BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Tribunal, not nothing. But that's still not good enough. I thought we already established there is a 1 year extension option in the club's favour though? Or that might have been Dack.

That was Dack who has 12 months left on his contract with club option of 12 months extension similar to Bell had. 

Nyambe has 12 months left on his contract

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-player-contracts-transfers-18675251

32 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

That was Dack who has 12 months left on his contract with club option of 12 months extension similar to Bell had. 

Nyambe has 12 months left on his contract

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-player-contracts-transfers-18675251

Ok, wasn't sure which one had been reported. That list isn't definitive though, it's just based on what is reported. We are really keen on these 1 year options in our favour these days (which I think is a good thing, as long as we activate the right ones). I'd be surprised (and fuming) if the weird 2-year deal Nyambe signed doesn't include one.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Bell is 4 years older and I do not see where this hidden competent left back is. 

It would be crazy to prioritise a midfielder over a left back. I cant see Whiteman signing at all.

Fully agree with what you're saying. My point is (at least) we have Amari'i Bell... We literally do not have a GK or a CB to partner Lenihan...

If we end up signing a quality GK, CB and CM that will actually improve our first XI, Bell may actually seem serviceable. If we don't sign a competent GK or CB, we may aswell all his snooze until 2021-2022.

Edited by Angry_Pirate

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

Fully agree with what you're saying. My point is (at least) we have Amari'i Bell... We literally do not have a GK or a CB to partner Lenihan...

If we end up signing a quality GK, CB and CM that will actually improve our first XI, Bell may actually seem serviceable. If we don't sign a competent GK or CB, we may aswell all his snooze until 2021-2022.

I dont understand why we would prioritise a central midfielder over replacing the inept Bell though. That position would be under winger too in terms of priorities if possible once the critical issues are addressed.

Totally agree that obviously we need a goalkeeper, well 2, because Mowbray has managed to create a situation in which we have none. CB we have Williams or Wharton, which is no worse than having Bell at LB, but it goes without saying that both positions are ones in which we lack the quality of player to even get in the top half.

In central midfield, prior to any departures, we have Travis, we have Evans who is a very able partner, we have Downing who is our best player on the ball, then obviously Davenport and Johnson beyond that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Olsson is 32, was never the best defender and seemingly has struggled for fitness easily. If he hadnt played for us prior would be be mentioned? Would like to think theres better elsewhere.

Seen him play and he was toss..stay away..

Edited by neophox

11 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Grab Marshall from Wigan while they cant say no, sign up Whitman before one of the other CH clubs beats us to it and then work on defenders are coming mk.II. Get Cuningham back and a couple of CBs.

Agree on Marshall.. superb age and ond of the best in Championship also Danny Warg World be great.

36 minutes ago, neophox said:

Agree on Marshall.. superb age and ond of the best in Championship also Danny Warg World be great.

Someone on here posted Rovers wanted Connor Ripley.

Understand, we've been watching a French lad (which will delight @chaddyrovers ) - Michel at Auxerre; if correct, think he'd be coming as our number 1.

It seems like teams are already starting to make transfers. Norwich have made a few, and QPR and Reading have both made their first signing. Not sure how good any of the players are that they have signed mind you. Brentford have bid for Ivan Toney according to Sky Sports. Lots of activity further down too.

You do suspect that unless Venkys suddenly get their act together that there is even more potential than usual to lag behind in such a small window before the season starting and also with less money meaning that you will get more teams going for the same players, ie free agents and loans.

Not that I am saying that we should have signed anyone yet but I bet the budget is still "lacking clarity." 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It seems like teams are already starting to make transfers. Norwich have made a few, and QPR and Reading have both made their first signing. Not sure how good any of the players are that they have signed mind you. Brentford have bid for Ivan Toney according to Sky Sports. Lots of activity further down too.

You do suspect that unless Venkys suddenly get their act together that there is even more potential than usual to lag behind in such a small window before the season starting and also with less money meaning that you will get more teams going for the same players, ie free agents and loans.

Not that I am saying that we should have signed anyone yet but I bet the budget is still "lacking clarity." 

Yes teams are bidding and signing players. 

We don't know if the budget has been agree yet. 

How do we haven't making offers to players or bids in for players this week? 

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

10 years worth of history, Mr Defensive.

Have you listen to podcast on Rovers Chat? The guy who runs it says he has heard on the grapevine that Mowbray has been given his budget but not talking about to the media. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Have you listen to podcast on Rovers Chat? The guy who runs it says he has heard on the grapevine that Mowbray has been given his budget but not talking about to the media. 

No I havent, I would be skeptical about such vague rumours. It would make no sense for Mowbray to have been so dismissive only last week. If you like to believe that it is all a ploy and everything is in hand, fair play ?

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But 13 minutes ago you were arguing we didn't know what the budget was!

• Like 3

Just now, roversfan99 said:

No I havent, I would be skeptical about such vague rumours. It would make no sense for Mowbray to have been so dismissive only last week. If you like to believe that it is all a ploy and everything is in hand, fair play ?

I would recommend you watch the entire podcast. Really good listen. 

I think it's been agree since his comment to the media. 

Why tell other clubs, agents and players our budget? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I would recommend you watch the entire podcast. Really good listen. 

I think it's been agree since his comment to the media. 

Why tell other clubs, agents and players our budget? 

It's more likely he hasn't said anything because he doesn't want to listen to the outcry from us fans when he tells us we have a budget to match a league 2 side

• Like 1

Just now, islander200 said:

It's more likely he hasn't said anything because he doesn't want to listen to the outcry from us fans when he tells us we have a budget to match a league 2 side

Well if that's what you think fair enough but I dont and dont see why Rovers have to tell the everything. Has Reading or QPR or Huddersfield told the media what their budget is for next season? 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Well if that's what you think fair enough but I dont and dont see why Rovers have to tell the everything. Has Reading or QPR or Huddersfield told the media what their budget is for next season? 

He doesn't have to say what the budget is.

Would be a bit of peace of mind for the supporters if he told us the budget had been agreed.

For all we know it could still be radio silence from India

Edited by islander200
  • Like 3

Bloody hell. Usually all we hear from the club is how we do have money to spend “if we need it” or some crap along them lines. Now it is all cloak and dagger time is it.

I don’t think the venkys have it in them to be shrewd in the transfer market. Takes them 4 weeks to fax back a yes or a no ffs 

• Like 1