BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Either something is deeply wrong or Mowbray is enticing bids, lower league clubs are delving into the market already, We are letting players go because we can't negotiate, we need a sale fast and to try move forward, otherwise we will hear the mowbray cant afford it and it didn't work out quotes, last thing we need is panic signings 

19 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

Not sure what planet you and a few others are living on.

I'd be disappointed to see Travis leave for less than say 8 - 12 million with add ons. Arma similar range. Dack maybe a touch more if he shows the same form post injury. Lenihan around 8 million. 

Sometimes I think people love to just be pessimistic for the sake of it.

Ha ha, me being pessimistic? Haven't gotten accused of that much! 

What you would be disappointed someone leaves for and what they are worth are 2 very different things. Armstrong and Dack due to the number of games played at this level and consistent delivery(more so Dack) puts them well ahead of what Travis is worth right now. This was basically his breakout season. 

I wish Lenihan was worth £8 million, but alas he isn't. Sheffield united signed John Egan for £4.5 million and he better than Lenihan. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jlee1984 said:

Either something is deeply wrong or Mowbray is enticing bids, lower league clubs are delving into the market already, We are letting players go because we can't negotiate, we need a sale fast and to try move forward, otherwise we will hear the mowbray cant afford it and it didn't work out quotes, last thing we need is panic signings 

Huh???

I reckon it is more of a twitter bot account myself than Mowbray trying to sell a player he starts whenever he is fit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jlee1984 said:

Mowbray's waiting to hear his budget.

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

What you would be disappointed someone leaves for and what they are worth are 2 very different things. Armstrong and Dack due to the number of games played at this level and consistent delivery(more so Dack) puts them well ahead of what Travis is worth right now. This was basically his breakout season. 

I wish Lenihan was worth £8 million, but alas he isn't. Sheffield united signed John Egan for £4.5 million and he better than Lenihan. 

Also though, what someone is worth to the market, and what they are worth to us, are two very different things too. I feel the club need to be more ambitious with player sales, like many other clubs are. What does selling any of our assets for these fees accomplish? Sod all. A bunch of it gets swallowed up by the debt, FFP obligations, agent fees, what have you. Most of the academy lads are nowhere near our highest earners either. We then get left with stuff all to find an adequate replacement with, whilst having a setup far from proven in recruiting effectively.

Personally I'm only interested in what values players have to us, I'm not interested in what they're worth in the market unless that's even higher somehow.

If we sold any of the players we are talking about for sub 5 million I'll be fuming. If we sell them for less than 8 I'd still not be a fan of it. And the likes of Arma or Dack I want a lot more still. I don't care what other clubs want to pay.

And yes I'm aware it isn't in my hands and may not be in TM's either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jlee1984 said:

Some stupid prices put on our players heads in this thread, we have some really good assets, Armstrong alone would be valued between 8-12 million alone, Sheffield utd wanted Lenihan and were quoted around 8 million, They went away in the end but that's what our players are valued at, if we are restricted to loans and frees then so be it if it stops us getting out pants pulled down and sell for cheap again!

Correct...some silly prices........Armstrong 8-12 million.......is this the same Armstrong who last season people on here were saying we need to get shut off because he ain't good enough for the Championship. He has had a decent season, he needs to repeat it next season to be considered in 10 million bracket. Maybe if he learnt the offside rule and Brereton is worth 7 mill then possibly Armstrong is worth the figures you quote.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Also though, what someone is worth to the market, and what they are worth to us, are two very different things too. I feel the club need to be more ambitious with player sales, like many other clubs are. What does selling any of our assets for these fees accomplish? Sod all. A bunch of it gets swallowed up by the debt, FFP obligations, agent fees, what have you. Most of the academy lads are nowhere near our highest earners either. We then get left with stuff all to find an adequate replacement with, whilst having a setup far from proven in recruiting effectively.

Personally I'm only interested in what values players have to us, I'm not interested in what they're worth in the market unless that's even higher somehow.

If we sold any of the players we are talking about for sub 5 million I'll be fuming. If we sell them for less than 8 I'd still not be a fan of it. And the likes of Arma or Dack I want a lot more still. I don't care what other clubs want to pay.

And yes I'm aware it isn't in my hands and may not be in TM's either.

Ya, you're right. I wouldn't sell any of the 5 main players we were discussing barring we received an offer we literally couldn't refuse, which I don't think we will. If we do accept anything less (or even crazy money) there is no guarantee it will be re-invested or even re-invested well. Every new signing comes with a risk. I would just let those out of contract leave(except Downing) , bring up some of the youths and add 2-3 quality defensive players.

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Correct...some silly prices........Armstrong 8-12 million.......is this the same Armstrong who last season people on here were saying we need to get shut off because he ain't good enough for the Championship. He has had a decent season, he needs to repeat it next season to be considered in 10 million bracket. Maybe if he learnt the offside rule and Brereton is worth 7 mill then possibly Armstrong is worth the figures you quote.

Strikers are valued on goals/assists, He's done enough to be considered as one of top championship strikers, when you look at deals for the likes of Madine, Adams, i put him between those lines and value him at 8-12

53 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Huh???

I reckon it is more of a twitter bot account myself than Mowbray trying to sell a player he starts whenever he is fit.

what I am saying is that by playing poor clubs will try for your players, once negotiations start anything can happen, 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Needs to improve his attacking side. Chaddy keeps mentioning Palace, theyve just signed Ferguson from WBA so thats a non starter.

Yes Nyambe massively needs to improve the attacking side of his game. 

