BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Where has all the speculation about Nyambe come from? Only 2 months ago he was talking about how he wants to one day play in the PL, but he wants to do it with Rovers. 

I think it’s unlikely he is leaving, and it’s unlikely any of our key players will leave this summer. Armstrong’s best form has been under Mowbray, so he would be stupid to want a move right now. Dack is going nowhere after his injury.

6 minutes ago, Miker said:

Where has all the speculation about Nyambe come from? Only 2 months ago he was talking about how he wants to one day play in the PL, but he wants to do it with Rovers. 

I think it’s unlikely he is leaving, and it’s unlikely any of our key players will leave this summer. Armstrong’s best form has been under Mowbray, so he would be stupid to want a move right now. Dack is going nowhere after his injury.

If a Premier League team comes in offering Armstrong football at a higher level for a bigger wage then 99% of people in that position would push for the move.

The idea of him being unable to replicate his form under any other manager is madness.

My main doubt regarding player sales is are any good enough to attract a Premier League team? Not sure. Maybe the relegated Premier League teams are most likely candidates. 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
Just now, windymiller7 said:

Didn't he turn down Ireland to play for England? BDS is Irish

He’s got an Irish first name, but he was born and raised in England in fairness....

A number of players from NI play junior level for them, then switch to the ROI later on. 
They can’t have it both ways ?

• Like 3

Just now, K-Hod said:

He’s got an Irish first name, but he was born and raised in England in fairness....

A number of players from NI play junior level for them, then switch to the ROI later on. 

Still though to actually play for the Irish first team (albeit in friendlies) and then switch to England is bound to get up some peoples noses.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
Just now, iSeeRed said:

Still though to actually play for the Irish first team (albeit in friendlies) and then switch to England is bound to get up some peoples noses.

Absolutely. There are many blurred lines in terms of national teams that I’m not really in favour of tbh.

• Like 1

Matthew Platt has joined Barrow permanently. Interesting one but ultimately the right choice, way too old to playing youth team football, and nowhere near our first team so loan would've been pointless. Glad for him to be able to kick start his career, I really believe Scott Wharton needs the same in League One.

15 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Matthew Platt has joined Barrow permanently. Interesting one but ultimately the right choice, way too old to playing youth team football, and nowhere near our first team so loan would've been pointless. Glad for him to be able to kick start his career, I really believe Scott Wharton needs the same in League One.

watched him when he was on loan at southport vs chorley,big lad,good header of the ball but very slow,never going to make this level imo,wharton is a far better prospect and player

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Why is he a traitor?

43 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

40 minutes ago, iSeeRed said:

15 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

I think it was a tongue in cheek comment from BDS to be honest.

It's one of the usual cases where his grandad used to have an Irish Setter or something which made him eligible?

Yes, it was tongue in cheek, thank you Windymiller.

The difference with him over even say Grealish is that Rice played for the senior team, won young player of the year and then switched. Best of luck to anyone whoever they decide to play for. 

I don't think anyone really cares to be honest though. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

He played at senior level for RoI

Personally I think he's made a poor decision if he wants a long international career.

Just now, Scotland1 said:

No British person who identifies them self and born in this country would turn to Ireland given your countries stance towards the UK and NI which has been utterly shameful.

I never go running to the mods but mods he should be pulled up on this bullshit.Its not the first time he posted with Anti Irish sentiments

Clown

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

Shearer missed half of his first season with Blackburn through injury after snapping his right anterior cruciate ligament in a match against Leeds United in December 1992, but scored 16 goals in the 21 games in which he did feature.[9] 

Didn't do too bad for us after that! 

That injury took half a yard of pace off him though.

• Moderation Lead
16 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I never go running to the mods but mods he should be pulled up on this bullshit.Its not the first time he posted with Anti Irish sentiments

Clown

I’ve just logged on after nipping out for an hour and dealt with it now. 
Insults aren’t something we encourage either...

Just now, K-Hod said:

I’ve just logged on after nipping out for an hour and dealt with it now. 
Insults aren’t something we encourage either...

Fair enough I apologize for the insult but at end of day he shouldn't be posting those bullshit opinions and it's not the first time he had done it either 

• Moderation Lead
Just now, islander200 said:

Fair enough I apologize for the insult but at end of day he shouldn't be posting those bullshit opinions and it's not the first time he had done it either 

Whoever reported it, they did the right thing, so it came right to my attention! 
Anyhow, let’s get back to transfers!

• Like 1

Wish Matty Platt all the best with his move. But was astonished when I looked at his profile earlier and saw that he was 22. I thought he was 18.

Compare the number of competitive games he played to Wharton who is the same age and you will realise that this was probably the best move for all concerned.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Right enough politics and insults.

What's the crack? Any rumours?

Outcomes of the Donny lads meeting?

I’ve been quoted a couple of times in this thread so thought I would point out my understanding of how transfers happen, and why tip bits people hear can both be right and wrong...

1) Clubs assemble a list of players at different suspected budgetary levels. As Mowbray himself has said, there’s an A, B and C list. 

2) Clubs speak to players agents to see whether they would be interested and if so what sort of finances would be involved. Yes, this is tapping up, but that’s only ever acted upon if it’s happening consistently to unsettle players. 

3) Clubs review who is interested and confirm which category they fall into now we know the finances involved. 

4) Clubs decide as the window moves on which targets they go for and when. Each player has a knock on effect, if you buy a A List goalkeeper, that may mean you can only afford a C list midfielder. 

5) Agents contact interested clubs if other interest if discussed. This hurried up clubs to act. 

Essentially, we may be at point 2 at ALL the targets on the Lancs Live list, but we may never proceed to point 4. Therefore - yes we where interested, yes we made contact or had a meeting (Doncaster midfielder) but ultimately it was decided that we needed to go for A list goalkeeper and left back, therefore it was never anything more.