BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

I don't know - it will be a major reason to hugely reduce the budget I think. It'll spook the finance guys massively and they will recommend minimising all spending.

I've not read what sort of percentage of the stadium they will be allowed to sell tickets for - but lets say it's 35% of seats.

We were at 44.5% on average of capacity last season. We'll be losing 9% of our capacity of ticket sales.

Forest 90.7% of capacity - lose 55.7% of capacity sold.

Bristol City - 79.8% of capacity - lose 44.8%

Derby 79.6% of capacity - lose 44.6%

And so on.

Only Wigan had a lower percentage of capacity for average attendance in the division last season.

This will spook other clubs finance guys massively more than ours. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

The only affect will be for clubs to seek to loosen FFP restrictions on allowable losses and new share capital issue.I wouldn't expect the change to impact what other clubs planned to do at all. Clubs would have been planning for no in-stadium fans.

• Moderation Lead
7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Look at how much Boro have recoup in terms of sales and spent on players. So cutbacks are happening. 

Warnock will revamp the squad. 

It’s Warnock, so he will probably try and tempt Paddy Kenny out of retirement....

• Like 3

Just now, JHRover said:

Who have they sold?

They have sold Braithwaite, Randolph and Flint for around 12 months plus released Mikel and Downing. 

They spent 3 million pounds in players in plus a number loans. 

Season before under Pulis 

They sold Traore, Gibson, Bamford, plus a few squad players for 43 millions. Spend 19 million on players like Flint, Saville, McNair players like Hugill and Besic on loan. 

so that's over 30 million pounds in profit from the last 2 season transfer activity 

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Not for me. He's done nothing for ages. I read a while ago he'd had a few injuries since leaving Rovers.

Yes, plus he's a guy who thrives on crosses. We are hardly going to be providing that with Brereton and Gallagher running up and down the wings.....

• Like 6

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

I've not read what sort of percentage of the stadium they will be allowed to sell tickets for - but lets say it's 35% of seats.

We were at 44.5% on average of capacity last season. We'll be losing 9% of our capacity of ticket sales.

Forest 90.7% of capacity - lose 55.7% of capacity sold.

Bristol City - 79.8% of capacity - lose 44.8%

Derby 79.6% of capacity - lose 44.6%

And so on.

Only Wigan had a lower percentage of capacity for average attendance in the division last season.

Man, the Venkys have really done a number on this club.

Edited by Exiled_Rover

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Not for me. He's done nothing for ages. I read a while ago he'd had a few injuries since leaving Rovers.

He's not had a good time at Middlesborough. Got himself established and then got injured; rinse and repeat. Refused to take a pay cut. Available on a free, not that we've 30k a week to pay him.and if did come back, somehow, Mowbray would play him on the wing to supply those crosses @joey_big_nose

• Like 4

Just now, arbitro said:

This is an interesting article on players currently under contract and their duration. Looking at those expiring next summer it looks like Mowbrays slow build philosophy has some time to go yet.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-player-contracts-transfers-18675251

Nyambe’s off for peanuts soon unless we can tempt him with a new contract. If I were him I’d be getting my agent to start engaging with new clubs - he’s hardly had the best treatment by TM.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

He's not had a good time at Middlesborough. Got himself established and then got injured; rinse and repeat. Refused to take a pay cut. Available on a free, not that we've 30k a week to pay him.and if did come back, somehow, Mowbray would play him on the wing to supply those crosses @joey_big_nose

He will be doing well to get 30,000 a week anywhere now. I could picture him turning up at Rangers maybe or a lower half championship team. Hard to envisage him having a productive season ever again. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

8 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Nyambe’s off for peanuts soon unless we can tempt him with a new contract. If I were him I’d be getting my agent to start engaging with new clubs - he’s hardly had the best treatment by TM.

I think it is quite obvious that the club won't even have started talking to him about a new deal.

New contracts seem to be off the agenda at the moment and Mowbray can't even get a budget.

