BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

40 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Davenport has I dont think ever started a game for us and Rankin Costello only 5, 4 of which were out of position. Not sure we can bank on them yet although they need time.

No Davenport hasn't but show he should be around the first team squad next season. Him and Travis partnership could be good one for us. 

I expect Rankin Costello to be a first team regular by end of next season. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

No Davenport hasn't but show he should be around the first team squad next season. Him and Travis partnership could be good one for us. 

I expect Rankin Costello to be a first team regular by end of next season. 

Yeah I think Davenport will secure his place for next season in the last two games. Looks a very good player. I think with him and Travis and one of Holtby or Rothwell in the left side of the 3 midfield, we are well stocked there. Evans and Buckley for back up too. 6 good players in there with potential.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I'm not sure how administration works but I'm fairly positive if they entered administration they'd have to effectively wipe that debt off, which is probably part of the reason they have never done so. Maybe they are of the illusion that one day they'll see a return on it.

In any case, get me a Blackburn Rovers FC in the Evostik North but owned by accountable people any day of the week over treading water in the Championship with a giant rock over our heads, being made to feel thankful for the money they put in.

can you imagine the chaos we`de cause at bamber bridge,matlock,buxton,lancaster etc,it would be fantastic?☺️

8 minutes ago, Swanson said:

Don't know if this is the right thread, but I see that Coventry have already signed 5 players? Looks like they have done some scouting in Europe as well, players from Germany, Netherland and France coming in.

They probably don't even have this prestigious European scouting network we have.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

How do you know this lot won't do that at some point in the near future ?

well we don't but they have put over 165 million pounds so far into Venkys London Limit just from the official accounts on companies house website

are they willing away from that? 

2 hours ago, Swanson said:

Don't know if this is the right thread, but I see that Coventry have already signed 5 players? Looks like they have done some scouting in Europe as well, players from Germany, Netherland and France coming in.

Bonus of knowing that you are promoted weeks ago but where are they playing their home games? Do they even have a stadium in Coventry to play in? 

5 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

How do you know this lot won't do that at some point in the near future ?

Don’t knowTyrone, this lot are capable of doing anything but going into admin would only end up with the club being in debt to the owners themselves, as they are the main debtors.  However never say never.

just been reading about the Salgado issue and him being told that he would never play again for the club in order to save money as they couldn’t or where not willing to pay for another contract, which he would have triggered had he played one more game.  That ended well also.

Makes you wonder why, we as fans, actually bother but we do and they know it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Bonus of knowing that you are promoted weeks ago but where are they playing their home games? Do they even have a stadium in Coventry to play in? 

Nothing being mentioned in the local press, if you're wanting an update. The corona virus has left Wasps needing to shed their budget, with Coventry Rugby having to lose about 10 players and a number of office staff to make ends meet and stay professional (the RFU also halved what they give to teams in the second tier and haven't postponed it due to the crisis).

7 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Yeah I think Davenport will secure his place for next season in the last two games. Looks a very good player. I think with him and Travis and one of Holtby or Rothwell in the left side of the 3 midfield, we are well stocked there. Evans and Buckley for back up too. 6 good players in there with potential.

Travis will be off

Davenport unproven

Holtby past it

Buckley not big or good enough

Evans done  nothing really in about 4 seasons 

Rothwell on his day is unplayable,  Tony doesn't know how to get that day out of him every week

We need some proper quality if promotion is the aim....as you are if mid table mediocrity is your bag

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

Mowbray talking about the youth academy again, We have spent loads keeping it as a cat 1, we have pushed a few youth in over the past few seasons and they have stepped up and become assets, We still have a few more waiting for the opportunity, wingers, defenders, could force the tactical genius to play players in natural positions 

That's how I read it, hes sowing the seeds for us only getting in freebies and loans. I think we'd all be happy at some youth coming through but that seems at odds to him shoving bennet at left back and bringing mulgrew in over carter

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Jlee1984 said:

Mowbray talking about the youth academy again, We have spent loads keeping it as a cat 1, we have pushed a few youth in over the past few seasons and they have stepped up and become assets, We still have a few more waiting for the opportunity, wingers, defenders, could force the tactical genius to play players in natural positions 

Yes we are 2 million pounds per season to keep the academy going. This is our future to keep bringing through our young players. IMO, we have players with talent coming through and hopefully we can bring this talent through to the 1st team. 

I would expect only loans and frees from most Championship clubs and with the vast majority cutting back on budget. 

I was impressed by Chris Wilcock performance yesterday for Huddersfield against WBA in the 1st half. Use his pace and skill

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes we are 2 million pounds per season to keep the academy going. This is our future to keep bringing through our young players. IMO, we have players with talent coming through and hopefully we can bring this talent through to the 1st team. 

I would expect only loans and frees from most Championship clubs and with the vast majority cutting back on budget. 

I was impressed by Chris Wilcock performance yesterday for Huddersfield against WBA in the 1st half. Use his pace and skill

Yeah 22 year old looked decent. He's with Benfica until another 2 years and has been on loan with Huddersfield since January 2020. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Defenders are coming 

He’s close to signing he’s ready to sign any day now. It’s a long contract but it will be signed in  24 hrs

If there was more due on the pitch Junior scores that.

No I didn’t see a plane I don’t know what it said 

I give you Tony Kean Mowbray 

• Like 1

Even though I strongly believe that it is time for TM go, I also know that the chances of that actually happening are very slim, which leaves this summer as a crucial window in his reign. The noises that seem to be coming from the club point to a low budget with a reliance on academy players for next season. Due to the youthful nature of our squad already I don’t believe that is the end of the world for us, and with one or two tweaks, taking TM out of the equation, we could have a squad capable of challenging the top end of the table.

With Dack coming back I feel as if we will revert back to our 4231 formation in order to get the best out of him. It is obvious that we need a new centre back, left back, keeper and at least one wide player. If we want to challenge next season these acquisitions need to be first team quality and players who can come straight into the team. Assuming that they are, we would be left with a very capable squad.

GK: New, Fisher

RB: Nyambe, Bennett 

CB: Lenihan, New, Williams, Carter, Grayson 

LB: New, Bell

CM: Travis, Evans, Davenport, Buckley, Holtby, Johnson 

RM: Rothwell, JRC

LM: New, Chapman 

CAM: Dack: Holtby, Buckley 

Striker: Arma, Gally, BB

Anyone not on that list has to be let go of imo. On paper that looks quite strong to me, but is heavily reliant on us making the right signings in the right areas, something which I don’t really have faith in TM doing. But there is certainly potential there for a decent season. 

What we cannot afford to do this summer is buy squad players, especially in this economic climate. We already have the current players, aswell as upcoming youngsters to bulk up the squad, what we really need is first team quality and I hope that is where we focus our finically resources, if any, on this summer.

Edited by TruRover

1 hour ago, Cherry Blue said:

Yeah 22 year old looked decent. He's with Benfica until another 2 years and has been on loan with Huddersfield since January 2020. 

I was thinking of a loan move for him. I would be looking at Josh Cullen from West Ham who is on loan at Charlton who has year left on contract if we did sell Lewis Travis.