BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

4 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Nobody told Rich Sharpe

There's a promotion clause... but no sell on fee. Promotion clauses could reach £2m, but been categorically told that there's no sell on or percentage of profit sell on etc...

Well he seems to have been regular at Preston when fit and they've finished above us just and he'd probably be able to command a fee now. He'll be there again next season knowing his job and who's around him and behind him meanwhile we've had a quality ball player end up in that position but i doubt he's any better defensively. Plus that's another million quid onto the debt with no return and it's all change again next season.

Probably back to Williams or even Mulgrew again so that's the difference really that Preston model seems more the build that Mowbray keeps spinning to everyone. Yet it just looks like he just plugs holes however he can and chucks money at players who certain people push forwards in a grab em whilst you can type plan.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 5

Just now, JoeH said:

There's a promotion clause... but no sell on fee. Promotion clauses could reach £2m, but been categorically told that there's no sell on or percentage of profit sell on etc...

"Raya’s form has seemingly not gone unnoticed, with Arsenal and Manchester City reportedly monitoring his progress, with a £10m price-tag mooted, of which Rovers would be due a slice should any interest be firmed up"

Who do you know who knows more than Sharpe?

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

Oh FFS yet another monumental bollock dropped by the inhouse incompetents. I hope blood vessels are popping in the farmhouse in Pune.

4 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Ok but I was talking about what Rich Sharpe said. Which is that we profit if he is sold. I've already said in another post how both could be true though.

1 minute ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Reporter at the other paper. Idk what Sharpe is on about. Only relaying what I've been told. Promotion clause of up to two million but nothing known about sell on clauses exitsing. 

2 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

"Raya’s form has seemingly not gone unnoticed, with Arsenal and Manchester City reportedly monitoring his progress, with a £10m price-tag mooted, of which Rovers would be due a slice should any interest be firmed up"

Thats bullshit frankly. His footwork is his worst attribute. Fake news completely. 

• Backroom
Just now, JoeH said:

Reporter at the other paper. Idk what Sharpe is on about. Only relaying what I've been told. Promotion clause of up to two million but nothing known about sell on clauses exitsing. 

That's different from them actually not existing.

Could such a thing as 'Plays in the PL' clause exist? Would account for promotion OR being sold to a PL club?

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

It's not a Strictly audition.? And what is bullshit?

The fact that Pep and probably Arteta won't look at keepers who couldnt play with their feet. Raya definitely cannot play with his feet...and under pressure he withers. And he's very small

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 2

Just now, JoeH said:

Lancs Live. Chill out.

Eh? You've stated you had more info than Sharpe so just I was just asking where you got it from? No need to get tetchy.

I'm guessing you mean Jaqob Crooke (I may have spelt that wrong) I'm guessing he doesn't know anymore than Sharpe, and probably a lot less.

So chill out with the 'categorical' statements that aren't necessarily true?

5 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Goalposts, uprooted and swiftly moved... tut tut.

Here's a thought Tony... let's not sell off our "star" younger players for peanuts again this summer, instead let's not keep giving long term contracts and extentions to L1 and past it players. 

Smallwood, Hart, Leutwiler and Samuel combined probably cost £1-1.5m in wages this past season... basically half of what we sold Raya for went to pay them 4 last year. Let that sink in.

Mulgrew and his £20k a week will cost that much next season on his own, Evans, Johnson, Bennett and Downing* will cost around £3-4m next year in wages.

But instead, lets sell Nyambe or Travis to cover those 5 players wages for a year. 

• Like 6

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Eh? You've stated you had more info than Sharpe so just I was just asking where you got it from? No need to get tetchy.

I'm guessing you mean Jaqob Crooke (I may have spelt that wrong) I'm guessing he doesn't know anymore than Sharpe, and probably a lot less.

So chill out with the 'categorical' statements that aren't necessarily true?

Two reporters, one meeting, two different reports. Not my fault, nor my fucking problem. Reporting to this board what I've been told, if you have a problem with that then that's your own issue.

I didn't make anything categorical, I didn't claim to know more than Rich Sharpe (I didn't bring him up!!) and I certainly don't have time for people like you who seem to want to pick argument over silly things.

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Goalposts, uprooted and swiftly moved... tut tut.

Not at all. I was told one thing by one person who attended a meeting. Another reporter is saying another thing who attended the same meeting. I can't say any more or less than what I was told, but I think next time I'll just keep it to myself. Crikey. 

Just now, JoeH said:

Two reporters, one meeting, two different reports. Not my fault, nor my fucking problem. Reporting to this board what I've been told, if you have a problem with that then that's your own issue.

I didn't make anything categorical, I didn't claim to know more than Rich Sharpe (I didn't bring him up!!) and I certainly don't have time for people like you who seem to want to pick argument over silly things.

Chill Out. Who said you knew more than Sharpe? You need to read posts calmly before you angrily react to them. 

You were asked a reasonable question about where you got your info. That was all. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

Seems to me that there is a journalist and/or agent somewhere trying to big up a fee by lazily creating a link to his Spanish nationality. Raya, Arteta, Guardiola.

He’ll probably end up at Huddersfield. :rolleyes: 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Here's a thought Tony... let's not sell off our "star" younger players for peanuts again this summer, instead let's not keep giving long term contracts and extentions to L1 and past it players. 

Smallwood, Hart, Leutwiler and Samuel combined probably cost £1-1.5m in wages this past season... basically half of what we sold Raya for went to pay them 4 last year. Let that sink in.

Mulgrew and his £20k a week will cost that much next season on his own, Evans, Johnson, Bennett and Downing* will cost around £3-4m next year in wages.

But instead, lets sell Nyambe or Travis to cover those 5 players wages for a year. 

Second point there is something that was highlighted before even a ball was kicked last season. Carrying deadwood who may or may not play a part but who you categorically know aren't good enough to be part of a top 6 drive is all wrong.  Then we are a few quid short on wages for a decent keeper or center half on frees or whatever.

Meanwhile everyone is happy around the place because all their mates are there. Surely you don't need that kind of pandering just to have a good team spirit ?

• Like 5