BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Have to say that the rumours of the French keeper Michel and the German left back Hartherz do make me somewhat happy. Even if it’s at @J*B’s theoretical stage two, it’s nice to hear some European names. The market in those countries isn’t massively different from here, but the wages are. A player like Hartherz, available on a free, simply wouldn’t require the wages that a Greg Cunningham would. Granted, one is unproven in this country and language always plays a part with non-English natives/speakers, but there are plenty of gems to be found.

A £500,000 European Goalkeeper who comes and isn’t good enough, really isn’t the end of the world compared to a £7m English Striker who flops and isn’t good enough. So as much as we are taking bigger risks in terms of scouted knowledge of players and their abilities to perform in the Championship as a Rovers player, the financial risks are usually much lower.

Luckily for Mowbray, countries like Germany, Spain and France are a good four or five years ahead of the English curve for possession based football. He’s stated he wants to control games with the ball, and a lot of teams in these countries were scouring play possession based tactical styles. Whether you agree with TM’s proposed philosophies or whether you think we should be feeding a target man in a simple 4-4-2, Mowbray has stated his feelings and he’s the lucky one who gets to actually decide. 

I don’t believe Mowbray will be able to find the players he wants to suit that particular tactical style for the right low prices here in England, but in Europe? It’s possible.

One thing I definitely know is that nobody should be over or under excited about any European players who come (if they do). Nobody can say for sure whether they’re good enough, so to be disappointed or over elated would be foolish. I feel as though most would agree however that any European additions are at least a positive step towards the club following through on their announced intended long term recruitment targets. Another summer with little to no European fruits would simply be incredible and highly frustrating.

Edited by JoeH

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray can still talk to agents or club staff on a phone. We have other people at the clubs who can contacts clubs with bids or speak with agents 

Doesn't Venus do the deals?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Thought you said you had no insight into the first team the other day?

There’s a lot more chatter now. It’s from the clubs / players we’ve been approaching. Im not blown over with the names but I haven’t seen most of them play.

Before anyone asks, I’m not going to say who they are as I can’t see any links between us and them in the media and stuff in here is very open, ends up on Twitter etc. I wouldn’t wanna betray anyone’s trust.

Im just saying that now, I’m pretty sure that we are VERY busy trying to get deals done.

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

‘I know something you don’t know’.

What you don’t realise pal is how unlikely anyone is to come on here with any ‘info’ if they’ve made it up. This place (BRFCs) rarely takes kindly to any actual info (weirdly) Eg your trashing of the links to players over the last few days as ‘Silly season’ in spite of the fact that you don’t actually know anything yourself. How do you think that makes the posters of that info feel in terms of wanting to stick their neck out again?

My guess is that there are several people in this network who know a lot about what is going on but cannot be bothered to take the stick that comes with it.

I appreciate that I put myself up there to be shot at with my opinions and I gladly take my punishment. ??

• Like 4

It is silly season. I take no interest in links, they either sign or they don’t. I think they are largely agent planted stories, if that upsets J*B and the like, then so be it, though I’m sure he has a thicker skin than that. 

However, a lot of folk do hang off the words of anybody with info, or even those who hint that they may have, look at a professional grifter like Nixon’s twitter for proof of that.

But you don’t post anything, apart from innuendo and ?

Either spill the beans, or protect confidences and say nothing. Posting ‘I know all this stuff... but I can’t tell you ‘, it’s childlike.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 7

Just now, JHRover said:

We can be as 'busy' we like. No rewards for trying in this game. All about doing.

We've seen all this before and it usually ends in disappointment and excuses.

I agree completely. To be clear my point wasn’t that we’ll be signing all these players just that contrary to some different  opinions on here, I’m sure now that we’re very actively trying (right now) to get stuff done.

Its not the case that everyone’s nobbed off to Dubai and isn’t bothered. ??

• Like 1