BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

On the Lookout for Blackburn Rovers DVD's

Greetings all!

I am trying to improve my Rovers DVD/highlights collection does anyone know where I can find previous highlight/goals dvds/vhs?  I have some of the most recent seasons, but looking to start from the initial Premier League season all the way to the present day.

1st hand/2nd hand I am not fussed with condition. Could even be digital/online versions.

Any help would be graciously received.

Dirk Copland

8 minutes ago, @roverseas said:

Greetings all!

I am trying to improve my Rovers DVD/highlights collection does anyone know where I can find previous highlight/goals dvds/vhs?  I have some of the most recent seasons, but looking to start from the initial Premier League season all the way to the present day.

1st hand/2nd hand I am not fussed with condition. Could even be digital/online versions.

Dirk Copland

There weren’t DVDs back then...that’s why I’ve been doing the #RoversRewind stuff from old vhs tapes...?

do you have a working VCR ?

92E3F849-D0C5-451B-8151-74EA2DE7E9C0.jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, @roverseas said:

Greetings all!

Dirk Copland

Check out - http://www.footydvd.co.uk/

If you go on ‘videos’ then ‘all clubs’ and find Rovers, you’ll see season reviews from the 90s and our promotion season in 00/01 in DVD format. The 94/95 season review on DVD is a must have!

If you go on ‘matches’ and find Rovers too there are full 90 minute matches you can buy. We don’t have loads in comparison to other clubs but still a good few from happier times.

It’s really cheap too. You’ll just have to check he (it’s just one guy running it I think) delivers outside the UK but I’d imagine so.

6 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

There weren’t DVDs back then...that’s why I’ve been doing the #RoversRewind stuff from old vhs tapes...?

do you have a working VCR ?

92E3F849-D0C5-451B-8151-74EA2DE7E9C0.jpeg

I do have a VCR... albeit it probably only plays PAL... stoopid system. I did also check footydvd and pinged them an email.  This could get me started for a collection. If anyone knows of any other availability I would be graciously appreciated.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Searched google to try and find videos to buy and it brought up this topic. I just won these on eBay. Are these ones you don’t have? If so, I’ll rip them to digital for you 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224449923606

Also, I have the season review 94-95 in the mail on the way to the US as well. However, I didn’t think about PAL vs NTSC, so I’ll need to import a VCR, but I just wanted to see if any of these are ones you needed, so I can get on it sooner. 

Does anybody have the 2002/3 season review? I'm guessing it was on DVD by that point. There were a lot of good moments that season, topped off with the way we ripped Spurs apart on the last day of the season.

I would love to see some of that season on here (or the brfcs YouTube), if possible.

What we're after is a copy of the audio review of the season we got promoted . We're back for Jack, it was called. We had it for years on cassette and knew it nearly off by heart but we've mislaid it and would love it if anyone could get a copy to us

2 hours ago, gumboots said:

What we're after is a copy of the audio review of the season we got promoted . We're back for Jack, it was called. We had it for years on cassette and knew it nearly off by heart but we've mislaid it and would love it if anyone could get a copy to us

I’ve put out an appeal on Twitter…

On 11/05/2021 at 02:12, SuperBrfc said:

Does anybody have the 2002/3 season review? I'm guessing it was on DVD by that point. There were a lot of good moments that season, topped off with the way we ripped Spurs apart on the last day of the season.

I would love to see some of that season on here (or the brfcs YouTube), if possible.

2002/03 was the last VHS of the season review collection and in the style of 2001/02. Occasionally they pop up on ebay.

IMG_20190504_175859_081.jpg

• Like 4

On 11/05/2021 at 02:12, SuperBrfc said:

I was at that game with my Norwegian mate, Pennyduff, who used to post on here. One of our best ever performances. Spurs who, whenever they play us, think they just have to turn up to win, were lucky to get nil. We looked like we could score at will and the scoreline should have been six or seven nil. The sight of their lot lobbing their season tickets onto the pitch at the end will stay with me for ever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

I was at that game with my Norwegian mate, Pennyduff, who used to post on here. One of our best ever performances. Spurs who, whenever they play us, think they just have to turn up to win, were lucky to get nil. We looked like we could score at will and the scoreline should have been six or seven nil. The sight of their lot lobbing their season tickets onto the pitch at the end will stay with me for ever.

It was an excellent display. I remember Duffer being unplayable that day, they just could not handle him. What a way to grab a UEFA Cup spot, on the final day and infront of that pretentious mob. A year on from Cardiff too.

I loved how Rovers would often throw a spanner in the works. The line "they still have to go to Ewood Park yet, that's not an easy place to get a result" sticks in my mind. It wasn't just pundits either, other fans recognised that too. A world away from today, sadly.

• Like 5

Was every season made  available . Can you get them on dvd. Would love to watch them. I had the 96-97 and 97-98 on vhs as a kid. Not seen much apart from a few goals before that . I’ve typed in on google looking for things like this but very little ever came up

I’ve bought loads of dvds off one chap I found online - he is A Rovers fan as well. Even ones that weren’t officially released he has made with copies of MOTD etc.  I could dig out his email address for anyone interested - send me a DM

Edited by SamTheShrew

• 1 month later...
On 10/05/2021 at 21:12, SuperBrfc said:

Does anybody have the 2002/3 season review? 

I just won a copy on eBay. It’ll take a couple weeks to arrive in the US, but I’m digitizing my whole collection to put on YouTube. I’ve got 7 VHS and 5 DVDs, so I’ll put that up when I get it.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SanDimas1988 said:

I just won a copy on eBay. It’ll take a couple weeks to arrive in the US, but I’m digitizing my whole collection to put on YouTube. I’ve got 7 VHS and 5 DVDs, so I’ll put that up when I get it.  

… can we share a copy for our BRFCS YouTube?

29 minutes ago, SanDimas1988 said:

That would be fantastic. I'm looking forward to it. Thanks in advance.

• Like 1