RCM -Travis/Buckley

CM - New/Evans

LCM - Rothwell/Davenport

Trequartisa - Dack/Holtby

Striker - New/Gallagher

Striker- Armstrong/Brereton 

Utility/Squad - Bennett, Wharton, Williams, Vale, Chapman

Ins: GK, 2xCentre Backs, Left Back, Defensive Midfielder, Striker

Outs: Graham, Samuel, Smallwood, Leutweiler, Hart, Mulgrew, Johnson, Thompson, Tosin, Walton

This how I see it, 10 out, 6 in and use youth players to fill out squad. 

JRC absolutely isn't a fullback. 

We shouldnt be playing 3 central midfielders and a "trequartista."

Stick to the 4-2-3-1. Holtby and Chapman competing to come from the right, Rothwell and Rankin Costello from the left, Dack as the main 10, Armstrong 9 with Brereton and Gallagher backing them up. No more wide strikers and false 9s. If possible, bring in another actual natural winger and loan out Buckley for some regular football.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Stick to the 4-2-3-1. Holtby and Chapman competing to come from the right, Rothwell and Rankin Costello from the left, Dack as the main 10, Armstrong 9 with Brereton and Gallagher backing them up. No more wide strikers and false 9s. If possible, bring in another actual natural winger and loan out Buckley for some regular football.

Buckley can go Barrow and get some mens Football in

20 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

JRC absolutely isn't a fullback. 

Boy came up through the ranks at Right Wing Back, hardly a stretch given his performances at left back in the last few. I think he could play anywhere and be effective. 

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We played 4-3-1-2 yesterday and looked great. 

3 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Buckley can go Barrow and get some mens Football in

Rather send him League One if somebody there is interested in playing him weekly. He does have a fair few showings at a higher level than that now. League Two won't benefit us with him for the same reason it hasn't really with Wharton. It isn't a level that can give us an indication of whether he can regularly play two levels above it.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

I would say it was Rothwell from the left and Holtby from the right coming in. 

If Rothwell was wide left he was out of position the whole game.

Travis Johnson Rothwell 

———-Holtby————-

Brereton——Armstrong

Is what I saw

Just now, roversfan99 said:

I would say it was Rothwell from the left and Holtby from the right coming in. 

So you would say we played similar to the way Southampton under Ralph Hasenhuetti in 4-2-2-2 formation? 

https://www.hampshirelive.news/sport/football/football-news/strengths-weaknesses-hasenhuttl-system-southampton-4203343

1 hour ago, Jlee1984 said:

All debt is owed to the owners so by putting themselves into administration is pointless, players will be let go, Brentford have proved by selling your assets doesn't always end bad, Recruitment needs to be right

Therein lies the fly in our ointment. Our recruitment is mediocre at best. Certainly it's not in Brentford's class.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why administration is almost a certainly? 

why do Venkys get out of that? 

As far as i know Venky's have never put a penny of their own cash into us. It has been loans and mortgages from the Bank of India using the 1000's of acres of prime land and real estate they own as collateral for these loans.

This is all well and good so long as the land assets continue to increase, to enable them to remortgage every couple of years and they pay the interest payments. 

Issue arise such as 4 years ago and our relegation from premier league when they can't remortgage quickly or land prices have not gone up sufficiently. This is when, such as during the last summer of Gary Bowyer and the Coyle summer, when we had difficulty paying our wage bill on a number of occasions in those 2 seasons.

So long as the loans stay with Venky's everything is ok, if the loans are transferred to the UK holding company then that is when we will be put into administration and quickly.

This summer i expect it to be very tight again, as land prices have fallen and the Bank of India is calling in loans and not lending at present.

• Like 6

If we’re looking for a LB, I liked the look of that one at Birmingham City. Pedersen I think. Looked quite strong defensively and attacking when I’ve seen him. They also had a good little midfielder by the name of Crowley. Seemed quick footed and always passing the ball around quickly.

Stephen Kingsley is out of contract at Hull and if they go down I can’t see him getting a new offer from them always thought he  was pretty steady at left back , decent delivery not the quickest mind 

Edited by AJW

31 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Don’t start with that shit. ;) 

So no answer to those questions in my 1st reply or to my next 2 questions I asked in another post? I post them again. 

