BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

11 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I mean, it's hardly surprising there is interest, is it? I would be more surprised if there wasn't. 

There's interest? Says who?

I thought the whole point in the story was to speculate that there might be interest.

Armstrong is away on holiday whilst almost everyone at Rovers are also away on leave or furloughed. Sharpe must have his fingers in some pies to know of this interest barely a week into the window.

Alternatively he's just making it up.

They've spent the last couple of summers doing it with Dack and now he's out of the frame it is on to plan B.

I give it a fortnight before the Mirror, Mail and Sun are linking him with clubs and this will have been caused by stories like this. Some local papers still have an inside track to their clubs and stories are taken seriously by national papers. That's not the case here, where the Telegraph are spoon-fed info from the club.

As I say I'm not sure the Telegraph are capable of orchestrating it on their own but they are never afraid to wind it up a notch.

Note how no vultures circling for Pope or Wood up the road.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, alex l said:

Do people expect the local paper just to have a one liner once a sale has completed? You want them to not report this as it may encourage a sale yet doubt their integrity if the club isn't criticised. 

More importantly in this would be finding out if Newcastle have a sell on clause or if we'd get the full fee. 

Investigative journalism ?   Give over more chance of dinosaurs returning.

I think what JH is getting at is the local rag has long been known to toe the club line 95% of the time this last decade.  So no reason to think they aren't doing here with a little bit of get the names out there.  Their aim is to sell papers etc so news is news whether it's what fans want to read or not.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, JHRover said:

There's interest? Says who?

I thought the whole point in the story was to speculate that there might be interest.

Armstrong is away on holiday whilst almost everyone at Rovers are also away on leave or furloughed. Sharpe must have his fingers in some pies to know of this interest barely a week into the window.

Alternatively he's just making it up.

They've spent the last couple of summers doing it with Dack and now he's out of the frame it is on to plan B.

I give it a fortnight before the Mirror, Mail and Sun are linking him with clubs and this will have been caused by stories like this. Some local papers still have an inside track to their clubs and stories are taken seriously by national papers. That's not the case here, where the Telegraph are spoon-fed info from the club.

As I say I'm not sure the Telegraph are capable of orchestrating it on their own but they are never afraid to wind it up a notch.

Note how no vultures circling for Pope or Wood up the road.

They are making up interest in Armstrong  and they made it up about Dack too? Mmm , ok then. 

Tinfoil Hat - TV Tropes

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

33 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Rovers fan. Grew up in Scunny I think but a Rovers fan from Kenny's days.

I worked with one of his old mates, seem to remember he said that they grew up in Rotherham I think and that Sharpe became a Rovers fan because one of the lads at school's dad played for Rovers in the 90s. Can't remember who it was though.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

To be fair, JH’s point is about the club’s top assets, the likes of Pope, not deadwood.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

Little update from yesterday. Now been confirmed that Zieler and Marvin Bakalorz, plus Felipe (old defender) and Prib (current captain, midfielder) will train with the hannover reserve team and will leave the club. I would take Zieler and maybe Prib 

Edited by Hannoverover

1 hour ago, Brainfreeze said:

Here's a video of Mathieu Michel in action - https://www.facebook.com/MathieuMichel.Officiel/videos/207306497106014/

@Mercer what do you know of him? 

He looks ok from the online coverage you can find online but without seeing him live hard to judge

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Ultimately he can be as "hard lined" as he likes but it means nothing if the player is content here or if teams are unlikely to match his financial package elsewhere.

Even if he turned to Mulgrew, Williams, Bennett (more chance of hell freezing over) and said like he clearly did to Smallwood that they are settled here, that they want to fight for their place, or ultimately that they are unwilling to take a pay cut, then theyd stay regardless.

Its pretty common knowledge that Mulgrew is unwanted. Yet he chose to come back and sit in the stands.

and Smallwood wasted a year of career by sitting on his ass. Strange actions. Now linked with Sunderland. 

Yes Mulgrew is unwanted and he knows aswell. I suspect Rovers will pay him off just to get him out of the club. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

@Mercer what do you know of him? 

