BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

He doesn't have to say what the budget is.

Would be a bit of peace of mind for the supporters if he told us the budget had been agreed.

For all we know it could still be radio silence from India

I'm sure Mowbray and Waggott will say Budget been agreed in the coming days/next week. 

But if Mowbray has met Whiteman as Sparks says or we chasing the 2 targets Josh Reported then it would indicate Mowbray as agree a budget. Do you agree?

I think Tony and Tesco have the Ok to sign off wages, if you take into consideration the amount just wiped off the wage bill.  I think he's struggling with up front money.  Sadly for us, we are conpeting with others with cash on the hip and owners who are present physically and mentally. 

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm sure Mowbray and Waggott will say Budget been agreed in the coming days/next week. 

But if Mowbray has met Whiteman as Sparks says or we chasing the 2 targets Josh Reported then it would indicate Mowbray as agree a budget. Do you agree?

Not really as we have chased targets for months in the past only to suddenly realise we can't afford them.

Like I know Rich Sharpe and the telegraph ain't in the loop but the least the club could do is let the fans know through the local paper that the budget has now been agreed.

Our situation isn't comparable to other clubs they didn't have their manager telling the fan base that no budget had been agreed

50 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would recommend you watch the entire podcast. Really good listen. 

I think it's been agree since his comment to the media. 

Why tell other clubs, agents and players our budget? 

Jesus Christ Chaddy, you’re killing us here. 

• Backroom

Bit of imagination regarding defence:

Robin Knoche, 28, consistent back-up centre back for Wolfsburg, free agent now seemingly due to the ongoing global bastard affecting club incomes.

Daniel Schwaab, 31, I recommended last year, still a free agent, although unsure why. Risk?

Also Victor Ruiz, 31, just left Besiktas after a decent season there, similar financial reasons to Knoche.

Ezequiel Garay, 33, now a free agent leaving Valencia.

James Chester, 31, on loan at Stoke last season from Villa, now a free agent.

Ryan Shotton, 31, free agent from Boro, surely a shoo-in for Mowbray?

Grant Hall from QPR, 28.

Robin Bormuth, 24, I'm sure has been suggested before from Dusseldorf? Now a free agent.

Plenty of options in the free market alone imo.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mike E said:

This guy was at one time rated in the "world class" territory was he not?

Would be a hell of a name, but surely not likely, even at 33. If he's still got it, the likes of Brentford, Norwich, Leeds and Fulham would be ahead of us I'd think (with their advanced scouting systems ?). Also not sure he has ever played against Coventry.

It is about time we had another Argentinian... Between Formica, Di Santo and Ossie, we haven't really done too great there.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Robin Knoche, 28, consistent back-up centre back for Wolfsburg, free agent now

Both would be incredible signings for us.

• Like 1

Huh, I thought Harrison Reed had signed for Fulham permanently last summer, but it was just a loan....and now he is being linked with Burnley...

https://eurofootballrumours.com/burnley-eyeing-move-for-harrison-reed-20029/

Be pissed off if they got him and he goes on to be a big success for them. (And no, not because he is a realistic signing now)

Edited by bluebruce

Come on guys you don’t need to hang on the managers every word to know that he has a budget now. Rich Sharpe reported that we were ‘still negotiating’ with Downing last week, then we had the meeting with Whiteman confirmed in here by a friend of the family. Credible links for Harthez and Ripley and now Michel a French keeper. They can’t make any of those Meetings without a budget and importantly are not compelled in anyway to tell anyone what it is. What the information also suggests is that we might have a couple of million in cash to spend as all of the links bar Hartherz would have fees attached.

Either way I think we can drop the have we, haven’t we got a budget thread for now. 

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

In what way are those links ‘credible’ and not just the standard agent planted stories? 

Because someone on here posted them I guess.

Anyway, I think the notion that everything will be ok if we sign a couple of decent defenders is naive.

I sometimes think the way Mowbray sets up his teams we could have the best defenders in the world playing and it wouldn't make much difference, we're so disjointed most of the time. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

In what way are those links ‘credible’ and not just the standard agent planted stories? 

Whiteman is self explanatory as it unfolded on here by @Sparks Rover

@J*B has a history of breaking info on here and @Mercer too. Though not always accurate.

