BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

It would have to be Arma, The one thing in my opinion which has saved Mowbrays season, Gambled too much on the potential sale of Dack and his main signings to date have not reached potential, After Dacks injury I dont think he has the balls to spend just yet until we have sold someone

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

Hasn’t grown or played enough yet Bruce. But I can tell you with even more certainty than Sparks did about Whiteman, that the two clubs who have been monitoring and making contact about him will not even flinch at spending 8 figures on him. He’s the “chosen one”...not my words!

I presume that you know and can share these 2 teams then?

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I rather have the money if the player won't sign a new contract. 

The issue with that is if you're talking about a player of Dack's quality, if you keep hold of him he could be the difference in a promotion push. As we've seen for years with Rovers, if we get a reasonable offer for Dack (taking into account his contract situation), we can expect very little of that to be spent, on more than likely a player of lesser quality than him. Or even more likely, the money won't be spent at all and we'll 'replace' Dack with Holtby, Rothwell or Buckley and the money disappears into the ether. 

I'd rather have him around than cash in personally. As someone said above, lets put all our efforts into getting him to sign a new deal. If the release clause is too low, so be it. It will have kept him around long enough to see if we can sustain a genuine promotion push and will have guaranteed us a bit of money when he does leave.

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Did I say have Bennett at right back? No I wouldn't. I would buy a first choice right back who is good going forward aswell as defending

Obviously,  but we all know that Tony would just slot his lad in there for the season, this isn't nornal Chaddy.  Anyway, I expect Nyambe to run his deal down anyway and end up higher than us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Did I say have Bennett at right back? No I wouldn't. I would buy a first choice right back who is good going forward aswell as defending

I always liked Jaz Richards, released by Cardiff and we know how well its worked out so far with ex city

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I rather have the money if the player won't sign a new contract. 

Couple of problems.

The money is unlikely to be of any immediate benefit to the club. It is likely to be a small amount, probably will get swallowed up on running costs and even if reinvested we have a manager with a poor record of spending.

Secondly there's no evidence that we have even discussed a new deal with Nyambe. Given Mowbray can't even get simple answers from India he probably isn't in a position to offer him an extension. So if we lose him and have no money or approval to sign anyone then there's another hole in the squad to negotiate.

Before you know it we've got Williams, Bell and Bennett as our defence, if Lenihan gets flogged to Sheff Utd.

Relegation time.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I'll believe it when i see it.  He's so far behind some 18 year olds, never mind his own age. Just don't get your fascination with the lad. You should put some meat on the bones about the 2 clubs

That’s the thing bud. I don’t have any fascination with him. I’ve said time and time again that I haven’t seen in him anything like what they do. There’s a few posters on here who seem to share their views but honestly, the coaching staff genuinely believe he’s the one.

The two clubs are northwest PL clubs and they’ve been monitoring him very closely for over a year.

When I said the thing about him being bought for eight figures it’s because at that time he’d played a couple of games and thought he might kick on. I was sat with a friend who’s in football and was looking at a player (not one of ours). We got talking to the scout watching Buckley and he was adamant that they’d be looking to bid for him at Christmas and were willing to spend upto £10m.

I was blown away tbh. I know they love him at the club but still...

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

With any minimal proceeds from a Nyambe sale (I dont see a market for him) we can get such a right back capable of doing both, as well as a left back. Besides, I thought that you wanted Rankin Costello to be converted to a right back.

Nyambe is the best we can get at the moment, yes he cant attack very well, but he can defend which is the main thing we need to fix. If he wants to run down his contract, maybe, but that is total conjecture. Hopefully he will sign long term and carry on at right back.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 2

I'm not sure there will be too much PL interest in Armstrong just yet.

He had a fantastic second half to the season but prior to that he had 3 and a half 'average' years at Championship level and 1 good season in L1 with Coventry. I think most PL clubs would want a bit more evidence before making a bid. I hope I am right because I want him here next season.

On the other hand, I believe Bowen has done well at West Ham after leaving Hull so maybe clubs at that level will be looking to the Championship.

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

With any minimal proceeds from a Nyambe sale (I dont see a market for him) we can get such a right back capable of doing both, as well as a left back. Besides, I thought that you wanted Rankin Costello to be converted to a right back.

Nyambe is the best we can get at the moment, yes he cant attack very well, but he can defend which is the main thing we need to fix. If he wants to run down his contract, maybe, but that is total conjecture. Hopefully he will sign long term and carry on at right back.

think you`re being a bit unfair on nyambe,he can`t show any attacking intent because he`s gets no support,hence he ends up stopping and passing square or back,a genuine wide player would give him an option of the overlap,we could have a potent weapon if we utilise him that way

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

think you`re being a bit unfair on nyambe,he can`t show any attacking intent because he`s gets no support,hence he ends up stopping and passing square or back,a genuine wide player would give him an option of the overlap,we could have a potent weapon if we utilise him that way

I dont doubt that Mowbray has a real inability to select or indeed sign competent wide men but Nyambe is definitely a more defensive full back and indeed he has always been really reluctant going forward and lacking an end product when he does. 

My point was that the chance of signing someone at this time equally capable going both ways is incredibly unlikely and if Nyambe is willing to sign a new deal the obvious solution is to persist with him. The main priority is stopping us conceding so mang

4 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Burnley have reported a profit for the last 3 seasons. That's why I'd imagine Dyche has been moaning about lack of transfer funds. Have you got a link to the admin? I don't remember Burnley being anywhere near administration.  

Burnley's finances based upon their last filed accounts are in pretty good order.  

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Take him aside and remind him of the loyalty we've shown him and get him to sign a new contract with a trigger clause in it

There's a year option on his current deal.

6 hours ago, arbitro said:

I believe the budget thing is a red herring as I think if there is a budget it will be small. Transfer funds will come from outgoing players. I was told that there is a £10m his on the table now for one of our players which I think will be used to fund new signings.

Don't think Mowbray will see any of the first £10million raised from player sales and I think he will be only allowed to reinvest 50% of anything over £10million.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its was Josh who posted the Dack story to WBA in December 2019 so 7 months. 

Palace are looking for younger players so Travis would suit that philosophy. 

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2020/july/roy-hodgsons-comments-pre-crystal-palace-v-tottenham-hotspur/

If West Ham lose Rice to Chelsea, I think Travis would be good replacement. 

You complain about rumours but a number of people have posted them in a last few days but I notice you DIDN'T complain then!!!

Nonsense.  I think Travis is light years away from Rice in ability terms.  

5 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Don't think Mowbray will see any of the first £10million raised from player sales and I think he will be only allowed to reinvest 50% of anything over £10million.

That not fair? After his splurge last summer. Weve FFP rules to comply with, that is the reality, Time people get used to the fact that we have to sell. 

1 hour ago, Fraserkirky said:

I suppose if we have to sell before we buy, then Armstrong makes sense at 10m +. Can get a striker in on loan, and fill in the GK, LB and CB issues.

Or more likely we'll get a GLK, LB and CB on loan, spend 5m on a striker no-one has heard of, and then play him on the wing.