BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

I think this will be a summer when football presses the re-set button and we see a correction in terms of wages and transfer fees. I don’t see anyone other than those with parachute payments spending any money this summer. Even those with parachute payments will have to cut their cloth accordingly as the likelihood is that no one will be making any money from season ticket sales next season.

I do think we’ll see a sale of a key player to cover the losses from now season ticket money. I also don’t expect anything other than our transfer budget to cover wages for players, I can’t see a transfer fee being paid. There are some good free transfers coming onto the market and hopefully we can work some magic in the loan market. 

Id love to see Jordan Rhodes come back here on a free. Brewster would be amazing on loan, but don’t see us being in the running. Ben Gibson would be a good option at CB if he’s prepared to take a huge pay cut, and Cunningham would do nicely at LB. 

7 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Even those with parachute payments will have to cut their cloth accordingly as the likelihood is that no one will be making any money from season ticket sales next season.

Vast majority of clubs in the Championship have had their STs on sale for months and have sold thousands already. This, of course, aides their cash flow and keeps fans in the tent, who could otherwise have gotten out of the habit if fans spend 6/9 months plus out of grounds... as always, compare and contrast with Blackburn Rovers.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

David Marshall for me is a good option. A very reliable Championship goalkeeper with bags of experience, who whilst not being the most technically gifted in the world, is one of those who doesn't make huge mistakes. We've had Raya and Walton gifting points away on their own for four seasons now, it's time for a Mr Reliable in the nets - nothing fancy, just gets the job done and understands the division.

34 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Vast majority of clubs in the Championship have had their STs on sale for months and have sold thousands already. This, of course, aides their cash flow and keeps fans in the tent, who could otherwise have gotten out of the habit if fans spend 6/9 months plus out of grounds... as always, compare and contrast with Blackburn Rovers.

Can imagine it now can't you? They want to get them on sale but have to weigh up the pros and cons of spending weeks in isolation following a trip to India.

Mowbray will miss the last 2 weeks due to it or some shite, because a face to face meeting with Madam before any decision can be made is the absolute minimum - and only - requirement of working for Blackburn Rovers FC.

Why they can't use Zoom / Teams like the rest of the world and agree budgets remotely is beyond me. It's like the internet doesn't exist. Maybe that's why they went for the Western Union transfer option all them years ago. The old ways are the best....eh

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

And the vast majority of these clubs also haven't tried guilt tripping fans into not asking for refunds by pleading poverty.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Can imagine it now can't you? They want to get them on sale but have to weigh up the pros and cons of spending weeks in isolation following a trip to India.

Mowbray will miss the last 2 weeks due to it or some shite, because a face to face meeting with Madam before any decision can be made is the absolute minimum - and only - requirement of working for Blackburn Rovers FC.

Why they can't use Zoom / Teams like the rest of the world and agree budgets remotely is beyond me. It's like the internet doesn't exist. Maybe that's why they went for the Western Union transfer option all them years ago. The old ways are the best....eh

You CAN'T currently travel to India due to the travel restrictions and coronavirus over there. 

7 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I was taking the piss Chadster

It doesn’t mean we shouldnt have our season tickets on sale yet 

I dont disagree but is buying a season ticket at the front of people's mind with people losing their jobs in the local area or people on furlough or no date when we can return to stadiums to watch live football. Not everyone is like me who would buy a season ticket without a return date. Maybe have a brfcs poll on the matter

Pretty much every other club has had them on sale for months. With thousands sold and millions in the bank for those clubs at a time when cash flow is vital.

Our cash flow on the other hand will be pretty much zero.

Who has the right approach Chaddy? Rovers, who have to get everything signed off late in the summer in an annual meeting halfway across the world, or pretty much every other Championship club who have proactively engaged their supporters and got them and their cash signed up early?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 7

Is

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I dont disagree but is buying a season ticket at the front of people's mind with people losing their jobs in the local area or people on furlough or no date when we can return to stadiums to watch live football. Not everyone is like me who would buy a season ticket without a return date. Maybe have a brfcs poll on the matter

I think you might find that not buying a season ticket, is at the front of a lot of peoples minds . I doubt we will sell 5000.

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The club have have tried guilt tripping fans into not asking for refunds by pleading poverty. Putting season tickets on sale like the vast majority of other clubs have would bring in some revenue. Can't have it both ways.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Whether or not people will buy them is irrelevant. 

You have more chance of selling some it they’re on sale - agreed? 

Another club management balls up, although tbf this isn’t a “balls up” anymore, it’s actually policy haha 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rigger said:

Is

I think you might find that not buying a season ticket, is at the front of a lot of peoples minds. 

Yes you are right that some people wont be interested cos of the job or financial situation for examples. I know a couple of Rovers fans who have lost their jobs in the past couple of weeks. 

2 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Whether or not people will buy them is irrelevant. 

You have more chance of selling some it they’re on sale - agreed? 

Another club management balls up, although tbf this isn’t a “balls up” anymore, it’s actually policy haha 

Yes you will people me and others who will buy them. Others wont. Cos of their situation. 

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The fact that there are people like yourself surely means that its worth putting them up for sale just to get some income coming in?! Your logic is flawed, just because everyone wouldnt commit doesnt mean that those who would should not be taken up on that intention.

This bollocks about not being the forefront of Venkys mind doesnt wash at all. If that is the case it highlights their disinterest which we know. But what sort of business owners arent arsed about improving cash flow at a time like this?!

Do you agree that if you are begging loyal ST holders to not claim refunds, you cant afford be so half arsed and not try and get some cash flow in (especially when theres a market for dateless season tickets) however you can if things are really so tight.

