BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

it'ssuch a important topic but there will be to much crap and noise till the beginning of next season...

i would love to talk and talk ( write and write to be honest) about this but i will try to put my important ideas...

first we'll have to let out many players that doesen't have a place here if we want to really improve our team, we got a good bunch of players that were very important and im thankfull but they shouldn't stay cause dosent have a place on a top 6 team ( Bennett, Williams, Smallwood, Mullgrew) 

some lads that has talent but we need money and they won't be the diference (Rothwell, Chapman) 

and all of them could leave well enougj payed i guess...

now with that money i would bring2 or 3 very good players... we need a CB woth talent enoughmaybe top of league...

i would bring a star of league one or even league two as LB and also as striker ( just in case samy and ben still like this season)

and finally i would bring a first level goaly I'm talking about a experienced enough player with gpod age and quality enough to have at least around 12 clean sheet like walton did...

#IRTID 

#TheMexicanRover 

If we were to seriously challenge for promotion I'd say we need a top quality keeper, CB, LB, creative midfielder, pacy wide man and probably a consistent goalscorer.

That's at least six quality players. I wouldn't trust TM to bring one in. Such new additions as there are will probably follow the previous formula of either being past it and looking for one last pay day or youngsters who can optimistically be described as "ones for the future" thereby not upsetting or dislodging the core group.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If we were to seriously challenge for promotion I'd say we need a top quality keeper, CB, LB, creative midfielder, pacy wide man and probably a consistent goalscorer.

That's at least six quality players. I wouldn't trust TM to bring one in. Such new additions as there are will probably follow the previous formula of either being past it and looking for one last pay day or youngsters who can optimistically be described as "ones for the future" thereby not upsetting or dislodging the core group.

It's a bit more than slow build and evolution!

IMO, lays bare just how much Mowbray has mismanaged the transfer windows.

31 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It's back!!

Less than 24 hours after our season ends the infamous "pacy *position" buzzphrase is back.

Love this thread.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

We need defenders and keepers this summer - 2 x GK, 2 x LB, 1 x RB, 1 x CB at the absolute minimum. 

We'll probably get strikers who can't play on the wing. 

At an absolute minimum, I would settle for a keeper who can organise the defence in front of him. We could and may have to, work with what we have got for the rest.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-mowbray-budget-transfers-18646217

Utterly depressing. Venkys still havent bothered to give him any indication. But lets be thankful to them eh. They dont give a shit.

He also batted off talk about budgets by deflecting onto those academy players that were on the pitch. Carter certainly isnt the answer, a million miles from being ready. Ive not been overly convinced by Rankin Costello as much as most and who certainly cant play in defence. Buckley? Ineffective and too weak at this moment.

So seemingly its the money blown on strikers in years gone by whilst the defence was neglected that may also cost us. He hasnt fixed the defence and sold our keeper to buy a striker.

At least we took 4 points off Brentford and "should have been 3 up v Leeds." Clutching at straws. We were quite a bit away and if he genuinely thinks that we arent far away, hes a little deluded.

• Like 6

We have a potentially pacy wide man on the books and have for some time but he and the manager who signed him don't appear to like each other anymore.

Root of the matter in reality is TM prefers one of 3 wide strikers there instead and a team who goes sideways rather than forwards.

• Like 1

FFP limits spending over a period of time and Tony went ‘big’ with the Gallagher and Brereton gambles. We can not afford to make the number of signings being mentioned in a lot of posts in this thread, unless we sell our players for profit.

A very underwhelming summer is ahead of anything thinking we are making numerous cash buys. 

Just now, JacknOry said:

Played about 18 games in 3/4 years

Looked decent enough for Wigan I’d take him for free on a years a deal no problem. Let’s remember we need defenders and depth, We need a back up. Balogun type and a Tosin replacement 

1 hour ago, rigger said:

At an absolute minimum, I would settle for a keeper who can organise the defence in front of him. We could and may have to, work with what we have got for the rest.

Such an important part of all teams and such a neglected position under the loons reign of terror they identified it as a penny pinching position when Robinson was still in situ.

Instead of looking around for an able body to upgrade on him because he was losing it they went down the cheapo hope to grow into something to sell route like many other positions.  More bad advice from people with vested interests no doubt.  How the hell can you get consistency in the back line when the main man changes every season ?

Get in a decent keeper of get gone.

• Like 2

Just now, Scotland1 said:

Looked decent enough for Wigan I’d take him for free on a years a deal no problem. Let’s remember we need defenders and depth, We need a back up. Balogun type and a Tosin replacement 

Even for Wigan he has only played 9 times. Not sure if it is due to injuries or not being deemed good enough but either way there must be better, even on a free. 

48 minutes ago, J*B said:

FFP limits spending over a period of time and Tony went ‘big’ with the Gallagher and Brereton gambles. We can not afford to make the number of signings being mentioned in a lot of posts in this thread, unless we sell our players for profit.

A very underwhelming summer is ahead of anything thinking we are making numerous cash buys. 

Is ffp not being suspended for a year?

1 hour ago, Beanie01289 said:

Loans next season are going to be a problem with teams allowed 5 subs

That’s a really good point. Having said that I think there could be some gems available on frees. I expect a lot of players who have made up bloated squads to be off, but players with a future to stick around.

For a team like ours quality of signings is important to an extent but what’s more important for us is a quality system and set up on the pitch. You can sign whoever you like but ultimately if you can’t organise a defence or have a consistent system that does the job it won’t get you anywhere despite who you sign. 

It isn’t easy but there are plenty of good players out there to be found for this level of football for a low price. But until we find an identity as opposed to the confused inconsistent game we play right now it will get us no where. Individual players won’t do shit for us but a strong tactical system will. Tony Mowbray has had his moments good and bad but he’s not shown the tactical nous you need to progress on a consistent basis. So either he needs to stamp his authority and find a system that works or we need someone else that can. Until we do, whoever we sign will just be another body to fill a gap whilst we as a club meander. 

It's how he can say that players available on free transfer either "aren't good enough for the PL, which is where we want to be (lol), or not wanted by clubs in our divison" 

Yet he says that "Downing, Graham etc are wanted by us - despite having expired contracts, yet we haven't been promised our budget" and are two of the highest earners, so we cannot offer terms yet...

Ever thought a shit ton of these free transfer players may also be free due to wanting to go to better (Bauer, Hoilett, McLaughlin), club have been relegated (Aribo, Ajayi, Olsson), players are too high earners for that team (Downing,), or are at PL clubs and want a chance to prove themselves by dropping down (Darlow).

... but loaning 17-20 year old Premier League players from a "Cat B/C Academy" proves they are amazing because they are employed by "X Premiership Team"

Fuck of Tony 

Edited by Angry_Pirate