Expect some fictitious reports of Nyambe rejecting a new improved deal to emerge during August. All to prepare fans for his sale.

• Like 3

To allow almost any player who you value to get within 12 months of an expired deal is criminal. Another reason for worry and doubt. Having 24 players all out in the same summer... that is simple mismanagement.

Naymbe, Dack* and Rankin-Costello all need deals now... fucking yesterday even.

Then you can take the likes of Rothwell, Evans, Bell, Holtby, Chapman and Williams, see if there is a market we can cash in now or decide if they are likely to be our plans, and extend them. But do one or the fucking other Tony, as all will have (some) value, and at the very least, if we ain't going to play them... save the wage at least and not spunk another £1.5m on next years versions of Smallwood, Leutwiler, Samuel and Hart again this year.

Bennett we are stuck with as long as Mowbray is here... As captian and first choice, no less.

Mulgrew we are stuck with - or paying off, and granted the rest are kids. 

Worrying.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Angry_Pirate said:

To allow almost any player who you value to get within 12 months of an expired deal is criminal. Another reason for worry and doubt. Having 24 players all out in the same summer... that is simple mismanagement.

Naymbe, Dack* and Rankin-Costello all need deals now... fucking yesterday even.

Then you can take the likes of Rothwell, Evans, Bell, Holtby, Chapman and Williams, see if there is a market we can cash in now or decide if they are likely to be our plans, and extend them. But do one or the fucking other Tony, as all will have (some) value, and at the very least, if we ain't going to play them... save the wage at least and not spunk another £1.5m on next years versions of Smallwood, Leutwiler, Samuel and Hart again this year.

Bennett we are stuck with as long as Mowbray is here... As captian and first choice, no less.

Mulgrew we are stuck with - or paying off, and granted the rest are kids. 

Worrying.

Another real worry is that any one of them can talk to other clubs from January 1st 2021. That's just over four months away.

Losing some of them for nothing (or compensation in some cases) would be up there with the stupid decisions of the last decade.

• Like 1

Looking again at the list, you’d imagine it’ll be at least one of Arma, Travis or Lenihan sold to ‘pay the bills’ ahead of next season. As I say, Nyambe won’t fetch much with a year left and nobody is taking a risk on Dack yet. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Another real worry is that any one of them can talk to other clubs from January 1st 2021. That's just over four months away.

Losing some of them for nothing (or compensation in some cases) would be up there with the stupid decisions of the last decade.

They can only talk to clubs in a different country at that time.

30 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

They can only talk to clubs in a different country at that time.

I didn't realise that. I'm sure though that feelers would be put out via agents to alert clubs of potential availability. Either way it's going to be a busy time for Waggott and Mowbray to sort the wheat from the chaff and get negotiating.

50 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Looking again at the list, you’d imagine it’ll be at least one of Arma, Travis or Lenihan sold to ‘pay the bills’ ahead of next season. As I say, Nyambe won’t fetch much with a year left and nobody is taking a risk on Dack yet. 

All dependent on if a PL club(or recently relegated one) comes in for them, cos aint no Championship club affording them 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Then you can take the likes of Rothwell, Evans, Bell, Holtby, Chapman and Williams, see if there is a market we can cash in now or decide if they are likely to be our plans, and extend them. 

Joe Rothwell should absolutely be in the plans. There is a player in there, even a game changing player in there. I don't know what the problem is whether its him, system or TM but I would give him another season to prove his worth. Been a long time since we had a player that can carry a ball like he can, his pace is unreal aswell. Keep faith. Same for Holtby, I would be keeping him around.

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 4

With the size of the squad, seeming lack of budget and other issues to deal with including a short time frame to get business done the likes of Holtby and Rothwell need to stay.

In an ideal world we'd look to upgrade but I don't see that as being possible this summer. Both have an awful lot to prove given the fanfare around them.

Letting more go now with gaps we already have would be suicidal.

Edited by JHRover