BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Just now, Scotland1 said:

He’s no intention of signing that is pretty clear. Wanted a moved to wba before his injury.

If WBA go up which looks like they will, Bilic will be fishing in entirely different markets.  Dack will no longer be on the shopping list.  He owes us a final season and Mowbray needs to maximise it.

We won't see the coin anyways,they won't trust him with it any longer.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

He’s no intention of signing that is pretty clear. Wanted a moved to wba before his injury.

if chaddy is correct that the club has another option then that’s a game changer but I’ve seen nothing official to suggest so Maybe one for the LET paper to ask Tony? We were going to sell in January for the ffp calculations before his injury. Now with COVID this could actually help keep him.

LT article on Dack's contract with club option. 7th January the article from

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18142237.bradley-dack-undergoes-surgery-acl---plus-contract-update/

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

If WBA go up which looks like they will, Bilic will be fishing in entirely different markets.  Dack will no longer be on the shopping list.  He owes us a final season and Mowbray needs to maximise it.

We won't see the coin anyways,they won't trust him with it any longer.

We can’t set a budget atm as we don’t know ffp and the COVID impact fully, nothing has been released officially from the efl. we are creaking on the edge of maximum losses as it was back in January so Dack was always being sold to limit those losses and bring us back under the threshold. Now god knows? That’s why we signed Holtby who also now only has 12 months left 

Edited by Scotland1
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Well we definitely know which division we will be in next season. 

No excuse from Venkys/Mowbray now. Should be hard at work getting those targets over the line.

Except for the excuse of not knowing his budget, which is the only excuse he has used. I'm fairly sure it's only people on here who have excused the apparent lethargy on account of the notion that we didn't know which league we were going to be in.

4 hours ago, Scotland1 said:

We can’t set a budget atm as we don’t know ffp and the COVID impact fully, nothing has been released officially from the efl. we are creaking on the edge of maximum losses as it was back in January so Dack was always being sold to limit those losses and bring us back under the threshold. Now god knows? That’s why we signed Holtby who also now only has 12 months left 

Holtby can go now for me, he's a show pony.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think next season would be a season too far for him. He's another who can go for me.

Samuel, Graham, Downing, Smallwood, Leutwiler all out of contract all can go.

Bennett, Johnson, find a buyer or someone to take them.

Woodman as a goalie, Ohara as back up, Rhodes if he’s going freely, Balogun at Wigan who will be out of contract to replace Tosin. Then rebuild from there.

Edited by Scotland1

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Except for the excuse of not knowing his budget, which is the only excuse he has used. I'm fairly sure it's only people on here who have excused the apparent lethargy on account of the notion that we didn't know which league we were going to be in.

Yer it could be. I get lost sometimes on what people have posted and what I've read in the LT (or wherever)

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think next season would be a season too far for him. He's another who can go for me.

Yeh he's given us a good year and I thank him for it. I was worried it was going to be a waste of money. But he is showing signs of starting to dip that little bit, and I wouldn't be at all comfortable keeping him for another year on his current wages, which I think I read at the time were some 20k a week or so? At his age it's increasingly likely he will lose it at some point next season. With a significant wage drop I'd take him for another year. Like 5-8k per week, maybe, if the budget allows. But I can't see his agent agreeing to that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Yer it could be. I get lost sometimes on what people have posted and what I've read in the LT (or wherever)

I get that, I'm not 100% sure it hasn't been said in public too, but I can't recall it. It's definitely not been his main excuse, he has mostly talked about not knowing his budget. Which tbf, what can you do about that (without a time machine to un-buy BB and SG)?

Someone really needs to get insistent with Venkys that their late budgets are hamstringing the club, and if they want to get the best value for their investments they need to just schedule the decision a bit earlier in the year. But we know people who get insistent with Venkys don't last long.

1 hour ago, Scotland1 said:

Samuel, Graham, Downing, Smallwood, Leutwiler all out of contract all can go.

Bennett, Johnson, find a buyer or someone to take them.

Woodman as a goalie, Ohara as back up, Rhodes if he’s going freely, Balogun at Wigan who will be out of contract to replace Tosin. Then rebuild from there.

You can add Hart to the list of out of contractors that can go. (As most of us predicted what a waste of money it was giving Smallwood and Hart contract extensions btw)

I'd also be pretty keen to offload Mulgrew as well. He was fantastic for us in League 1 which was clearly a level or two below his natural ability, but at this level his legs have clearly gone, and we can't afford to have one of our top earners sat there for another season doing nothing.

Agree completely about Johnson and Bennett. Johnson strikes me as someone just here for one last pay day who has never made an effort to get properly fit all season.

