BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

12 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

You are right chaddy they are not irrelevant.  I have no doubt that at least two of  Armstrong, Travis, Nyambe and Lenihan will be allowed to move on to raise funds to allow us to bring in some freebies and a loan or two.  Survival as a football club is going to be the main aim whilst we deal with the virus rather than funding a promotion bid.  Sadly, I suspect there are going to be some real tough times ahead for us as a football club.

I think Nyambe will go for certain and I wouldnt be surprised if Dack does go aswell. 

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Why would he leave WBA as their number 2 to come here as a number 2?!

With this pandemic some players will be happy just to have contract  

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I think Nyambe will go for certain and I wouldnt be surprised if Dack does go aswell. 

With this pandemic some players will be happy just to have contract  

A good manager would have a plan for if the departures happen. Not use them as an excuse.

• Like 3

This summer transfer window will be manic, There will be a lot of players specially youngsters who will be looking for a contract/playing time, cuts will be made and prem clubs will have to subsidise majority of wages, squads will be trimmed so if there is any sort of budget bargains could become available, The pandemic will have a massive impact on most clubs but feel a big fee sale could potentially get us a few good deals coming in

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
46 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

You are right chaddy they are not irrelevant.  I have no doubt that at least two of  Armstrong, Travis, Nyambe and Lenihan will be allowed to move on to raise funds to allow us to bring in some freebies and a loan or two.  Survival as a football club is going to be the main aim whilst we deal with the virus rather than funding a promotion bid.  Sadly, I suspect there are going to be some real tough times ahead for us as a football club.

It’s a shame Mowbray waxed £12 Million on two poor strikers. If he hadn’t, we might still have some money for squad improvements....

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

It's been a tough decade as a football club, we're used to it.

6 hours ago, bluebruce said:

And the potential corona hole for next season.

I kinda suspect that that one will dictate the FUP relaxation more in a way. They don't know how long the problems will run on for and this makes it difficult for clubs to set their budgets accordingly for staying out of FUP. Otherwise the sensible thing to do would just be to take the largest estimated loss by a club due to covid, add a little bit, and add that to what every club can lose before the penalties hit. And I'd expect it to have been done by now, so clubs know the rules and can go about their business. The fact the issues could be ongoing means it makes more sense to kick the whole thing down the road until the picture is clearer.

Agree and i hope the FUP gets brought into line otherwise it pushes more clubs towards the edge.

My main point though was it all still has to be covered so we are relying on them for extra money or it comes out of next seasons and maybe beyond to square off extra debt taken.  Personally i'd expect a Tom Cairney,  David Raya type late unexpected 3 mill pound sale in the event of no big out going transfer that would cover the lot.

And i suspect Nyambe will be the sacrifice if so.

Edited by tomphil

2 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

Don’t give Mowbray any more money he will just waste it. Give him a p45 and let’s get the Chris Hughton Gary Rowett show on the road with Johnno as N2.

Or with whoever they actually want as their number 2.

33 minutes ago, rigger said:

Ideal for a team that needs goalkeepers and defenders.

Bloke is 32 as well, just what we need to replace Danny Graham with....

Our transfer policy is and always will be weird. I don’t think this Terrode will come, but what I do know is we will have someone completely out of the blue and in a position we don’t really need. 

So expect a central midfielder to come in at least. 

19 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

has anyone thought who our new goalkeeper will be,our main priority surely

Wasn't we close to Martinez from Arsenal? Maybe we will revisit some of our targets from previous windows. I guess Wes Foderingham is on the shortlist.

Robin Bormuth is now a free agent.

Toni Borevkovic is still at Rio Ave.

Weren't we linked to a centreback from Hannover as well?

33 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Bloke is 32 as well, just what we need to replace Danny Graham with....

Our transfer policy is and always will be weird. I don’t think this Terrode will come, but what I do know is we will have someone completely out of the blue and in a position we don’t really need. 

only a link. Dont know the player

4 minutes ago, Swanson said:

Wasn't we close to Martinez from Arsenal? Maybe we will revisit some of our targets from previous windows. I guess Wes Foderingham is on the shortlist.

Think @Bbrovers2288 said we were

31 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

has anyone thought who our new goalkeeper will be,our main priority surely

we will find out. We will linked with some shortly. 

2 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

If only we were one of those clubs with rich owners. ? 

• Like 1

• Backroom

It seems obvious that Nyambe this summer will echo Raya last summer.

Made to feel unloved here so he would be open to a move, Lowish bid comes in and we accept citing that it’s right because he wants to look for other opportunities.

We well for £2m or so and he goes in to greater strengths 

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

It seems obvious that Nyambe this summer will echo Raya last summer.

Made to feel unloved here so he would be open to a move, Lowish bid comes in and we accept citing that it’s right because he wants to look for other opportunities.

We well for £2m or so and he goes in to greater strengths 

It’s just so sad that we end up stuck with the likes of Bennett, at the latter stages of his career, because of his versatility and commitment over the more able, and more potential in Nyambe.

This will happen when you have players (and agents) with more ambition than the manager.

Also interesting in @Miller11’s recent post about the stable that Mowbray and most of our managers have come from. Is this Venkys doing or Suhail’s?

Ignorant owners?

Opportunist ‘advisers’?

Board members promoted beyond their capabilities?

Comfortable, autonomous manager?

It’s pretty inevitable we’ll end up with those players happy to pick up a salary and lose the ones with more ambition.

We need a real, positive event this Summer (and I don’t mean a pop concert). Get in a decent keeper and a known ex-PL striker to replace Graham and we’ll make do with loans, youth and frees.

• Like 2