BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Samuel will seemingly get a new deal as he keeps playing him despite the fact that hes shite.

Always been on the cards that one it's just so predictable. I want him gone iv'e seen enough but what are the chances of him signing better ?

Damned either way at the min i think.

3 hours ago, Butty said:

No chance Smallwood gets a new deal, he’s not played all season. Samuel wouldn’t surprise me but I certainly wouldn’t be renewing his contract, he wasn’t good enough when we were in league one never mind the championship. 

Samuel? Sign him up ??

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Bloody hell chaddy if tickets went on sale tomorrow I'd buy one to help the Club out.As roversfan99 says It doesn't matter if most wouldn't, if we only managed to sell 1k now it's 350k we wouldn't otherwise have had at a time when our income is zero.

And........if sales plummet it's going to be primarily down to Mowbray and the rubbish we're watching on the pitch as opposed to people's personal circumstances as you suddenly seem to be pretending.

The sobering thing is 1000 STs at £350 would give us £350k which is about enough to cover this weeks wage bill . 
Even this years 8000 sales is about 2 months of our wage bill....... fooked and then fooked again . 

23 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Can anybody think of ANYONE that plays like a younger Danny Graham?

Do they still exist?

I'd settle for someone who just doesn't play as poorly as Gallagher and Brereton.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, toogs said:

Depends in Downings wage demands.  
If he’s prepared to take a massive wage cut he’s worth keeping because I think we are going to need him next season if we end up with a squad of younger players. 

However, I doubt we can afford him. 

But, who can afford him, at his age, in the current covid climate? He has had a fine season but it's not like he has scorched the league. Probably on upwards of 20k per week. Nobody is going to pay that right now for a lad who is 36 this month. He is probably going to have to nearly half his wage demands whether here or elsewhere.

9 hours ago, Lucimo said:

Shame about Downing if true. I'd be quite tempted to ditch Mowbray and offer Downing player manager if he fancied it. Hope for a Lampard effect. Anything worth a shot to get rid of TM  who's done IMO. 

Him or Mulgrew maybe ?    I'd take a season of Mowbray stepping back and mentoring one of these or Johnson as long as he stayed away from the dug out. 

14 hours ago, OssyLad said:

This whispers going round 

It certainly looks to me as though Johnno is being groomed to take over in the fullness of time. I liked him as a player , he was the sort of player every team needs, bags of effort and good ability, a real 100 per center. You've only got to look at him now to see how he's looked after himself in his career, that tells me a lot. He did a great job with the kids but I've got to say if he has had a serious input into the first team this season it's hard to detect what it is.

However I'd be prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt if we did appoint him as Mowbray's replacement.

• Like 1

I have always thought of Mowbrays transfer policies as lazy and picking the low hanging fruit. By that I mean players who he has worked with or been at his previous clubs where he can sound out his contacts about a particular player. The notable exception here is Dack who has been the jewel in Mowbrays transfer crown. Dack had a bit of a reputation at Gillingham of being a bit of a maverick and was no stranger to trouble. That is maybe why he was relatively cheap. 

If I ould wish for one thing in the next window it is that Mowbray comes out of his comfort zone and tries for another Dack or two.

• Like 2

Obviously we have problems but it seems we are now working towards a 4-3-3 system and not just a 4-2-3-1.

With that in mind, i feel like we are still short in quite a lot of areas. We obviously need a new CB, 2x New keepers and 1 new LB regardless what formation we play.

------------------New keeper

Nyambe--Lenihan--New CB--New LB

Travis--------New DM------New CM

New RW-----Armstrong----New LW

They are the only starters i think we have for that formation and i don't think it accommodates Dack very well.

Even though Armstrong scored last night, i don't think he is suited a wide role much. He doesn't seem to do a great deal when put there and seems much more threatening through the middle.

We'd also need a new DM. A holding mid who has some decent distribution but with a more defensive mindset and basically another Trav on the otherside (hardworking, puts a foot in but can pass and take the ball forward) Harrison Reed would have been excellent for us in this role. Downing could possibly play there but he might not be here next season.

We are lacking in the attacking wide roles (despite £12m spend). Gallagher cannot be considered there, he rarely impacts a game from RW. He has no pace or trickery and i think he simply needs to be considered playing through the middle only. Brereton is another, more potential as a RW/LW but as yet hasn't shown a great deal to consider him a long term solution. Rothwell could also be considered for one of these but needs to up his game.

I wish Chapman wasn't on the scrapheap, even from the bench he would be a great option for an attacking role. Not sure where this would leave Young Buckley either, doesn't seem suited to a wide attacking role, more central in a 4-2-3-1. Same goes for Holtby.

So i guess, as funds will be limited/non existent.

---------------------New

Nyambe--Lenihan--New--New

Trav---------------New--------Downing

Rothwell---------Dack--------Arma

Not a fan of Arma outwide but it's the only way we can get Dack into the team. Rothwell could be changed out for Chapman (if he wasn't on the naughty list)

I think the DM role is critical to make this a success but we obviously have way more pressing concerns in the back line to contend with first.