BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Wonder if Southampton would let Angus Gunn out on loan.Paid a big fee but he has hardly played.Altho suspect they would want his wages covering which would most likely count us out as a possible destination

Never understood why some loaning clubs expect the full wage paid on players.  

26 minutes ago, Mercer said:

The lad, IMO, will never been a top 6 PL player - at his age, he would have broken through by now.  Let's face it, City aren't great defensively.

If a club has the money, I think City will let himgo.

He is worth every penny we got, his distribution into midfield created endless of chances for ourselves, Dack would be utilised from the back and cuts out the midfield,

47 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

So the owners are the ones who only allow Mowbray to buy players he's worked with in the past?

Now that's a plot twist I didn't see coming.

No, they are the ones who have to green light transfers. As if they have any knowledge whatsoever about players. 
They won’t spend on defenders, but believe there is resale value in attacking players, so sanction silly spending on them. We can only speculate as to who is telling them this, but it’s more than likely someone with a history with SEM.

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

On finances, how are we going to fund any player transfers/wages? About 25% of our income comes from ST sales. 

I'm guessing the budget will be slashed considerably for next season and we'll be totally reliant on player sales to generate any transfer funds. 

We could try selling some tickets to boost the budget.

Here we will see the nonsense of Waggott and Venkys.

For years it has been 'poor Rovers' unable to compete because we don't have a huge fanbase buying tickets.

Now here we are not even putting them on sale.

It shows that they were never really that bothered about the fans money. Just a useful excuse to blame the fans for not buying instead of our wonderful kind owners.

• Like 4

• Moderation Lead
8 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

He was six-foot-five and from the Congo
I said, "Do you speak-a my language?"
He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich

I come from the land of Congo...

Thought you were going to break into the Um Bongo rap then tbh....

• Like 2

Just now, RovingRover said:

Relegated with his team in the 1st division of Polish football last season.

Decent pedigree and previously wanted by Rangers. At least it would be an actual defender that we own for once. I would still look at bringing Tosin back on loan though. That would pretty much sort CB out. Then just a keeper or two and a LB to go. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Loaning another PL keeper isn't ideal but depends on the quality. Iversen seen to be higher regarding and from reports he had a very good season at Rotherham. Ive seen clips of his performances but not enough to give proper opinion. Muric has international caps so much be a good level. I read at the weekend that Rotherham were interested in Muric on loan for the coming season. They have loaned Rodak and Iversen for a season each over the 2 seasons. 

Well maybe we would sign this young keeper if we reach the Premier League. 

If you wind up so much move on and don't reply. 

Didn't Paul say we looking to loan a young keeper from Premier league club . He has to protect his info and I can completely understand this and anything he post should be respect on

I wouldn't have thought so at this level to be honest. But we have seen Mowbray talk about different lists, so that's probably we see so many different names

So Mowbray being on Holiday this week wouldn't affect us chasing players as Waggott, Slivester and Venus do the players negotiations. 

All I've seen of Sanchez was highlights on Match of the day of a FA Cup game last season

i suspect we are looking at loans across the board.

For me though, barring exceptional circumstances, I cannot get on board with signing a kid on loan to put in net. Even more so after being stung by Calamity Walton who had actually favourable experience of first team football compared to most of the names mentioned. It is not a position where you want someone elses player learning the ropes making mistakes for you.

Obviously we are only dealing predominantly in suggestions from supporters, with the occasional (most likely agent driven) rumour chucked in. The 2 players mentioned that I would like are Dillon Phillips and David Marshall. Both available you would suspect for low fees post relegation, whether we can afford even that I am skeptical of. Phillips has just had a very impressive personal season and is still young for a keeper. Marshall would bring plenty of experience and kept plenty of clean sheets. I think both would be the type of player we need, not random kids 6th choice at their parent clubs.

• Like 2

Sounds like this lad has some good physical attributes. Big and quick. Bit worried Mowbray may quickly brand him a “boy”, so hopefully we go for a “man” as well... a no nonsense, been there, done that Championship centre half.

Not holding my breath though.