Why administration is almost a certainly? 

why do Venkys get out of that? 

What are these apparent conditions Stuart that these managers have to work in under Venkys? 

Fanbase split? The fanbase might be split on here but if you read other social media sites plenty of support for Mowbray out there. Also I would point to K-Hod post on fanbase support towards Mowbray. Have you heard any chants for Mowbray to be sack at the games you attended this season? You sit hear the dugout in the family stand so you would hear these chants? have they been

on Fans, they have to make their own decisions. Will you still be there Stuart supporting the club in 3 years time? 

The fans forum have been united in front of Balaji? you mean the trip to India which some members spoke to Balaji about Kean's future? 

I think the definition of "split" needs establishing. There is plenty of support out there, as there is plenty of criticism and skepticism, the very definition of split. Look in different places, and you will get differences in the split, but ultimately a split fanbase is fair.

The questions are about his ability to push us forward, therefore that would never see people chanting for the manager to go. Thinks would really have to dovetail for anything like that to happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phili said:

As far as i know Venky's have never put a penny of their own cash into us. It has been loans and mortgages from the Bank of India using the 1000's of acres of prime land and real estate they own as collateral for these loans.

This is all well and good so long as the land assets continue to increase, to enable them to remortgage every couple of years and they pay the interest payments. 

Issue arise such as 4 years ago and our relegation from premier league when they can't remortgage quickly or land prices have not gone up sufficiently. This is when, such as during the last summer of Gary Bowyer and the Coyle summer, when we had difficulty paying our wage bill on a number of occasions in those 2 seasons.

So long as the loans stay with Venky's everything is ok, if the loans are transferred to the UK holding company then that is when we will be put into administration and quickly.

This summer i expect it to be very tight again, as land prices have fallen and the Bank of India is calling in loans and not lending at present.

That's just the secret to good business, use somebody else's money.  Their core business is underpinned by tens of millions in debt probably secured on similar things.

You can bet though they'll have about 500 million money at hand squirreled away somewhere. People are off their rockers though if they think they've spewed the family fortune on Rovers it'll be set so if it does go tits up they'll be unscathed.

Edited by tomphil

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

So you would say we played similar to the way Southampton under Ralph Hasenhuetti in 4-2-2-2 formation? 

https://www.hampshirelive.news/sport/football/football-news/strengths-weaknesses-hasenhuttl-system-southampton-4203343

That's the formation Brazil used when they had Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Rivaldo, Adriano etc. Not a terrible fit for our attacking players, but our full backs aren't anywhere near good enough to give the required support in attack. 

As for next season, I'm pessimistic. It's very rare that the kind of wholesale clean outs us supporters regularly want actually come to pass. Replacing Adarabioyo and Walton will of course be the main focus, can't see us doing much beyond that. 

Just now, Commondore said:

That's the formation Brazil used when they had Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Rivaldo, Adriano etc. Not a terrible fit for our attacking players, but our full backs aren't anywhere near good enough to give the required support in attack. 

As for next season, I'm pessimistic. It's very rare that the kind of wholesale clean outs us supporters regularly want actually come to pass. Replacing Adarabioyo and Walton will of course be the main focus, can't see us doing much beyond that. 

We would need 2 attacking full backs to make that system work properly.

We need an experience keeper and partner for Lenihan, plus 1st choice left back. Back up right back and keeper and right winger

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

So no answer to those questions in my 1st reply or to my next 2 questions I asked in another post? I post them again. 

Why administration is almost a certainly? 

why do Venkys get out of that? 

What are these apparent conditions Stuart that these managers have to work in under Venkys? 

Fanbase split? The fanbase might be split on here but if you read other social media sites plenty of support for Mowbray out there. Also I would point to K-Hod post on fanbase support towards Mowbray. Have you heard any chants for Mowbray to be sack at the games you attended this season? You sit hear the dugout in the family stand so you would hear these chants? have they been

on Fans, they have to make their own decisions. Will you still be there Stuart supporting the club in 3 years time? 

The fans forum have been united in front of Balaji? you mean the trip to India which some members spoke to Balaji about Kean's future? 

Chris, when you start giving straight answers you can start on your high horse.

It’s hard to know which Chaddy I’m posting with from one month to the next.

• Like 3