BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

23 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It'll be a another last minute scramble probably better to look at who's on HSH books and their associated pals.

Walton isnt on HSH books. He is with crown football agency. 

Have you look through the agents of our players currently? 

9 hours ago, Atko's Engine said:

I don't share your obvious confidence I'm afraid, I rather think that with the pressure on him to succeed - and there will be, for all the reasons you mention - he will be an accident waiting to happen.

He'll be a target for every opposing manager, telling their players to get at him, get under his skin, put high balls on, force an error. He'll be baited at every ground we visit & by every away fan that comes to Ewood (as & when that's allowed again).

I really don't think we need to be inviting that sort of pressure on the rest of the team. IMO we're better off with a solid, consistent, under-the-radar type keeper who can just get on with his job.

Agree and although most of them have a cock up in them now and again at this level other decent sides seem to find them without spending a fortune. It's quite ridiculous we have to keep rolling the keeper dice it's a risky strategy and Walton for all his ups and downs leaving it so late in the window it could have been worse.

Just now, islander200 said:

A few week ago you were certain that McLaughlin was coming in as our number 1.He isn't foreign

Sorry all I did was post the info that was post out by a Journalist. That's it. 

I had seen McLaughlin played a few games but not enough to proper opinion 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sorry all I did was post the info that was post out by a Journalist. That's it. 

I had seen McLaughlin played a few games but not enough to proper opinion 

Wasn't having a go just saying they will be looking at the domestic market aswell.

Agreed that no point in having a European scouting network if we don't bring players in from abroad

12 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Wasn't having a go just saying they will be looking at the domestic market aswell.

Agreed that no point in having a European scouting network if we don't bring players in from abroad

Of course we should be looking domestic based aswell. 

I think we will see a transfer window that we have rarely seen before with player sales and incomings restricted in the main to frees and loans. 

I think Waggott and Mowbray will be tasked with raising a minimum of £10million through player trading and slashing the wage bill by £5million (including NI).

Next season, IMO, will be one tough challenge for survival.

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

I think we will see a transfer window that we have rarely seen before with player sales and incomings restricted in the main to frees and loans. 

I think Waggott and Mowbray will be tasked with raising a minimum of £10million through player trading and slashing the wage bill by £5million (including NI).

You predict this every window although this window may have the closest of being right. Still scaremongering mind you.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mercer said:

To stay within FFP guidelines, the above is the minimum we will have to do, i would probably say £12m in trading surplus plus £7m wage bill reduction would be more likely requirment..

If FFP are relaxed for next season then spending a bit this summer would be the best course of action. All depends what happens with FFP rules for next season in the next couple of weeks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, phili said:

To stay within FFP guidelines, the above is the minimum we will have to do, i would probably say £12m in trading surplus plus £7m wage bill reduction would be more likely requirment..

If FFP are relaxed for next season then spending a bit this summer would be the best course of action. All depends what happens with FFP rules for next season in the next couple of weeks.

After what’s happened with City I should hope they are relaxed. 

Unless relaxing of rules only applies to those who will cough up the fines - which I believe don’t count towards FFP too, conveniently. 

17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You predict this every window although this window may have the closest of being right. Still scaremongering mind you.

Not at all.

It's economics and the world has changed through coronavirus.

Venky's share price has fallen by something like 40% in six months.  Both the demand and price for poultry products have have been substantially affected in that part of the world.

Having tipped going on for £200million into Rovers and the necessity for frequent share issues to keep Rovers afloat, logic tells you there has to be a tipping point - you don't keep flogging a dead horse (it might be different if they could see Rovers making real progress and really challenging for the PL).

Add to all that FFP provisions and, IMO, it's a gloomy, gloomy picture.

I posted a few days ago that I think Rovers have never been as vulnerable to insolvency and financial collapse as they are now.

Very sadly, it's where I think the club now is.

What we will or won't do this summer will have diddly squat to do with FFP rules. It will be to do with the whim of Venkys who change their minds with regularity and quite clearly aren't following a well laid out multi year plan. If they were then Mowbray would know where he stood by now.

What City have done is immaterial as those are UEFA rules. The ones we have are Football League rules. Completely different although the aim is the same - ensure the 'big' clubs aren't threatened. 

We need to look at what guilty clubs have done - Aston Villa, QPR, Bournemouth, Brighton, Leicester, Birmingham, Reading, Derby, Sheffield Wednesday. Nothing to see here folks. 

Waggott will try to shield his bosses and it is unfortunate that they have a ready made excuse all set to go to print as soon as a sale or two happens. So many of the fan base have been indoctrinated with Ffp fear over the last 3 years that they will accept sales and a lack of investment as inevitable and even good if it enables us to comply with rules that others haven't bothered with. 

Waggott and Venkys happy as it gets them off the hook and reduces stick they get and the peasants can go back to being eternally grateful to India for keeping the lights on.

In the end I'm fully expecting a horrific summer including a couple of significant asset departures, no reinvestment and lack of adequate incomings. This isn't what was on the tin after promotion. This will likely result in a long hard relegation slog next season.

Mowbray and Waggott are expecting this and are priming the fan base for it with their interviews.

The fact Waggott can't even get tickets or shirts on sale by mid July tells me all I need to know.

Mowbray will get on with it, expectations lowered and focus on keeping the group intact and minimise the turnover in players. Waggott as the mouthpiece will tell everyone it is essential even though most other clubs won't do it.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 2

We have no idea what Venkys are thinking and what their plans are for next season. They seem happy enough to keep funding the club. 

They might back a spending spree or sensible budget or cut backs meaning 2 key players need to selling and players Mowbray wants are restricted to free and loans. Who knows. We will see in the next 12 months. 

FFP laws need scraping at this level 

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Not at all.

It's economics and the world has changed through coronavirus.

Venky's share price has fallen by something like 40% in six months.  Both the demand and price for poultry products have have been substantially affected in that part of the world.

Having tipped going on for £200million into Rovers and the necessity for frequent share issues to keep Rovers afloat, logic tells you there has to be a tipping point - you don't keep flogging a dead horse (it might be different if they could see Rovers making real progress and really challenging for the PL).

Add to all that FFP provisions and, IMO, it's a gloomy, gloomy picture.

I posted a few days ago that I think Rovers have never been as vulnerable to insolvency and financial collapse as they are now.

Very sadly, it's where I think the club now is.

Their share price has also risen something like 250% since they bought us to today’s price (400%+ pre-COVID), yet has made no difference in how they invested over those years. 

I do agree that I’m expecting nothing positive due to the shit show that is 2020 alongside bleak FFP. They are as rogue as it comes though so who knows.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, superniko said:

Their share price has also risen something like 250% since they bought us to today’s price (400%+ pre-COVID), yet has made no difference in how they invested over those years. 

I do agree that I’m expecting nothing positive due to the shit show that is 2020 alongside bleak FFP. They are as rogue as it comes though so who knows.

They have Invested based on mortgages on the land they own increasing in value 15 fold since they purchased us and being able to remortgage etc at higher amounts.

As land prices are now reducing and the Indian banking system having liquidity issues due to Covid, i would say they may not have the available cash to invest that much at the moment even if they want to.

• Like 2