you make about money, but did you really mean to cite Coyle, or someone more recent? Enough said...

I have steadfastly said to give Mowbray until the end of this season before a decision is made. After all, we are in a higher place than last year, with our best player on the sideline. He’s got 6 games to show us he’s up to it. For all we know, he wins two or three of these, and gets a couple of ties. Would that be enough for me to hope Mowbray returns? Ask me when it happens.  I’ve still got a sour taste in my mouth from identical 0-2 scores to the 17th & 24th teams in the league. 

Edited by WacoRover
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, rigger said:

I am not going to watch on Saturday. I am going to the pub instead

At this point it’s like a car crash that you can’t take your eyes off.

Mowbray now pretending our problems are down to injuries.

Looks like we are about to go on one of Mowbray’s infamous runs. The kind that would end the tenure of any other manager at any other club.

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Only allow 2 hours in pub I believe

How on earth is that one going to be enforced then?

Are pubs going to start stopwatches when people arrive and force them out on 2 hours even if the place is empty? They won't make any money if so.

Just now, JHRover said:

How on earth is that one going to be enforced then?

Are pubs going to start stopwatches when people arrive and force them out on 2 hours even if the place is empty? They won't make any money if so.

That's the government guidelines. Down to landlord to enforce it. 

I wont be going pub for months till back to normal

• Like 1

3 hours ago, superniko said:

With all the talk about Mowbray on other threads, it’s worth noting that before Bielsa came to Leeds they finished 

13th, 7th, 13th, 15th, 15th, 13th, 14th, 7th

They didn’t once make the playoffs since coming up from L1 until his arrival
Then 3rd last season thanks to an all mighty bottle, and looking like they’ll cruise it this season. 

This is all he spent in the first year too, not too dissimilar to our manager last year .B018B33B-D96F-4EC3-B85D-41161F1D6B8A.thumb.jpeg.e9fa17c5cb77dc38ac4bfbe08043966c.jpeg

They play great football and I’ve never seen a championship team put in as much of a shift as they do. Everything we’ve not been over the last week.

It does make you wonder if Mowbray is only here because he is cheap compared to managers like Bielsa.

However, if they were as keen to throw money at success as Mowbray once suggested then you would think they would pay top dollar and get a top manager. Jack did.

In this division it’s all about the manager.

Mowbray’s Championship record at Rovers W36 D30 L35

Overall Championship record W127 D84 L107

And just for fun, his PL record... W8 D8 L22

He’s basically Bowyer but with a better agent.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

That's the government guidelines. Down to landlord to enforce it. 

I wont be going pub for months till back to normal

Well I will be going at 2pm for a couple of pints. Then watching Rovers from 3pm until 4:45pm and then if I fancy a celebratory few to go with the 3 points I might decide to do so. 

Mowbray's recent interviews suggests he won't be changing his style or formation anytime soon and Sky are kind enough to broadcast tomorrows destruction live.

I suspect it will be 4-3-3 again but i can't see anything other than a comfortable afternoon for Leeds.

Lineup i think we will see:

-------------------Walton

Nyambe--Lenihan--Tosin--Bennett

Rothwell-----Johnson----Downing

Gallagher-----Holtby----Armstrong

0-3 Leeds

4 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Mowbray's recent interviews suggests he won't be changing his style or formation anytime soon and Sky are kind enough to broadcast tomorrows destruction live.

I suspect it will be 4-3-3 again but i can't see anything other than a comfortable afternoon for Leeds.

Lineup i think we will see:

-------------------Walton

Nyambe--Lenihan--Tosin--Bennett

Rothwell-----Johnson----Downing

Gallagher-----Holtby----Armstrong

0-3 Leeds

Not on Sky tomorrow, think it's the only Leeds game not selected for the run in.

Looking at it now the games have been selected for next weekend, we might not have one selected at all since the restart unless maybe the promotion race is done and Luton need a win on the last day or something.