BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Just now, philipl said:

I would not give Mowbray any transfer budget beyond  £2m or £3m to replace Raya with.

The Cat A Academy is producing talent and when fit we have good cover in every position.

Good cover at CB or up front? Who?

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

Those of limited means have to make their limited resources go far to get out of this league.

It is no coincidence that those with multiple promotions from this division all have reputations for football that is simple, but effective football, that won't win awards for attractiveness but works consistently.

Bruce, Allardyce, Hughton, McCarthy, Warnock, Dyche. Those managers work with what they have and build from the back. Not sexy, but they get the job done more often than not.

Mowbray is a dreamer. Always has been. Remember his WBA on their way to finishing bottom winning plaudits for 'nice' football and him being unwilling or unable to change it to give them a chance of survival.

Plenty of nice ideas and intentions. But this isn't Barcelona and unless the owners make vast sums of money available we aren't going to be able to get the players together to play our way up. By the time we do our prized assets will be picked off and it starts again.

Sort the defence out, get fitter, learn how to go direct and be a threat from set pieces and forget airy fairy possession statistics which are utterly meaningless.

I feel like that's why he benched Graham this season. He hated how effective he was because it lead to a more agricultural style of football. 

• Like 1

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

I feel like that's why he benched Graham this season. He hated how effective he was because it lead to a more agricultural style of football. 

Mowbrays football and this possession Nonsense is eye poking, its turgid. Crap and boring you name it. It’s not like Barnsley’s Stuber football which is actually decent from far lesser players. Mowbrays is as pointless as Paul Inces triangles it’s so slow it’s like watching my way to death. 

• Like 5

Just now, Scotland1 said:

Mowbrays football and this possession Nonsense is eye poking, its turgid. Crap and boring you name it. It’s not like Barnsley’s Stuber football which is actually decent from far lesser players. Mowbrays is as pointless as Paul Inces triangles it’s so slow it’s like watching my way to death. 

our possession style of football goes sideways,back and does`nt create any chances,i agree it`s fecking boring

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

our possession style of football goes sideways,back and does`nt create any chances,i agree it`s fecking boring

It’s only ever high stats against a select few teams too. More often than not most teams out possession us. This crap style of play is why we average less than 4 shots on target a game recently. If we can’t hit the target we won’t score.

48D88448-6BC9-436A-BD25-9C5EDB74F37E.jpeg

Edited by Scotland1

2 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Bradley Johnson 5 years ago (Norwich) was probably the best CM in the whole of the Championship. £2m would be worth every penny for that player.

Certainly the most impressive single game performance (I've seen in this division) ironically came from him at Ewood in 2015 when I think he scored a bit of a worldie in a 2-1 win for them back in the Bowyer days.

**For the record, the best ever (visiting) Ewood performance will be either Vieira or Henry.**

Completely agree about Johnson of old. 
the only player I really remember seeing and thinking he stood out a mile I.e single handed performance that ruined us was Henry at ewood and robben at Stamford bridge . There’s probably more but they are the two that always spring to mind 

36 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Those of limited means have to make their limited resources go far to get out of this league.

It is no coincidence that those with multiple promotions from this division all have reputations for football that is simple, but effective football, that won't win awards for attractiveness but works consistently.

Bruce, Allardyce, Hughton, McCarthy, Warnock, Dyche. Those managers work with what they have and build from the back. Not sexy, but they get the job done more often than not.

Mowbray is a dreamer. Always has been. Remember his WBA on their way to finishing bottom winning plaudits for 'nice' football and him being unwilling or unable to change it to give them a chance of survival.

Plenty of nice ideas and intentions. But this isn't Barcelona and unless the owners make vast sums of money available we aren't going to be able to get the players together to play our way up. By the time we do our prized assets will be picked off and it starts again.

Sort the defence out, get fitter, learn how to go direct and be a threat from set pieces and forget airy fairy possession statistics which are utterly meaningless.

I agree. Abit like that daft farker at Norwich this year ?

