BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

It's the reality, mate.

No mate it's cherry picking but leaving out the full details.

Lambert would be a better example, he was promised but it didn't materialize so he asked why, was ,met with silence so said ok i'm out of here. All very amicable by the sounds of it.

6 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

You've never had to manage upwards because of an incompetent boss? You dont have to be confrontational but theres ways he could put pressure on and nag them to give an answer. 

And you really Venkys are going be happy with you nagging them. They have said to Mowbray he will get his budget after the season ends. 

56 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

The owners paint the landscape - the manager - whoever it is - just has to add the finishing touches.

Now that's not true at Ewood is it and you know it.  Down there the manager - whoever it is - virtually runs the show and reports to them.  Therefore it's 100% his job to chase up his budget asap.

The fact the managers always have the same representation enforces the issue as they clearly have the owners ear.

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

And you really Venkys are going be happy with you nagging them. They have said to Mowbray he will get his budget after the season ends. 

And it's his job to tell them that after the seasons ended isnt good enough and is restricting the club. I've, constructively, told my bosses when things arent working and how we could do things better, it's not an abnormal occurrence in a well run workplace. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I dont think that Mowbray necessarily can do anything about the ridiculous ways in which Venkys neglectfully ignore their supposed precious club. But the fact that you call it "nagging" of a manager asking the owners of the budget within a reasonable time frame is scandulous.

As we know, our manager has to suck up to the owners to keep his job which im sure Mowbray will do and understandbly so. Thats not even a criticism of him. 

If Mourinho had to wait weeks and weeks whilst Levy continued to ignore his club and usually would insist on the manager travelling to India beforehand then I suspect that things may be different.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Traviscon said:

So you basically give them the potential pro's. 

"Look Madame, if we organise the budget before the season ends, we could get a march on our rivals. There's the potential for us to get some good players at lower prices that could really push us on." 

That's not nagging, that's explaining the landscape and business benefits of quick decision making. 

But if they don't pick up the phone................. ?

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

But if they don't pick up the phone................. ?

So what is Suhail doing in the middle of all this as the club/ Venkys go between??? 
has he lost the ability to pick up the phone bearing in mind he supposedly ran the gig here on Venkys behalf ?? 
we all know the answers to the questions we are raising tbh - complete indifference towards the minor irritant that is BRFC in Venkys world. 

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm not being funny Chaddy but where have Venkys or anyone said that Mowbray will get his budget after the season ends? 

All I've seen is an assumption that it will happen because it needs to and because Mowbray will be having appraisals with players including those out of contract. The assumption therefore is that Mowbray needs to be able to go into those appraisals knowing if he is able and willing to offer those players new terms.

I think it is just as likely that in the absence of answers from India that Mowbray will simply tell those out of contract that he is unable to offer any of them new terms and as such they are free to look elsewhere. The lower cost ones who will struggle to get deals may hang around at Brockhall and train using our facilities eg. Ben Gladwin in the hope of landing a contract when India finally provides answers or if not a sale or two frees up the cash to offer it without needing Venky approval.

Mowbray has already seen off Tosin. I suspect to save a few weeks on his wage and has said that Walton is off. I suspect that is because he cannot discuss a new deal with Brighton without his budget rather than not wanting him back.

If I've missed the announcement that Mowbray gets his budget after tomorrow's game then I apologise and feel slightly better about things if true.

59 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No manager is going to do that to any owner. To think otherwise is quite honestly crazy talk

Businesses full of 'yes men' fail. You're embarrassing yourself here tbh, you don't have a clue how good business operates and it is really showing.

• Like 3

• Backroom

Wonder if we’ll get contract (or lack of) news tomorrow, suppose it’s not like there’s any fans for the likes of DG to say bye to anyway 

I can’t get my head around a group of people who have owned a football club for 10 years, that don't see the importance of planning ahead with a transfer budget, allowing the manager to chase targets and get transfers done as early as possible. It doesn't add up, they run a huge business, planning and strategies for the future must be part of their daily life. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

I'm not being funny Chaddy but where have Venkys or anyone said that Mowbray will get his budget after the season ends? 