He looks ok from the online coverage you can find online but without seeing him live hard to judge

and Smallwood wasted a year of career by sitting on his ass. Strange actions. Now linked with Sunderland. 

Yes Mulgrew is unwanted and he knows aswell. I suspect Rovers will pay him off just to get him out of the club. 

I totally understand his actions. Probably a mixture of mainly not wanting to take a paycut and not wanting to give up on playing Championship football may have played a part too.

Whether you thing it is "strange" or not, footballers have short careers and I totally understand a desire to get every last penny out of it for themselves and their family. He can now still get a League 1 contract, no harms been done in that year. Fair play to him.

Mulgrew knew that he was unwanted yet chose to come back so he must like it here, he must be settled. This pay off could have been avoided.

I think you are looking at it solely from the clubs point of view. Fact of the matter is that Mowbray shouldnt have handed out contracts like confetti to Mulgrew, Williams ,Bennett and indeed Smallwood when we came up, it was such a shortsighted and wasteful thing to do especially under FFP and has left us lumbered with players that arent up to it.

• Like 3

Just now, roversfan99 said:

I totally understand his actions. Probably a mixture of mainly not wanting to take a paycut and not wanting to give up on playing Championship football may have played a part too.

Whether you thing it is "strange" or not, footballers have short careers and I totally understand a desire to get every last penny out of it for themselves and their family. He can now still get a League 1 contract, no harms been done in that year. Fair play to him.

Mulgrew knew that he was unwanted yet chose to come back so he must like it here, he must be settled. This pay off could have been avoided.

I think you are looking at it solely from the clubs point of view. Fact of the matter is that Mowbray shouldnt have handed out contracts like confetti to Mulgrew, Williams ,Bennett and indeed Smallwood when we came up, it was such a shortsighted and wasteful thing to do especially under FFP and has left us lumbered with players that arent up to it.

he was never going play in the last year here. 

Mulgrew is very settled where he lives but he won't play again here. 

No I look at point of view that I would want to be playing football and not just sit there not playing and just training it was me in that position. Money is important but so is being happy and playing regular football

45 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

They are making up interest in Armstrong  and they made it up about Dack too? Mmm , ok then. 

Tinfoil Hat - TV Tropes

Its amazing after the shenanigans that have gone on here over the years that you think it is farfetched.

Wouldn't be the first time.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

he was never going play in the last year here. 

Mulgrew is very settled where he lives but he won't play again here. 

No I look at point of view that I would want to be playing football and not just sit there not playing and just training it was me in that position. Money is important but so is being happy and playing regular football

Its easy for you to say when you arent pressed with the decision of giving up thousands of pounds a week chaddy.

We can all have principles from the outside of loving the game and wanting to play football but would I give up thousands of pounds just to play a bit more football? Probably not.

We shouldnt have given those players those contracts in the first place.

• Like 6

Smallwood, a whole hearted player on the pitch, giving up a year of a time limited playing career to sit on a contract for 12 months, shows that ‘playing football’ isn’t the be all and end all when you know you won’t see a deal as lucrative again.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 7

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Exactly, how many people would volunteer to go into work tomorrow if they still got paid for not doing. To 95% of pro sportsmen it's just a job of work. Most of them won't do anything without being paid. The ones that will are a very small minority.

Just now, JHRover said:

Its amazing after the shenanigans that have gone on here over the years that you think it is farfetched.

Wouldn't be the first time.

No I just think it would be more surprising if Premier league clubs weren't interested in scored 17 goals , at least 2 of which contenders for the goal of the season. If you think the LT should censor stories about our better players, fair enough. A bit too Pravda for me though. 

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Its easy for you to say when you arent pressed with the decision of giving up thousands of pounds a week chaddy.

We can all have principles from the outside of loving the game and wanting to play football but would I give up thousands of pounds just to play a bit more football? Probably not.

Depends what is more important to the player, playing regular football or collecting a wage. 

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Maybe he’s happy living in Wrea Green and taking the cash?

His house is lovely there. Its a good area and close to Lytham