Yes they have but pull out of the deal in January due to injury concerns. so I would what has change

58 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Mowbray's waiting to hear his budget.

supposedly this week he finds out

5 minutes ago, Jlee1984 said:

what I am saying is that by playing poor clubs will try for your players, once negotiations start anything can happen, 

Have to agree with this agents acting on behalf of the club/player/themselves will go to any lengths to start balls rolling.

Remember Nixon constantly peddling the Rhodes to Bolton/Wigan line claiming Rovers couldn't pay the last installment and wanted his wages gone asap ?  Outright bullshit.

It's really odd that even a bot or 12 year old Coventry fan would dream up the Travis thing. He certainly won't be going there but like Rhodes a good Championship side might have his card marked and the water is being tested.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

On 16/07/2020 at 12:23, Amo said:

It's not THAT bad. He did win the Championship with Sunderland.

There's a host of reasons Keane wouldn't come here but it would be fun to see the culture shock it would bring to the training ground.

Sorry, this is the first time in AGES that I've felt strong enough to catch up with this Board. 

I just wanted to add I'm sure we'd all like to be flies on the wall in Pune for the first meeting between Keano and our owners!

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We live in a world where Joao Felix went for something like £126 million off the back of one good season in Portugal. Different ends of the spectrum yes but accrued time at a certain level doesn't really translate to worth. It is all about potential. £8million is small change these days. There are often bargains to be had. A £4.5million bargain doesn't detract from another players value.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

We live in a world where Joao Felix went for something like £126 million off the back of one good season in Portugal. Different ends of the spectrum yes but accrued time at a certain level doesn't really translate to worth. It is all about potential. £8million is small change these days. There are often bargains to be had. A £4.5million bargain doesn't detract from another players value.

No, not comparable to Joao Felix. Have a look at the individual awards he won under age before that season. He was an absolute prodigy. 

I don't think anyone is giving us £8 million for Lenihan this summer, but I hope I am wrong and you are right! 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

The pandemic should mean its harder to get inflated prices for the likes of Lenihan. Who’s paying £8million in this market?

But who knows. Football is a law in unto itself, so transfers may just carry on as normal (though if it does then the sport deserves to collapse).

Edited by Mattyblue

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

The pandemic should mean its harder to get inflated prices for the likes of Lenihan. Who’s paying £8million in this market?

But who knows. Football is a law in unto itself, so transfers may just carry on as normal (though if it does then the sport deserves to collapse).

Hanley & Duffy went for around 4 million a piece having clocked up quite a few Championship and International games. I know it was a few years back but considering the pandemic i don't see Lenihen being worth double at the min.

He's still in the 4-6 mill bracket i reckon Rovers would cash in at that price.

25 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

Isn't that karlan grant at Huddersfield being quoted as 15 million? So I'd say 12 million for Armstrong would be the middle point of his value probably more because he can play a few positions. 5 million max for our players is daft. 

5 hours ago, Scotland1 said:

We just need shut of Mowbray 

And now that the Crowley brothers have left Huddersfield Town's employ, maybe just maybe they'd be the management pair, young enough and successful enough through the tiers of English football - including Huddersfield - to impress the people in Pune? ?

Perhaps the bigger question might be would the Crowleys be sufficiently impressed by the people in Pune? ?

35 minutes ago, pick32 said:

I see Wigan just sold Moore for a knock down price in a bid to raise funds, someone will get a bargain for Antoine Robinson.

That lad they’ve got on loan from Everton Kieran Dowell looks a real player, not that we need anymore attacking midfielders to be fair. They must have a left back or a winger we could grab off them though who’s better than Bell/Williams and seen as we don’t really have many out and out wingers then anyone will do for that spot?

If you want to grab a bargain then taking advantage of the situation at Wigan or even Charlton would be a decent place to start, but to do that we would need to be quick out of the blocks and decisive.

Mowbray will be lucky to have an answer from Indian before next season starts in September.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tom Stinny said:

Isn't that karlan grant at Huddersfield being quoted as 15 million? So I'd say 12 million for Armstrong would be the middle point of his value probably more because he can play a few positions. 5 million max for our players is daft. 

Quoting a fee and actually getting the fee are two entirely separate issues.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

For a downwards move like that I'd fully expect him to turn it down. If a Prem side came in for him then it's another story...

I know , what you are saying but Coventry are in the same Division as us and if they stump up £3 - £4 mill they will sell....

He won't be a top earner at Rovers either ....

49 minutes ago, JHRover said:

If you want to grab a bargain then taking advantage of the situation at Wigan or even Charlton would be a decent place to start, but to do that we would need to be quick out of the blocks and decisive.

Mowbray will be lucky to have an answer from Indian before next season starts in September.

Correct - but there will be people coming on here to blame Mowbray for that.

11 hours ago, JHRover said:

What the fans want or what the player wants are immaterial at this club.

I agree that for what Travis is worth none but a select few Championship clubs should be able to afford him. I'm not going to give it credence by discussing what appears to be a baseless story.

General point remains - nothing is off the table with these owners. Let's suppose Waggott needs the cash for July pay day. The phone to India is dead. Venkys are silent. Not beyond the realms of possibility that in desperation Waggott would accept a cheeky bid of a couple of million from somewhere to keep things ticking over for a month.

Should it be possible? No

With Venkys it is.

This doesn’t fit with the narrative that Mowbray has all the time in the world to achieve promotion.

It can’t be both either Mowbray should have been replaced during one of our dreadful runs that cost promotion or we are able to bat on for a good while yet.

Either that or Tony Mowbray is more important than Blackburn Rovers.