BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

11 hours ago, 4000Holes said:

Chaddy, I keep looking at sky sports transfer page and all sorts of teams are making bids, completing transfers, etc.

Rovers, nothing, absolutely nothing, probably because Blackburn is still trying to contact Puna on a dodgy fax line in order to sort out a budget.  Same last year with Bauer who went to Preston because we were too slow.  Whose fault?  Mowbray or the owners?  Doesn’t really matter but we will get nowhere until situation is resolved.

If you were getting this sort of treatment managing in industry there would come a point were you'd have to say - " Sort this out or I'm off ! "

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Yes they signed him as number 1 and that idea soon went. 

Yeah I said I was skeptical but that I appreciated that he had not played in his correct position.

We dont need another kid on loan in net. If it is our own ie if it was Raya then fair enough. 

So a couple of games isnt enough a judge a players. You scouted players for 5 or 6 games surely. To gain a proper assessment of a players cos of different games and situations 

Have you seen any of the other names I posted?

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

We all know the keeper will be on loan. Its Venky policy that we dont spend money on that position.

If it's a good one for a million pound loan fee plus wages why waste money on a permanent one when you can spend it on another wide forward or midfielder.

It's only a goalkeeper after all, they only fetch 3 million these days.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes it is the main priority aswell centre back area. 

We haven't sign a keeper yet. We looking at PL keeper on loan. So calm down and stop getting knickers in a twist at some info. Josh posting how transfers work. So we are stage 2 probably. Looking at different lists of players whether is list A, B or C for each position. 

All depends on the budget he been given. Its could be loans and frees the budget. 

And sometimes people have to protect their source so can't the full story but just give hints and tips. 

We might be looking for a keeper on loan, we might be looking for a permanent one, we dont know. I am just saying that I would not be happy IF we did sign a young goalkeeper on loan, ie the list of kids that you presented. Walton was young, but did have a few years of League experience, but was ultimately shite and error prone. You can understand it if he was our own, like Raya was. A random kid from a Premier League team in such a key position? No thanks.

If you cant say a story then fair play, dont post it at all. Saying "we are busy" posting emojis and innuendo and claiming to know the inside track is not of use but just serves to wind people up because he hasnt actually provided any genuine information, any links, any names, anything tangible to discuss so its totally pointless, yet I suppose if people like yourself are hanging off his every word then it makes it all worthwhile.

The vast majority of these transfer rumours that we have linked with will no doubt be total rubbish, agents provoking interest etc, I am still of the assumpton that Mowbray is trying to figure out his budget. As @Mattyblue says it is silly season and some people are lapping it up knowing that people get kicks off "ITK" transfer gossip.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Haha - As IF I’m blowing up 20yrs of friendships to have you absolutely trash me and then see every two bit hack out there be asked the same question on twitter by people on here?

I have trusted a few on here who have been brilliant. I’ve even given some bits when safe to and asked them to post it so I’m well clear of the bullshit. They know the script.

I don’t know why you constantly question me as if I’d / anyone would lie. FFS the last time @K-Hod bumped into me in a pub I was sat with our former club captain of 10yrs!! ?? Ask him if you like!

Don't tell 'em Paul !

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well looking at possible names. 

Iversen at Leicester who was on loan at Rotherham

Muric at City who was on loan at Man City..

Sanchez at Swansea. Was on loan at Rochdale

Travers at Bournemouth.

Pereria at Man Utd

Norris at Wolves

Iversen would a very good signing just from reports at Rotherham and Leicester. 

Loaning another keeper not ideal as I prefer permanent signing as number 1. But if other key signings are permanent signings then so be it. 

I saw a bit of Sanchez at Rochdale. He's really tall but quite agile for a big guy. He reminded me a bit of Raya in style in that he was capable of clawing one out of the top corner one minute and passing the ball to an opposing forward the next. Like Raya he's still got a bit of learning to do. Going off my brief experience of him if I had to chose between Sanchez and Walton I'd go for Sanchez. Not a great recommendation I know but at least Sanchez will stop a fair amount of shots.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I saw a bit of Sanchez at Rochdale. He's really tall but quite agile for a big guy. He reminded me a bit of Raya in style in that he was capable of clawing one out of the top corner one minute and passing the ball to an opposing forward the next. Like Raya he's still got a bit of learning to do. Going off my brief experience of him if I had to chose between Sanchez and Walton I'd go for Sanchez. Not a great recommendation I know but at least Sanchez will stop a fair amount of shots.

If what the guy needs is to learn some of the basics, Rovers coaching staff are not the people to see.

• Like 2

There will always people that will be in the know and whatever they post is appreciated by some, we all scour for information cos we all love this club and want to see progression, But in reality local reporters can't even get snippets of targets, Just enjoy the ride 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BG1492 said:

I’d be tempted to make the most of Wigan’s situation and try to get Marshall. Still a couple of years in him at 35.

That is the sort of logical, sensible, obvious move to make. Take advantage of their chaos and get a ready made experienced keeper for a low fee who should be OK for a season or two.

He won't need to get up to speed or develop. 

Sadly it seems the primary function or focus of Blackburn Rovers these days isn't to get the best players possible but to act as a glorified academy to develop younger end players often for other clubs benefit.

So we end up with a short term solution but also have to nurture the player and suffer the drawbacks of inexperience.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

That is the sort of logical, sensible, obvious move to make. Take advantage of their chaos and get a ready made experienced keeper for a low fee who should be OK for a season or two.

He won't need to get up to speed or develop. 

Sadly it seems the primary function or focus of Blackburn Rovers these days isn't to get the best players possible but to act as a glorified academy to develop younger end players often for other clubs benefit.

So we end up with a short term solution but also have to nurture the player and suffer the drawbacks of inexperience.

I just feel like he overthinks some of the recruitment instead of going for sensible ones.

I can see him targeting a keeper who’s better playing out from the back than he is with his actual hands. Although I don’t see why any GK struggles with a short pass out to his centre half and play out from there.

I get the feeling that Mowbray and his team at Ewood and Brockhall do work very hard in identifying targets. I also get the feeling a lot of these never come to fruition because of the whims of our cretinous owners.

• Like 8