BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

18 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Can we expect Mowbray to leave at the end of the season with DJ taking over?

If DJ was about to take over I wouldn't have expected him to take a role with N. Ireland.  

As you were. Lemon drizzle and the good old boys 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, arbitro said:

I have always thought of Mowbrays transfer policies as lazy and picking the low hanging fruit. By that I mean players who he has worked with or been at his previous clubs where he can sound out his contacts about a particular player. The notable exception here is Dack who has been the jewel in Mowbrays transfer crown. Dack had a bit of a reputation at Gillingham of being a bit of a maverick and was no stranger to trouble. That is maybe why he was relatively cheap. 

If I could wish for one thing in the next window it is that Mowbray comes out of his comfort zone and tries for another Dack or two.

Didn't Mowbray's Coventry team play against Dack when he was at Gillingham. 

You want Mowbray's transfer policies to move on so would you agree that he has to used this European Scouting network and data analysis departments that he wanted at the club given the amount of time, money invested and the people employed in these departments to make the signings we need this transfer window

2 hours ago, OssyLad said:

With what he’s told me in the past he’s been fairly accurate 

Thanks for sharing the info. and please can you keep sharing what you can

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You want Mowbray's transfer policies to move on so would you agree that he has to used this European Scouting network and data analysis departments that he wanted at the club given the amount of time, money invested and the people employed in these departments to make the signings we need this transfer window

All these so-called employed European scouts and not a dickie bird ......Mowbray won't want none of them pasta eating ponces

• Like 1

4 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Obviously we have problems but it seems we are now working towards a 4-3-3 system and not just a 4-2-3-1.

With that in mind, i feel like we are still short in quite a lot of areas. We obviously need a new CB, 2x New keepers and 1 new LB regardless what formation we play.

------------------New keeper

Nyambe--Lenihan--New CB--New LB

Travis--------New DM------New CM

New RW-----Armstrong----New LW

They are the only starters i think we have for that formation and i don't think it accommodates Dack very well.

Even though Armstrong scored last night, i don't think he is suited a wide role much. He doesn't seem to do a great deal when put there and seems much more threatening through the middle.

We'd also need a new DM. A holding mid who has some decent distribution but with a more defensive mindset and basically another Trav on the otherside (hardworking, puts a foot in but can pass and take the ball forward) Harrison Reed would have been excellent for us in this role. Downing could possibly play there but he might not be here next season.

We are lacking in the attacking wide roles (despite £12m spend). Gallagher cannot be considered there, he rarely impacts a game from RW. He has no pace or trickery and i think he simply needs to be considered playing through the middle only. Brereton is another, more potential as a RW/LW but as yet hasn't shown a great deal to consider him a long term solution. Rothwell could also be considered for one of these but needs to up his game.

I wish Chapman wasn't on the scrapheap, even from the bench he would be a great option for an attacking role. Not sure where this would leave Young Buckley either, doesn't seem suited to a wide attacking role, more central in a 4-2-3-1. Same goes for Holtby.

So i guess, as funds will be limited/non existent.

---------------------New

Nyambe--Lenihan--New--New

Trav---------------New--------Downing

Rothwell---------Dack--------Arma

Not a fan of Arma outwide but it's the only way we can get Dack into the team. Rothwell could be changed out for Chapman (if he wasn't on the naughty list)

I think the DM role is critical to make this a success but we obviously have way more pressing concerns in the back line to contend with first.

So after 3 seasons of team building we're only 7 players short of having a decent side ? Only in pro football. If you'd have given me £ 12 million and paid my expenses to have a look around I'd guarantee you a player with more goals in them than our two.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

So after 3 seasons of team building we're only 7 players short of having a decent side ? Only in pro football. If you'd have given me £ 12 million and paid my expenses to have a look around I'd guarantee you a player with more goals in them than our two.

That's only how i see it but we all know Mowbray see it differently

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Didn't Mowbray's Coventry team play against Dack when he was at Gillingham. 

Thanks for sharing the info. and please can you keep sharing what you can

There are hundreds of players that play against Mowbrays teams and Dack was one of them. My wider point was that Mowbray generally likes to sign players he knows or that somebody at a previous club will endorse their character.

As for the European scouting system the time to judge is when we actually sign some players who have been recommended. Personally I'll believe it when I see it.

