BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

8 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Apparently the non playing staff at the Club who have been furloughed had their wages topped up to 100% by Venky's in the months up to now which in my view was very generous of them.

However at the end of July they will only be getting the 80% from the Government, so, taken in conjunction with the allegation that there is no information forthcoming about budgets for next season I'm not sure if that's something that should be raising red flags slightly.

August it drops to 80 percent unless they’re back part time.

80 percent august then 60 September then zero contributions from government for October. 

That said there is a part time rule where 40 percent for two days can be met by the employer I think. 

34 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

August it drops to 80 percent unless they’re back part time.

80 percent august then 60 September then zero contributions from government for October. 

That said there is a part time rule where 40 percent for two days can be met by the employer I think. 

Yes but Blackburn were topping wages up to 100% and now that's stopped is what the post said...

22 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Yes but Blackburn were topping wages up to 100% and now that's stopped is what the post said...

Yes thank you but what I’m implying is that possibly they’ll be coming back part time up to two days I think your allowed I.e 40pc. Maybe that’s why they’ve stopped the top up as they’ll expect them back in one day a week etc?

i could be completely wrong like.

12 hours ago, JHRover said:

I'm not being funny Chaddy but where have Venkys or anyone said that Mowbray will get his budget after the season ends? 

All I've seen is an assumption that it will happen because it needs to and because Mowbray will be having appraisals with players including those out of contract. The assumption therefore is that Mowbray needs to be able to go into those appraisals knowing if he is able and willing to offer those players new terms.

I think it is just as likely that in the absence of answers from India that Mowbray will simply tell those out of contract that he is unable to offer any of them new terms and as such they are free to look elsewhere. The lower cost ones who will struggle to get deals may hang around at Brockhall and train using our facilities eg. Ben Gladwin in the hope of landing a contract when India finally provides answers or if not a sale or two frees up the cash to offer it without needing Venky approval.

Mowbray has already seen off Tosin. I suspect to save a few weeks on his wage and has said that Walton is off. I suspect that is because he cannot discuss a new deal with Brighton without his budget rather than not wanting him back.

If I've missed the announcement that Mowbray gets his budget after tomorrow's game then I apologise and feel slightly better about things if true.

Its just assumption since he is meeting the players on Thursday and Friday and Mowbray's comments that he will find out his budget after the season finishing. So if he going to meet the players and talk about their future you would hope that he does have his budget in place. 

Well it like Smallwood as gone judging by Ollie Waite who is one of first team physio at Rovers. 

10 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Apparently the non playing staff at the Club who have been furloughed had their wages topped up to 100% by Venky's in the months up to now which in my view was very generous of them.

However at the end of July they will only be getting the 80% from the Government, so, taken in conjunction with the allegation that there is no information forthcoming about budgets for next season I'm not sure if that's something that should be raising red flags slightly.

They are only getting 80% of wages paid by the government right now as I am someone who is still on furlough currently. In August, companies will be asked to make a contribute towards the cost of your wages until end of October

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its just assumption since he is meeting the players on Thursday and Friday and Mowbray's comments that he will find out his budget after the season finishing. So if he going to meet the players and talk about their future you would hope that he does have his budget in place. 

Well it like Smallwood as gone judging by Ollie Waite who is one of first team physio at Rovers. 

They are only getting 80% of wages paid by the government right now as I am someone who is still on furlough currently. In August, companies will be asked to make a contribute towards the cost of your wages until end of October

Yes I thought so. I don't expect Mowbray will have his budget in time for the meetings with players. I've also seen on Instagram that one or two players have holidays booked for the end of the week which suggests they will be off straight after tonight's game.

In terms of those out of contact I'm not going to lose sleep if they depart but expect Mowbray to basically say:

"Sorry lads I can't offer you a deal at the moment, maybe I will in a few weeks but if not you're welcome to come to Brockhall and train until you get a deal elsewhere" is pretty much what I expect. Then Mowbray will offer them new deals if India approves or if we free up some cash to allow it.

Just now, JHRover said:

Yes I thought so. I don't expect Mowbray will have his budget in time for the meetings with players. I've also seen on Instagram that one or two players have holidays booked for the end of the week which suggests they will be off straight after tonight's game.

In terms of those out of contact I'm not going to lose sleep if they depart but expect Mowbray to basically say:

"Sorry lads I can't offer you a deal at the moment, maybe I will in a few weeks but if not you're welcome to come to Brockhall and train until you get a deal elsewhere" is pretty much what I expect. Then Mowbray will offer them new deals if India approves or if we free up some cash to allow it.

I'm not sure we should be offering any player out of contract after today game a new contract from perhaps Downing

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I'm not sure we should be offering any player out of contract after today game a new contract from perhaps Downing

Probably not, but just imagine if our best players were out of contract. Nyambe will need a new deal for starters.

Just now, TruRover said:

Just seen that Norwich have signed a polish winger named Przemyslaw Placheta - that’s not the one who we were linked with in January was it? If not does anyone know if we still have an interest in him? 

If he isn’t a keeper or left back, hopefully, no.

2 minutes ago, TruRover said:

Just seen that Norwich have signed a polish winger named Przemyslaw Placheta - that’s not the one who we were linked with in January was it? If not does anyone know if we still have an interest in him? 

It was this guy :

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/likelihood-kamil-jozwiak-joining-blackburn-17611266

Because if reqruitment is right it could benefit us massively, no one wants to see the best players , but when your in our position we have no choice, we have not sold many players last few years, where is the money going to come from?

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why are you so obsess with selling our best player? 

Just now, Jlee1984 said:

Because if recruitment is right it could benefit us massively, no one wants to see the best players , but when your in our position we have no choice, we have not sold many players last few years, where is the money going to come from?

I wouldn't be selling Armstrong, Travis and Lenihan at all. 

We need to look for sensible signings that will take us forward. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TruRover said:

While I agree those positions are a priority, along with a centre back, I think we are in desperate need for natural wingers with pace

We scored 64 goals with a misfiring forward line. Our problem lies with the 60 goals we have let in.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, TruRover said:

While I agree those positions are a priority, along with a centre back, I think we are in desperate need for natural wingers with pace

But Tony doesn't like wingers prefers a converted striker!

12 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

From August, the club has to start paying the employees income tax, NI and pension contributions which were covered under the furlough scheme up until now.

Therefore most of the 20% extra which the club have been paying to the employees will now be paid in tax, NI and pensions. The club aren't saving much money, they just don't want to pay out more from August than they were paying out in July. 

Not saying that's not worrying btw.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1