BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

These were all English based mate. All young Keepers from PL. But would defo want to be number 1’s....which means, yes. It looks like we are about to loan another number 1! 

*reaches for tin hat and awaits nuclear explosion.

Nothing wrong in my opinion with loaning a good quality PL keeper. After all, it worked for Sheffield United didn't it?

• Like 2

Just now, pentelrobot said:

Nothing wrong in my opinion with loaning a good quality PL keeper. After all, it worked for Sheffield United didn't it?

Correct. There is something wrong with loaning a clown of a PL keeper though ?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We might be looking for a keeper on loan, we might be looking for a permanent one, we dont know. I am just saying that I would not be happy IF we did sign a young goalkeeper on loan, ie the list of kids that you presented. Walton was young, but did have a few years of League experience, but was ultimately shite and error prone. You can understand it if he was our own, like Raya was. A random kid from a Premier League team in such a key position? No thanks.

Loaning another PL keeper isn't ideal but depends on the quality. Iversen seen to be higher regarding and from reports he had a very good season at Rotherham. Ive seen clips of his performances but not enough to give proper opinion. Muric has international caps so much be a good level. I read at the weekend that Rotherham were interested in Muric on loan for the coming season. They have loaned Rodak and Iversen for a season each over the 2 seasons. 

Well maybe we would sign this young keeper if we reach the Premier League. 

31 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If you cant say a story then fair play, dont post it at all. Saying "we are busy" posting emojis and innuendo and claiming to know the inside track is not of use but just serves to wind people up because he hasnt actually provided any genuine information, any links, any names, anything tangible to discuss so its totally pointless, yet I suppose if people like yourself are hanging off his every word then it makes it all worthwhile.

If you wind up so much move on and don't reply. 

Didn't Paul say we looking to loan a young keeper from Premier league club . He has to protect his info and I can completely understand this and anything he post should be respect on

31 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The vast majority of these transfer rumours that we have linked with will no doubt be total rubbish, agents provoking interest etc,

I wouldn't have thought so at this level to be honest. But we have seen Mowbray talk about different lists, so that's probably we see so many different names

27 minutes ago, arbitro said:

So Mowbray being on Holiday this week wouldn't affect us chasing players as Waggott, Slivester and Venus do the players negotiations. 

23 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I saw a bit of Sanchez at Rochdale. He's really tall but quite agile for a big guy. He reminded me a bit of Raya in style in that he was capable of clawing one out of the top corner one minute and passing the ball to an opposing forward the next. Like Raya he's still got a bit of learning to do. Going off my brief experience of him if I had to chose between Sanchez and Walton I'd go for Sanchez. Not a great recommendation I know but at least Sanchez will stop a fair amount of shots.

All I've seen of Sanchez was highlights on Match of the day of a FA Cup game last season

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Totally agree with @Mattyblue there is absolutely no point coming on here claiming this insight into the world of football as if you know loads of information that you are refusing to reveal. If you cant say, fair enough and dont mention it at all as it just rubs people up the wrong way.

On the off chance that you do know, just makes you come across as desperate for attention if I am being honest.

I suppose whilst people eat out of your hand then it is worthwhile because people seem to get very excited over the mere sniff of transfer gossip which I have never personally understood. 

But all of this crypticness makes Alan Nixon look straight to the point.

His posts are a hell of a lot more interesting than watching you pick apart every single one of Chaddy's posts on practically every single thread. Whether it rubs you up the wrong way or not is irrelevant. That's not 'eating out of his hand' at all.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I get the feeling that Mowbray and his team at Ewood and Brockhall do work very hard in identifying targets. I also get the feeling a lot of these never come to fruition because of the whims of our cretinous owners.

I also think that there is still a lot of window dressing gets done to create the illusion of potential big signings and ambition. That was around long before TM and i'm cast iron sure that some of the names we often get linked with he would jump at signing if there was any real chance of it.

He might rotate the life out of them if he did like.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BG1492 said:

I just feel like he overthinks some of the recruitment instead of going for sensible ones.

I can see him targeting a keeper who’s better playing out from the back than he is with his actual hands. Although I don’t see why any GK struggles with a short pass out to his centre half and play out from there.

I'm not even sure there's that much thought goes into it.

I've no doubt Mowbray has ideas of what he wants from a keeper and one look at those names linked last summer suggested he was looking at decent quality.

But in the end for whatever reason we end up yet again going down the loan route from another clubs academy/reserves. I believe this is because the owners insist upon loans and low cost ones at that. So we end up going cap in hand to Premier League sides asking for a favour.

What a positive start to the window it would be for us to go out and sign a permanent proven established keeper who knew the division 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Don't get the beef with Mani, so what if he claims to know people, any little bits of information on here are very welcome in my opinion. We don't get anywhere near the level of national coverage some fans of other clubs do, so if there are any people out there that know a bit, or a lot, and can post on here then do so.

It happened with Bburn something or other last year too. He was accurate and clearly had an inside line - one or two rumours didn't come true and a few posters rounded on him and now he doesn't post. Disappointing.