Will the new legislation ending free movement in Europe scupper any potential new signings?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Can we expect Mowbray to leave at the end of the season with DJ taking over?

No Mowbray will have another season in my opinion, unless we have a bad start to season. Then who knows... Johnson is very highly rated 

On 07/07/2020 at 18:33, OssyLad said:

I also fully expect Damien Johnson to get job if Mowbray does end up leaving 

If the people who said Graham and Downing are going also told you that Jonty is in line for the Rovers job then I can pretty much confirm that they’re barking up the wrong tree.

He doesn’t want a managers job (Too unstable and cannot effect a club over the long term) and is looking at the DOF role for the future.

So the club would have to be looking at a DOF-head coach scenario to make this work.

Edited by Paul Mani

In my opinion we need a first choice Lb, CB and keeper.

Keep Bell as cover, Promote Butterworth, One of Wharton/Magloire/Grayson/Carter as direct CB cover and look to integrate Buckley, JRC, Butterworth and potentially Vale into regular players.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Keep Bell as cover, Promote Butterworth, One of Wharton/Magloire/Grayson/Carter as direct CB cover and look to integrate Buckley, JRC, Butterworth and potentially Vale into regular players.

I've only seen Butterworth play once but I really liked the look of him. He reminded me of a very young David Speedie. Then he got injured. I've heard it's a back injury. Having had a long term back injury myself sometimes that can mean " you have a friend for life ". Those old enough to remember Alan Gilliver at Rovers will know a back injury ruined his career. I hope Butterworth gets his career back on track but there are no guarantees Paul.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Owners will finalise budgets with Mowbray once the current season ends, so we can expect an answer in the next few weeks is what lancs live reporter Jaquob Crooke is saying. 

Why wait till the end of the season, surely we know all we need to know, now?

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Owners will finalise budgets with Mowbray once the current season ends, so we can expect an answer in the next few weeks is what lancs live reporter Jaquob Crooke is saying. 

Is that really his name or is it a spelling mistake ? My Rugby League team once had an Australian player whose first name was Radney. The story was that was a spelling mistake on his birth certificate, being an Aussie who knows ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

38 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I dont think he knows anything Chaddy. Think hes just a new journalist sort of re hashing what he can piece together. Either way we all know how farcical the situation is.

Its really annoying that both Williams and now Bell are contracted into next season. Neither good enough and now both seemingly injury prone. Had the chance to free up some vital resources but sadly we hand out new contracts to players we shouldnt like confetti. Has to stop.

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Unrealistic to expect them all to break through in the near future I would suggest and become regulars. Would be worth loaning out Vale, and maybe Butterworth who can play games to make up for lost time. The other 2 are already in and around without fully establishing themselves but even Buckley has Holtby and soon Dack ahead of him. You mention Carter but he cant be that close otherwise Mowbray wouldnt have gone against his previous comments and dusted Mulgrew down v Barnsley. Magloire and Grayson have only played kids football since looking wet behind the ears when they got a taste last time so Wharton out of them all stands out but is he good enough to be in a Championship squad? No idea. 

Wish we could have cut the inadequate Bell free when we had the chance too.

2 hours ago, TheWeasel said:

Would like to see us go in for Ronan Curtis again now Pompey are definitely not getting promoted.

They wanted 2.5mil when he had 6 months left on his deal. He’s now signed a new deal so absolutely no chance.

2 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Why wait till the end of the season, surely we know all we need to know, now?

do we? anything can happen in this league, Very unpredictable league 

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Is that really his name or is it a spelling mistake ? My Rugby League team once had an Australian player whose first name was Radney. The story was that was a spelling mistake on his birth certificate, being an Aussie who knows ?

Yes that is his name

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont think he knows anything Chaddy. Think hes just a new journalist sort of re hashing what he can piece together. Either way we all know how farcical the situation is.

Its really annoying that both Williams and now Bell are contracted into next season. Neither good enough and now both seemingly injury prone. Had the chance to free up some vital resources but sadly we hand out new contracts to players we shouldnt like confetti. Has to stop.

He has interviews pre and post match with Mowbray every time. He has asked questions I have asked him to ask. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Curtis would be much more favourable considering he would be a permanent signing but I doubt we can afford to pay for players this summer.

They wanted 2.5 million for him with 6 months left on contract and then he signed a new contract so we wont be signing for us. Murphy would be good loan signing, knows the league and what we need in terms pace.