Imo we need to move heaven and earth to shift Bennett.  Apart from a very brief spell in central midfield in League 1 he has never really performed since being at the Club yet, like Jason Lowe before him, seems to make himself indispensable in the eyes of the incumbent manager - presumably by being a good old bloke around the place all week. However we need a talisman who leads by example by performing well on the pitch every game. Not someone who fails to perform every week but who creates the illusion of whole hearted commitment by doing a big fist pump after the game and by chipping in occasionally with hollow tub thumping soundbites on social media. He's entirely symptomatic of the malaise within the Club.

Sadly we can fairly confidently predict little of this will occur if Mowbray remains in charge with the possible exception of Mulgrew who he appeared to fall out with at the start of the season. He'll bang on about the need for "experience" and these players we most sorely need to see the back of will be the last ones to depart if Tony gets his way.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 2

• Backroom

Chapman will surely be gone in the summer too, whether on a free or terminated contact I can’t see him being here at the start of the season 

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

Chapman will surely be gone in the summer too, whether on a free or terminated contact I can’t see him being here at the start of the season 

Strange, isn't it. If you're one of Tony's favoured players you're on easy street, there's never any pressure on you to perform, you'll never get criticised and you'll be selected regardless of performances or even be handed new contracts when you're not playing and not likely to play.

Yet if you somehow get on the wrong side of him as Raya, Chapman, Brereton, Davenport (and even Nyambe and Travis for a spell) seem to have done at some point you never even get a look in.

I find it all very odd. What was that famous quote from Animal Farm?

"All animals are equal but some are more equal than others."

Hmmm......... seems old George knew a thing or two.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I get that, I'm not 100% sure it hasn't been said in public too, but I can't recall it. It's definitely not been his main excuse, he has mostly talked about not knowing his budget. Which tbf, what can you do about that (without a time machine to un-buy BB and SG)?

Someone really needs to get insistent with Venkys that their late budgets are hamstringing the club, and if they want to get the best value for their investments they need to just schedule the decision a bit earlier in the year. But we know people who get insistent with Venkys don't last long.

Venkys are terrible for slow starts with transfer budgets.

Mowbray can't fly out to India this time, so you would hope that they just get this Skype call done asap.

8 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You can add Hart to the list of out of contractors that can go. (As most of us predicted what a waste of money it was giving Smallwood and Hart contract extensions btw)

I'd also be pretty keen to offload Mulgrew as well. He was fantastic for us in League 1 which was clearly a level or two below his natural ability, but at this level his legs have clearly gone, and we can't afford to have one of our top earners sat there for another season doing nothing.

Agree completely about Johnson and Bennett. Johnson strikes me as someone just here for one last pay day who has never made an effort to get properly fit all season.

Imo we need to move heaven and earth to shift Bennett.  Apart from a very brief spell in central midfield in League 1 he has never really performed since being at the Club yet, like Jason Lowe before him, seems to make himself indispensable in the eyes of the incumbent manager - presumably by being a good old bloke around the place all week. However we need a talisman who leads by example by performing well on the pitch every game. Not someone who fails to perform every week but who creates the illusion of whole hearted commitment by doing a big fist pump after the game and by chipping in occasionally with hollow tub thumping soundbites on social media. He's entirely symptomatic of the malaise within the Club.

Sadly we can fairly confidently predict little of this will occur if Mowbray remains in charge with the possible exception of Mulgrew who he appeared to fall out with at the start of the season. He'll bang on about the need for "experience" and these players we most sorely need to see the back of will be the last ones to depart if Tony gets his way.

To have one of the least effective players on the pitch as your captain  is a mistake. That's not going to inspire anyone.

2 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Venkys are terrible for slow starts with transfer budgets.

Mowbray can't fly out to India this time, so you would hope that they just get this Skype call done asap.

I am not sure how he keeps up with his claptrap about not knowing his budget.

It's simple and pretty much all of us know the budget for next season already, to comply with FFP we need to reduce our budget for next season by £13m. So he will need to generate £8-10m in player sales and reduce the wage bill by £3-5m.

To do that he needs to immediately get rid of all out of contract players, which should reduce the wage bill by £2-3m. He then needs to player trade like he has never done before to get a competitive squad together quickly. I would have much more confidence in a Warnock or Allardyce to do this or even Gareth Ainsworth and Karl Robinson who can bring through good quality lower league players and there will be an abundance of those being released by clubs. 

If FFP are relaxed for a season he will get the same budget as this year. It is that simple but you would plan and budget based on the rules staying the same.

• Like 1

Don't forget the huge corona hole in this seasons budget that'll have to be covered somehow. If they can't or won't stick in the extra millions from lost income then it's there in the way of external debt to somewhere probably so that'll need squaring off at some point.

13 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Holtby can go now for me, he's a show pony.

Another a bit like Evans who shines when the team around him is doing well and we are in a little purple patch but disappears when the going gets tough.  We desperately need characters who can grab games by the scruff and help to literally dig out results when it isn't pretty or we don't really deserve it on performances but keep pinching something.

Rarely happens here we are either quite good or poor and rely on a moment from someone.

Edited by tomphil