BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

3 million bought Raya,  3  million bought Tom Cairney...

Let's just think about that when putting actual sale prices on some of these lads.  I could easily see Nyambe or Travis going for that of a bit less before add on's. 

Armstrong and Dack will have the premium prices but maybe not as daft as some would think. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'd pay more for Travis, I think he's got more potential.

I wouldn't say there is much in it, but I would say Lenihan is worth slightly more. Although you could argue Travis is English, so that increases his value, whereas Lenihan is a full-international

Personally, I rate Travis more highly as well 

Just now, tomphil said:

Let's just think about that when putting actual sale prices on some of these lads.  I could easily see Nyambe or Travis going for that of a bit less before add on's. 

Armstrong and Dack will have the premium prices but maybe not as daft as some would think. 

Maybe Nyambe, but not a chance with Travis imo 

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

If we sold the 5 players we would get around £20m. Their wages and the out of contract players would probably save around £8m for the next season, which is probably what is required.

Allow 1 or 2 free transfers on low wages and a couple of loan signings as replacements and that would probably be it for us

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Maybe Nyambe, but not a chance with Travis imo 

Remember we are talking before add ons, we got Armstrong for 1.75 initially.

Travis has no more standing that Nyambe at the min, other than being a midfielder probably less experience.  He doesn't have the Raya or TC pedigree either.  I could see a package for a decent fee but initially it could be very realistic it all depends on who and how many might have concrete interest.

Then there is his contract to take into account.

36 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

No chance IMO, not right now. 

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I wouldn't say there is much in it, but I would say Lenihan is worth slightly more. Although you could argue Travis is English, so that increases his value, whereas Lenihan is a full-international

Personally, I rate Travis more highly as well 

No chance, but Lenihan is only worth slightly more? So there is a chance that someone would pay more for Travis then Lenihan then?! 

Going back to a sale, Mowbray's recent comments point towards Nyambe being the likely one to be sacrificed I think, which would also let him give Bennett a full season at right back.

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

No chance, but Lenihan is only worth slightly more? So there is a chance that someone would pay more for Travis then Lenihan then?! 

Going back to a sale, Mowbray's recent comments point towards Nyambe being the likely one to be sacrificed I think, which would also let him give Bennett a full season at right back.

With add ons it's complicated, base rates I think we would get £3 mil for Travis and more like £4.5 million for Lenihan. Factor in Travis is English and add ons related to that and you could be closer or above the £4.5 million, but then you would have add ons for Lenihan too. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

31 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It feels like, we are the only club the daft prices don't apply to, unless we are buying of course.

We can't buy Gally and BB for £5/6m and sell much better players like Dack, AA or Trav for less.

Bonkers.

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Aiden o Brian on a free 

You think we should sign him, or you think we are signing him?

31 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Nice replacement for Graham 

On the face of it, cast off by Millwall after mainly being a sub in his time there. We have Armstrong, Dack, Holtby, Rothwell, Rankin Costello, Chapman, Gallagher, Brereton etc in attacking areas so seems a little unless hes an out and out winger. 

Suspect you know more than most considering his national team. What sort of player is he? Any good?

5 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

It feels like, we are the only club the daft prices don't apply to, unless we are buying of course.

We can't buy Gally and BB for £5/6m and sell much better players like Dack, AA or Trav for less.

Bonkers.

I believe Gally was in the 3 million plus add ons range so that maybe about right but the Brereton deal imo stinks, a lot.

If ever a player should have been in the 1 to 2 million before add ons range it's him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You think we should sign him, or you think we are signing him?

On the face of it, cast off by Millwall after mainly being a sub in his time there. We have Armstrong, Dack, Holtby, Rothwell, Rankin Costello, Chapman, Gallagher, Brereton etc in attacking areas so seems a little unless hes an out and out winger. 

Suspect you know more than most considering his national team. What sort of player is he? Any good?

I have watched him twice live with Ireland , can't recall if I have seen him with Milwall beyond a few clips. He actually scored in the Poland game, so maybe I saw the good side. 

He looks very hard working and I would say strong on the ball. He took his goal well, a header. He plays upfront or on either wing (Tonys ears prick up). He has been injured recently. 