All I've seen is an assumption that it will happen because it needs to and because Mowbray will be having appraisals with players including those out of contract. The assumption therefore is that Mowbray needs to be able to go into those appraisals knowing if he is able and willing to offer those players new terms.

I think it is just as likely that in the absence of answers from India that Mowbray will simply tell those out of contract that he is unable to offer any of them new terms and as such they are free to look elsewhere. The lower cost ones who will struggle to get deals may hang around at Brockhall and train using our facilities eg. Ben Gladwin in the hope of landing a contract when India finally provides answers or if not a sale or two frees up the cash to offer it without needing Venky approval.

Mowbray has already seen off Tosin. I suspect to save a few weeks on his wage and has said that Walton is off. I suspect that is because he cannot discuss a new deal with Brighton without his budget rather than not wanting him back.

If I've missed the announcement that Mowbray gets his budget after tomorrow's game then I apologise and feel slightly better about things if true.

Apparently the non playing staff at the Club who have been furloughed had their wages topped up to 100% by Venky's in the months up to now which in my view was very generous of them.

However at the end of July they will only be getting the 80% from the Government, so, taken in conjunction with the allegation that there is no information forthcoming about budgets for next season I'm not sure if that's something that should be raising red flags slightly.

14 hours ago, pick32 said:

I see Wigan just sold Moore for a knock down price in a bid to raise funds, someone will get a bargain for Antoine Robinson.

If wigan go down Robinson has a release clause of £1.5million. Which is incredibly cheap considering he nearly went to AC Milan for £10 mil

• Like 4

9 hours ago, TBTF said:

So what is Suhail doing in the middle of all this as the club/ Venkys go between??? 
has he lost the ability to pick up the phone bearing in mind he supposedly ran the gig here on Venkys behalf ?? 
we all know the answers to the questions we are raising tbh - complete indifference towards the minor irritant that is BRFC in Venkys world. 

Collecting his pay and keeping his mates and former mates in the loop.

Who does he actually represent ?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, davulsukur said:

I can’t get my head around a group of people who have owned a football club for 10 years, that don't see the importance of planning ahead with a transfer budget, allowing the manager to chase targets and get transfers done as early as possible. It doesn't add up, they run a huge business, planning and strategies for the future must be part of their daily life

Yep, and they haven't exactly ran the business their father handed them into the ground either. In fact it has grown, and continues to grow, and they continue to exert influence all over the world with offices from Switzerland to South Africa. From nutrition drinks to genetically modified chickens they oversee the whole lot with an assumed competence, otherwise why would the business be so big?

Maybe it is a very slight touch of a superiority complex with some fans that they try and dismiss the foreign owners as incompetent. The truth is they are far from it - they are ruthless business people and once the unseen benefit of owning Rovers fades away they will drop us without remorse. 

I think the Venkys are very calculated people, who have managed to drive a huge wedge between the fan base and club, and continue to operate in ways that absolves them from any accountability.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

That's your opinion. You need to understand the way your bosses work and adapt to their way. 

You think Mourinho walk in to Levy demanding his budget, Cos I bet you he doesn't mess with Levy. 

I bet you he wouldn't give a f*** to be honest. The man has no fear of the sack. And he doesn't care who he upsets in order to deflect attention from his own failings. 

• Like 1

Pay the bills and do what we want has always been their mantra and i agree the moment they can't or don't want to anymore we'll be dropped like a stone.  Or worse just left to rot, drop down the leagues as a low cost outfit but still with their name over the door.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Apparently the non playing staff at the Club who have been furloughed had their wages topped up to 100% by Venky's in the months up to now which in my view was very generous of them.

However at the end of July they will only be getting the 80% from the Government, so, taken in conjunction with the allegation that there is no information forthcoming about budgets for next season I'm not sure if that's something that should be raising red flags slightly.

Now that is a very big worry.

Venkys have turned the taps off it would seem.

8 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

A huge, huge worry.

To put it into perspective, I would think you are talking about a monthly cost in the £40k to £60k range.  In the scheme of things, for a football club with a staff cost bill of say £23million (as per last accounts) per year, IMO, it's chicken sh1t.

Think your red flags need to be raised a lot, lot more!

• Like 2