The links consequently dropped onto those robot twitter accounts but they didn’t start there. 

I’m not saying the links are right but we have no reason to believe they would lie.

But you shouldn’t even have needed those transfer rumours to know that we had our budget. The negotiations with Downing is enough to put it to bed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Come on guys you don’t need to hang on the managers every word to know that he has a budget now. Rich Sharpe reported that we were ‘still negotiating’ with Downing last week, then we had the meeting with Whiteman confirmed in here by a friend of the family. Credible links for Harthez and Ripley and now Michel a French keeper. They can’t make any of those Meetings without a budget and importantly are not compelled in anyway to tell anyone what it is. What the information also suggests is that we might have a couple of million in cash to spend as all of the links bar Hartherz would have fees attached.

Either way I think we can drop the have we, haven’t we got a budget thread for now. 

I believe the budget thing is a red herring as I think if there is a budget it will be small. Transfer funds will come from outgoing players. I was told that there is a £10m his on the table now for one of our players which I think will be used to fund new signings.

• Like 1

I saw the Whiteman stuff.

I’m talking about those fairly random foreign links. It’s a foreign player tombola with all Championship clubs every summer. Names thrown in by agents and then disseminated across the internet by journos who either have a link to said agent or the likes of LancsLive who just want to have stories for folk to click on. Or they come from faceless twitter accounts ‘Transfer Insider’ and the such like.

Most come and go, wouldn’t call them ‘credible’ personally.

• Like 1

Just now, Mattyblue said:

I saw the Whiteman stuff.

I’m talking about those fairly random foreign links. It’s a foreign player tombola with all Championship clubs every summer. Names thrown in by agents and then disseminated across the internet by journos who either have a link to said agent or the likes of LancsLive who just want to have stories for folk to click on. Or they come from faceless twitter accounts ‘Transfer Insider’ and the such like.

Most come and go, wouldn’t call them ‘credible’ personally.

Hartherz and Ripley were brought in here by @J*B before they landed on Lancs Live or any T9 twitter page. If you’re saying he’s not credible then fine. I take people as I find them and have no reason to disbelieve.

Michel by @Mercer is the last one. I’m not as sure about this but the way it was delivered suggests he’s heard from someone close to the club as oppose to read it on twitter.

Im not saying we’re going to sign them btw but I think it’s fair to that taking it all into consideration with Downing - we do have a budget.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Huh, I thought Harrison Reed had signed for Fulham permanently last summer, but it was just a loan....and now he is being linked with Burnley...

https://eurofootballrumours.com/burnley-eyeing-move-for-harrison-reed-20029/

Be pissed off if they got him and he goes on to be a big success for them. (And no, not because he is a realistic signing now)

Don't worry, he won't join Burnley. His girlfriend doesn't want to live up north.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Good move for him. 

I would be offering Rothwell a new long term contract. 

If Nyambe wont sign a new contract then I would be looking to sell him..cant let him leave for nothing in 12 months time. Crazy situation. 

I would rather lose him for nothing than have Bennett play there all season! 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I believe the budget thing is a red herring as I think if there is a budget it will be small. Transfer funds will come from outgoing players. I was told that there is a £10m his on the table now for one of our players which I think will be used to fund new signings.

Has to AA right? Dont think Travis could command that sort of fee (just yet) and we know that goalscorers with pace come at a premium. 

34 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Dack, Lenihan, AA & Travis must be the only 4 capable of fetching that type of fee.

I think Dack will be sold before the window closes in October. 

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Dack, Lenihan, AA & Travis must be the only 4 capable of fetching that type of fee.

I think Dack will be sold before the window closes in October. 

I dont think they all would in the current climate, arguably in the previous climate either. Dack pre-injury certainly but even shelling out 10 million on him now comes with a huge risk. Lenihan is certainly not worth 10 million and I think Travis needs another good season like this one to get close to that value. Can only be AA in my opinion.

• Like 1

Just now, JacknOry said:

I dont think they all would in the current climate, arguably in the previous climate either. Dack pre-injury certainly but even shelling out 10 million on him now comes with a huge risk. Lenihan is certainly not worth 10 million and I think Travis needs another good season like this one to get close to that value. Can only be AA in my opinion.

Unless someone is hoping to get Dack on the cheap due to his injury