If you have beef with the way a guy posts, or the innuendos, then just skip past it. The joys of the scroll bar!

No problem with actual snippets, keeps the thread moving as largely feck all happens for weeks on end in the close season, even if it’s just ‘I’ve heard we are looking at a young keeper’ etc.

But that’s new from Paul to put that amount of meat on the bones, previously it’s been just emojis and ‘if only you knew’, ‘there’s stuff happening mate, but I’m not telling’ and such like which adds what, exactly? Anybody could post that.

If he keeps up with the post he put up earlier which actually discussed the type of targets (but no names, so confidences kept) we are looking at, then great.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18614911.one-one-follow-rovers-face-defensive-re-shuffle/

Seems to give the impression that Tosin coming back is at the top of their agenda. Maybe gone back to sign a longer deal with City then come back? 

Surely if he Is to go out on loan again he would want to test himself somewhere else than the championship?

Be nice like but I'd say little or no chance of him coming back here

11 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

No problem with actual snippets, keeps the thread moving as largely feck all happens for weeks on end in the close season, even if it’s just ‘I’ve heard we are looking at a young keeper’ etc.

But that’s new from Paul to put that amount of meat on the bones, previously it’s been just emojis and ‘if only you knew’, ‘there’s stuff happening mate, but I’m not telling’ and such like which adds what, exactly? Anybody could post that.

If he keeps up with the post he put up earlier which actually discussed the type of targets (but no names, so confidences kept) we are looking at, then great.

Fair play, and I will caveat my own post by saying I don't think you was one of the posters to round on Bburn (whatever his name was) last summer that eventually lead to him stop posting.

Either way, just feck it, we barely have any inside knowledge of the club anymore and any tiny bit helps keep us that touch more excited than what the copy and paste jobs the LT gives us nowadays ? I need a bit of hope in these summer months. 

Edited by Dreams of 1995
  • Like 1

Agent talk about at the moment.

As of the day before yesterday Mowbray hadn't been told how much money he was going to have available to him this summer in terms if transfer fees, agent fees and wages.

He still has those three lists. Cheap players, more expensive players and top target players. But hasn't a clue what he can search for as yet.

• Moderation Lead

Before I post the below, let me just say, any inside information is greatly received, but as per the rules, please don’t wind people up about it.

Just to clarify a few points, from a moderating point of view- this is what’s okay and what isn’t.

Okay- ‘we are interested in this player, I know his family and we have held talks’. I’ll let you know once I hear more.

Not okay- ‘I know this guy at the club and he’s told me this, but I’m sworn to secrecy’. 
Dangling carrots during silly season may be entertaining to you, but winding people up is classed as trolling and contravenes the rules.
Best not to say anything at all, if you aren’t allowed to. Otherwise, threads are derailed and turn into slanging matches that have gone off topic. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

I get the feeling that Mowbray and his team at Ewood and Brockhall do work very hard in identifying targets. I also get the feeling a lot of these never come to fruition because of the whims of our cretinous owners.

So the owners are the ones who only allow Mowbray to buy players he's worked with in the past?

Now that's a plot twist I didn't see coming.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Agent talk about at the moment.

As of the day before yesterday Mowbray hadn't been told how much money he was going to have available to him this summer in terms if transfer fees, agent fees and wages.

He still has those three lists. Cheap players, more expensive players and top target players. But hasn't a clue what he can search for as yet.

Meanwhile......

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18614911.one-one-follow-rovers-face-defensive-re-shuffle/

Seems to give the impression that Tosin coming back is at the top of their agenda. Maybe gone back to sign a longer deal with City then come back? 

The lad, IMO, will never been a top 6 PL player - at his age, he would have broken through by now.  Let's face it, City aren't great defensively.

If a club has the money, I think City will let himgo.

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

The lad, IMO, will never been a top 6 PL player - at his age, he would have broken through by now.  Let's face it, City aren't great defensively.

If a club has the money, I think City will let himgo.

Just bought Ake from Bournemouth too, putting him further down the pecking order.

I'd go further than you Merce, I don't think he makes it at PL level, he's too suspect defensively.

• Like 1

As far as Tosin is concerned i think another season here would do him the world of good. It should be a no brainer for then unless he can get a gig at a Prem club who'll give him games.

On this seasons evidence he should be capable of coming on leaps and bounds in a team and enviroment he knows. Add some urgency and improve on his defensive side of his game and there'll be a player ready to step up to the Prem next year.  Failing that an ambitious champ club with money might pay a good fee for him.

I'm not keen on growing players for other peoples benefit but given the situ we are in and Mowbrays aversion to buying good run of the mill defenders it's probably the best option.  If indeed it is an option which it probably won't turn out to be.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iSeeRed said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/blackburn-closing-in-on-defensive-signing/

New signing inbound according to this dodgy source.

Same report says we are about to lose a "young talent" to a southern club.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-blackburn-rovers-set-to-sign-6ft4-defender-on-free-to-replace-adarabioyo/

Edited by 47er