BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

5 minutes ago, OssyLad said:

You can all hammer me if I’m wrong but been told Downing and Graham both leaving at end of season. 

It wouldn't surprise me, both are likely to be on good money. Graham doesn't feature much but Downing would be missed for sure. 

I reckon we would have offered one more season to Downing if Covid hadn't crippled football.

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Vast majority of clubs in the Championship have had their STs on sale for months and have sold thousands already. This, of course, aides their cash flow and keeps fans in the tent, who could otherwise have gotten out of the habit if fans spend 6/9 months plus out of grounds... as always, compare and contrast with Blackburn Rovers.

Wouldn’t these just be fans who already have season tickets and they’ve been auto-enrolled for next season? It may help cash flow in the short term but they will have to refund that money at some point. I certainly don’t see any fans being allowed in for the first half of the season. 

39 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes you are right that some people wont be interested cos of the job or financial situation for examples. I know a couple of Rovers fans who have lost their jobs in the past couple of weeks. 

Yes you will people me and others who will buy them. Others wont. Cos of their situation. 

It would be a good time for the Rovers to offer cheaper renewals to people who have been made redundant

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, OssyLad said:

You can all hammer me if I’m wrong but been told Downing and Graham both leaving at end of season. 
graham will starting tonight though ??

That's a bit of good news on the Graham front if true, somewhat unfortunate on Downing when you consider Conway got contract after contract when he was well past his sell by date.

• Like 2

Just now, rovers11 said:

Wouldn’t these just be fans who already have season tickets and they’ve been auto-enrolled for next season? It may help cash flow in the short term but they will have to refund that money at some point. I certainly don’t see any fans being allowed in for the first half of the season. 

Not that I can see, most are still heavily advertising sales.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

That's a bit of good news on the Graham front if true, somewhat unfortunate on Downing when you consider Conway got contract after contract when he was well past his sell by date.

But for TM it gets rid of the clamour to play Downing at left-back

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You are just going have to patience with us regarding the budget. 

Unfortunately for us, 23 other Chief Execs and managers don’t need to be patient as they’ll have had months of discussion over budgets, so they’ll be having their usual headstart, whilst we wait for Pune to lift its lockdown and Venky’s to Covid-Secure their offices...

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Good points made. 

Who knows how many would buy them. I have no idea but as rigger has said some people have other things on their mind like jobs or family or finances. Not everyone is like me or you. 

It isn't cop out tho it's what is going currently in Pune and India with deadly disease. 

You are just going have to patience with us regarding the budget. 

My point is even if some people would take them up its better than none in terms of cash flow! Its not difficult and doesnt require polls or economic information!

As pointed out this isnt a first time and also they can spare 2 hours.

15 minutes ago, tomphil said:

That's putting it mildly. 

17 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

It would be pretty infuriating if Downing was let go but we offered new contracts to Smallwood and Samuel.

10 minutes ago, rigger said:

Infuriating but likely.

No chance Smallwood gets a new deal, he’s not played all season. Samuel wouldn’t surprise me but I certainly wouldn’t be renewing his contract, he wasn’t good enough when we were in league one never mind the championship. 

• Like 4

• Moderation Lead

Graham deserves a lot more respect for his time with us than he gets on here sometimes, but it probably is now time for him to move on.

Downing though, he’s been a revelation this season. I’d be gutted if he left.

• Like 4

Pre Covid-19 I would have said give Downing a new deal but the in the last four months the footballing landscape has changed significantly and with that in mind I now wouldn't. It's not just Rovers who are counting the pennies. When this season ends in a couple of weeks there will be many Championship clubs pruning their wage bills but more importantly players will not be able to demand wages disproportionate to their ability. We will still have Mulgrew to shift and that won't come cheap.

• Like 1

Depends in Downings wage demands.  
If he’s prepared to take a massive wage cut he’s worth keeping because I think we are going to need him next season if we end up with a squad of younger players. 

However, I doubt we can afford him. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

It wouldn't surprise me, both are likely to be on good money. Graham doesn't feature much but Downing would be missed for sure. 

I reckon we would have offered one more season to Downing if Covid hadn't crippled football.

Neither will be missed. Their legs have gone. Both good servants to the club but head needs to rule the heart

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

not sure who will get a contract extension,knowing the shambles in the boardroom it could be anyone,it would`nt be without surprise to me if mowbray is`nt able to get a proper goalkeeper and we end up with walton for another season

Wouldn't surprise me if he didn't try and get a proper in,  he will get Walton for sure , no one else in the top 2 divisions , will be the slightest bit interested...

It is laziness and a very poor scouting system...

Walton is not good enough and should not start another game for the Rovers ...

Team selection will be interesting !

If Downing would stay within a new reduced pay structure then i'd fire off one of the coaches and let him do that as well to make his wages up !

How much would we actually miss David Lowe ?  Again his presence is probably mainly down to being popular with the lads or something agent wise. Venus, Lowe, Johnson, Benson, Mowbray & whoever else just how many do they need.  Time for some player/coach roles to be created maybe and prune the deadwood out of there as well whilst being able to keep a half decent squad player. 

• Like 2