3 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Bradley Johnson 5 years ago (Norwich) was probably the best CM in the whole of the Championship. £2m would be worth every penny for that player.

Certainly the most impressive single game performance (I've seen in this division) ironically came from him at Ewood in 2015 when I think he scored a bit of a worldie in a 2-1 win for them back in the Bowyer days.

**For the record, the best ever (visiting) Ewood performance will be either Vieira or Henry.**

It's Henry. He's the best player I've seen at Ewood (albeit we didn't see Ronaldo in his final form).

• Like 2

On 13/07/2019 at 11:36, Scotland1 said:

Wonder what Eldin Jakupovic is up too? Leicester 3 rd choice! Thought he was decent at hull myself.

Mentioned this lad before, would be a great trialist: Heinz Lindner, plenty of Austria caps and on a free, good age of 27 and 6ft 2. 

Decent shot stopper, nicknamed the wall at Grasshoppers. Sign him up Tony!

@chaddyrovers

8 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

He is better than all our midfield and for 2m its a bargain believe me. And we have been tracking him for 18 months, big fail on Mowbray part if we don't secure him.

Bauer comes to mind......

• Like 2

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

What about any possible funds we bring in from clauses with Josh King and maybe Raya?

Will that be added to our kitty?,You heard anything about outgoings?

I said it the other day.

If King and Raya both make moves this summer, the usual comments about money being available if needed will be made. But we will rely on free's and loans again. Might be a signing here or there on minimal fees and maybe even sign a player for half a million or less. But we won't make any signings of real cost and value. The club is hemorrhaging money.

Edit: In fact I will go further and say that if we sold Dack/Travis/Lenihan/Armstrong, we would still be looking for the same framework of players. Free's, minimal fees, half million types and loans.

Edited by RovingRover
Reality check
  • Like 3

Just now, Wegerleswiggle said:

I have a funny feeling Tony might get it right this window. Think he knows it's now or never.  I reckon we'll get Whiteman, a decent experienced keeper and a couple of good defenders. 

I also think that there is a few quid there to spend. I am preparing to be pleasantly surprised. 

You will be surprised if that's what you think. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

I have a funny feeling Tony might get it right this window. Think he knows it's now or never.  I reckon we'll get Whiteman, a decent experienced keeper and a couple of good defenders. 

I also think that there is a few quid there to spend. I am preparing to be pleasantly surprised. 

Enjoying that ecstasy pill?

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

I said it the other day.

If King and Raya both make moves this summer, the usual comments about money being available if needed will be made. But we will rely on free's and loans again. Might be a signing here or there on minimal fees and maybe even sign a player for half a million or less. But we won't make any signings of real cost and value. The club is hemorrhaging money.

Edit: In fact I will go further and say that if we sold Dack/Travis/Lenihan/Armstrong, we would still be looking for the same framework of players. Free's, minimal fees, half million types and loans.

Apologies I didn't see your earlier post like you I have a newborn(march) so just skim read now usually.

The club has been hemorrhaging money for years but we are continually told our owners are Billionaires and I'd expect most clubs in the championship are hemorrhaging money also, but doesn't seem to stop other clubs with owners of similar wealth being ambitious and spending a few quid.

Some will respond that the bigger clubs have higher attendance etc but they are still paying squad players more than our star men which a healthy portion of the wage bill will be covered by their owners pocket.

I'm not doubting you, I know it will be penny's this summer and beyond but surely even more so Mowbray should be held accountable and lose his job for wasting the Brereton and Gallagher money

Edited by islander200
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

I’ll have whatever you’re drinking please. And a double. We’ll end up with a crap keeper on loan if we are lucky. And Ben Whiteman is way too much a logical signing for Tony and Rovers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Be prepared to be unpleasantly disappointed

• Like 5

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Danny Ward from Leicester would be a good shout.

Absolutely no chance of Danny Ward coming here.

He will be on a very healthy contract at Leicester,they paid 12 million for him,and not a chance Leicester would pay the majority of his wage to send him on loan to s championship club