Ya, I agree we have a lot of options in the attacking areas. Its a GK, CB (or 2) and a left-back first and foremost for me. 

Some stupid prices put on our players heads in this thread, we have some really good assets, Armstrong alone would be valued between 8-12 million alone, Sheffield utd wanted Lenihan and were quoted around 8 million, They went away in the end but that's what our players are valued at, if we are restricted to loans and frees then so be it if it stops us getting out pants pulled down and sell for cheap again!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Jlee1984 said:

Some stupid prices put on our players heads in this thread, we have some really good assets, Armstrong alone would be valued between 8-12 million alone, Sheffield utd wanted Lenihan and were quoted around 8 million, They went away in the end but that's what our players are valued at, if we are restricted to loans and frees then so be it if it stops us getting out pants pulled down and sell for cheap again!

Fair do's, I don't think anyone expects us to be going out splashing cash around in the current climate and with Mowbray running recruitment I'm not sure id be comfortable even if we could.

If the plan for the summer is wheel and deal, keep our prized possessions unless big offers come in and fill in the gaps using loans then thats more or less what we've done the last two summers other than the odd deals with Brereton and Gallagher.

It's when we start taking knock down bids from tinpot clubs for prized assets e.g. Raya and Cairney that people start getting fed up. 

• Like 4

Mowbray always compares us to Brentford and in my opinion we are where they were 2 seasons ago, We have assets to sell for good money, difference is Brentford used that money well, I like Mowbray but if we were to go down the same road his job would be on the line this time if targets under perform

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

Unfortunately every chance of that happening , similar to Raya last season ...

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

With add ons it's complicated, base rates I think we would get £3 mil for Travis and more like £4.5 million for Lenihan. Factor in Travis is English and add ons related to that and you could be closer or above the £4.5 million, but then you would have add ons for Lenihan too. 

Not sure what planet you and a few others are living on.

I'd be disappointed to see Travis leave for less than say 8 - 12 million with add ons. Arma similar range. Dack maybe a touch more if he shows the same form post injury. Lenihan around 8 million. 

Sometimes I think people love to just be pessimistic for the sake of it.

• Like 2

Just now, ben_the_beast said:

Lenihan around 8 million. 

His style isn't compatible with the premier league, too slow and technically not good enough. When pressured he panics on the ball. I don't see a championship club payimg that much.

I'd give him captain for next season.

• Like 4

These valuations are fairly meaningless out of context.

The question that you would ask is, would teams be interested in these players that could afford these players? 

Considering the financial situation caused by the pandemic, I suspect that only Premier League teams would be able to pay decent money for players. Maybe at a push teams being relegated, but even then, Norwich for example barely spend pre-pandemic and of course with Premier League money. Maybe scope for teams like Villa and Bournemouth assuming they come down and lose a few but even then, would they come straight to us and our players? Unconvinced. And would they be desperate to move to a side in the same League? Probably for a pay rise.

Dack is the most consistently proven but is no longer considered "young" and is also not yet back fit from serious injury. So I am unconvinced if there will be much interest in him.

Armstrong as a young, English, pacy striker, maybe. But could I see him starting/regularly featuring in the Premier League? Possibly not. And he has only been scoring regularly for half a season

People put Lenihan and Sheffield United together considering rumoured interest from a while ago. But Lenihan is certainly not suited to playing as an overlapping wing back, and Sheffield United now have Egan as that middle CB and have obviously developed massively as a club. Can I see them coming in for Lenihan at that level, probably to be a sub? Not really. He is critical to us but perhaps partly because he is our only proper CB.

Travis, developing player, young, British. One for Premier League teams to be massively interested in at this time? Not sure he would.

And Nyambe is a very good prospect, not long left on his contract. Out of the 5 he possibly has the longest to go in terms of development, at this moment is he a stand out Championship RB? Not sure. Needs to improve his attacking side. Chaddy keeps mentioning Palace, theyve just signed Ferguson from WBA so thats a non starter.

5 good players and I am sure if we made them readily available we would get interest but I am not sure if the market/demand is there at this present moment, all things considered, and if it is, I find it very difficult to assign fees because it all depends who the players would be going to.

• Like 3