Also you have already now admitted that making the manager wait and not having any communication on budgets isnt good.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

The fact that there are people like yourself surely means that its worth putting them up for sale just to get some income coming in?! Your logic is flawed, just because everyone wouldnt commit doesnt mean that those who would should not be taken up on that intention.

This bollocks about not being the forefront of Venkys mind doesnt wash at all. If that is the case it highlights their disinterest which we know. But what sort of business owners arent arsed about improving cash flow at a time like this?!

Also you have already now admitted that making the manager wait and not having any communication on budgets isnt good.

Have you seen what's been going on India with the coronavirus and medical impact over there in past month or so?  

Here is some articles on the coronavirus problems in India and Pune

https://www.freepressjournal.in/mumbai/coronavirus-in-pune-covid-19-centres-private-hospitals-helplines-and-other-important-information-issued-by-pmc

https://www.financialexpress.com/lifestyle/health/maharashtra-mumbai-coronavirus-lockdown-news-live-section-144-pune-thane-covid-19-tracker/2009943/

Yes people like me but how many would? Do a poll and see? Would you? 

Yes of course I would Mowbray to know his budget but I can also understand that our Indian owners have other things on their minds currently like major health crisis in their country. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Have you seen what's been going on India with the coronavirus and medical impact over there in past month or so?  

https://www.freepressjournal.in/mumbai/coronavirus-in-pune-covid-19-centres-private-hospitals-helplines-and-other-important-information-issued-by-pmc

https://www.financialexpress.com/lifestyle/health/maharashtra-mumbai-coronavirus-lockdown-news-live-section-144-pune-thane-covid-19-tracker/2009943/

Yes of course I would Mowbray to know his budget but I can also understand that our Indian owners have other things on their minds currently like major health crisis in their country. 

If this summer was an exception then perhaps you could blame Covid although it would still be a flimsy excuse. But it's the same ridiculous fiasco every season, the manager seemingly has no idea about his budget until he travels to India and bows at their feet. Liverpool have American owners (and I am sure you are aware of how bad Covid is there) but do you really think that Klopp is completely in the dark as to what his transfer budget is going to be as Mowbray appears to be.

• Like 2

I cant believe your illogical and warped viewpoint. Whether it is 100%, 80%, 60%, 40%, 20% of season ticket holders that would take up the offer, its irrelevant. I dont know if I would to be honest. But if that % that would is above 0%, which it clearly will be, then it could be crucial cash flow coming in to the club at a time when it is really needed. Something is better than nothing. Surely that is common sense. The fact that everyone wouldnt be able to is neither here nor there, it wouldnt require everyone to do it to make it beneficial!

For a bit of perspective, say a very prudently low 1,000 of fans at £350 a pop chose to renew their season tickets, that would be £350k of income, ideally straight up but likely a portion as a short term asset in the form of a debtor. Baring in mind that the club were so fearful of a comparatively small liability arising from refunds, it puts into perspective how still we are run in such a backwards way and why we are always held back by having Venkys as owners.

Thats a cop out chaddy and you know it. We are or at least should be a big part of their life and a huge priority. If they cant spare a couple of hours of their time to do a conference call with Mowbray and Waggott then there is no excuse for that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

If this summer was an exception then perhaps you could blame Covid although it would still be a flimsy excuse. But it's the same ridiculous fiasco every season, the manager seemingly has no idea about his budget until he travels to India and bows at their feet. Liverpool have American owners (and I am sure you are aware of how bad Covid is there) but do you really think that Klopp is completely in the dark as to what his transfer budget is going to be as Mowbray appears to be.

Good points made. 

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

I cant believe your illogical and warped viewpoint. Whether it is 100%, 80%, 60%, 40%, 20% of season ticket holders that would take up the offer, its irrelevant. I dont know if I would to be honest. But if that % that would is above 0%, which it clearly will be, then it could be crucial cash flow coming in to the club at a time when it is really needed. Something is better than nothing. Surely that is common sense. The fact that everyone wouldnt be able to is neither here nor there, it wouldnt require everyone to do it to make it beneficial!

For a bit of perspective, say a very prudently low 1,000 of fans at £350 a pop chose to renew their season tickets, that would be £350k of income, ideally straight up but likely a portion as a short term asset in the form of a debtor. Baring in mind that the club were so fearful of a comparatively small liability arising from refunds, it puts into perspective how still we are run in such a backwards way and why we are always held back by having Venkys as owners.

Thats a cop out chaddy and you know it. We are or at least should be a big part of their life and a huge priority. If they cant spare a couple of hours of their time to do a conference call with Mowbray and Waggott then there is no excuse for that.

Who knows how many would buy them. I have no idea but as rigger has said some people have other things on their mind like jobs or family or finances. Not everyone is like me or you. 

It isn't cop out tho it's what is going currently in Pune and India with deadly disease. 

You are just going have to patience with us regarding the budget. 

Who knows how many would buy them. I have no idea but as rigger has said some people have other things on their mind like jobs or family or finances. Not everyone is like me or you. 

However many people by them even if it is just one then it's more revenue for a club was pleading poverty and more less begging supporters not to ask for a season ticket refund.

2 minutes ago, OssyLad said:

You can all hammer me if I’m wrong but been told Downing and Graham both leaving at end of season. 
graham will starting tonight though ??

Not surprise in Graham leaving. 

Abit surprise in Downing. 

Thanks for sharing the information ?

• Like 1

Bloody hell chaddy if tickets went on sale tomorrow I'd buy one to help the Club out.As roversfan99 says It doesn't matter if most wouldn't, if we only managed to sell 1k now it's 350k we wouldn't otherwise have had at a time when our income is zero.

And........if sales plummet it's going to be primarily down to Mowbray and the rubbish we're watching on the pitch as opposed to people's personal circumstances as you suddenly seem to be pretending.

• Like 5