BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Just now, Richard Oakley said:

You need to up your work rate on jokes. Thanks for pointing out my use of the wrong word.I did correct it, which you seem to have missed.

I reckoned he was on track to score 20 goals that season. I'd expect 6 goals a season, now and he'll be told off for scoring each one. I don't know about you, but I'd rather have a 20 goal striker a season than one who is used as an attempted header winner from a ball hoofed upfield from the defence.

If I up my work rate on jokes, I'll be making more, so I'm not sure what you're saying here. Do you mean quality? 5 likes so far suggests it was at least an adequate joke. I think what really bothers you is you didn't grasp I was only kidding around and have decided to take it personally, which is a shame. Maybe because it's the second time in two days one of your typos has elicited a joke. You don't need to get narky about it though, it's just a light-hearted jibe at an auto correct mistake. It gets us all sometimes, no shame in it.

No, I didn't miss your correction, I posted (or at least started to) before you made it. I said in the second post that you 'initially' wrote pooped, and seemed to have forgotten it, so it's pretty obvious I had spotted your correction.

You reckoned he was on track to score 20 goals which season? The next one after his 11? He was still young and did seem like he might have 15-20 capability in him if he kept developing. Just hasn't kicked on though. He was mostly played CF at Brum that next season when he only notched 6. No question that playing him on the wing and playing aerial balls to him there is doing him no favours though.

42 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Duffy is almost in Orr territory for me i'd rather stick pins in my head than have him back here. Not that's it's remotely likely anyway.

We should have buried him in the reserves until his contract ran out.

If you deem it fit to intentionally lose games for my team, I deem it fit to waste the prime years of your career.

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

We should have buried him in the reserves until his contract ran out.

If you deem it fit to intentionally lose games for my team, I deem it fit to waste the prime years of your career.

Someone very wealthy and owning the club and seeing that and hearing about his alleged behaviour off the park would have done just that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Richard Oakley said:

I think @neophox was just giving his reasons for not wanting Duffy back here.He is said to be unsettled at Brighton. 

@Atko'sEngine, you complain about profligacy in front of goal, despite us finishing 6th in terms of goals scored.You cite Gallagher and Samuel. Mowbray makes Gallagher play wide right, doesn't allow him to hone his goalscoring talent and berates him for popping up in the penalty area and scoring.I doubt Samuel was fully match fit. @RoverKyle, the best target man we have according to the scouting report is Brereton, Unfortunately, his distribution thereafter is a weakness.  

Walton kept 12 clean sheets. Transfermarkt lists his market value at £900k on joining us on loan. It was £720 estimated on leaving us. He left  80% of the player he was, when he came. Contrast that with his time at Wigan: £225k when he started, £900k when he left. Can we recruit the Wigan goalkeeping coach, please?

Brereton is deffo not a target man.

The lad is like Bambi on ice when he has no defenders within 10 yards of him.

• Like 3

https://www.tv2.no/sport/11563116/

This article is in norwegian and I have mentioned this guy before. After Brighton have signed Veltman and Ben White is back he is now further down the line. And he says that he won't go back to 2 Bundesliga, Brighton is working towards loaning him out to a Championship club or selling him. Since we are looking for a CB we should be all over this, very promising player.

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

If I up my work rate on jokes, I'll be making more, so I'm not sure what you're saying here. Do you mean quality? 5 likes so far suggests it was at least an adequate joke. I think what really bothers you is you didn't grasp I was only kidding around and have decided to take it personally, which is a shame. Maybe because it's the second time in two days one of your typos has elicited a joke. You don't need to get narky about it though, it's just a light-hearted jibe at an auto correct mistake. It gets us all sometimes, no shame in it.

No, I didn't miss your correction, I posted (or at least started to) before you made it. I said in the second post that you 'initially' wrote pooped, and seemed to have forgotten it, so it's pretty obvious I had spotted your correction.

You reckoned he was on track to score 20 goals which season? The next one after his 11? He was still young and did seem like he might have 15-20 capability in him if he kept developing. Just hasn't kicked on though. He was mostly played CF at Brum that next season when he only notched 6. No question that playing him on the wing and playing aerial balls to him there is doing him no favours though.

Some people should work on their sense of humour, smile and admit their mistakes.

What I can't make my mind up is if I mean Richard Oakley, Tony Mowbray [on paying big money for two underwhelming forwards] or both. :)

• Like 1

Just now, dingles staying down 4ever said:

The lad has played in the premiership for several years now so has some ability and no way is a complete waste of space. His attitude stinks though.

So has Scott Dann another one , who was a waste of space !!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Brereton is deffo not a target man.

The lad is like Bambi on ice when he has no defenders within 10 yards of him.

Brereton needs a target man alongside him but I agree there is no way he can be considered one.

Sam Gallagher at the moment, also hasn't the ability to play the position but has the physical attributes to become one. He reminds a little of Kevin Davies before Big Sam got hold of him. If only....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Question

Would you really have the likes of CB we've got ahead of Dann and Duffy? Now if you are talking wastes of space.

Well we didn't exactly prosper with either of those.

13 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Question

Would you really have the likes of CB we've got ahead of Dann and Duffy? Now if you are talking wastes of space.

Yes....I saw Dann play enough , my dad called him shit out Dann , he was frightened of challenges..

And Duffy the deliberate own goal king  ...

Since there are no new links today, thoughts on these suggestions?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/blackburn-rovers-five-strikers-transfers-18701028.amp

I'd put striker as 5th or 6th priority (gk times 2, cb, lb, maybe another cb) but no harm in thinking about it.

I'm not familiar with these players but most don't sound too inspiring. Bonne sounds alright and maybe available at the right price. They make Nicholson sound good, but at a guess from the article we might be talking 4 or 5 million which is far too much in current circumstances. And we all know what would be said if TM paid about that much for a striker...

6 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Dack - going

Rothwell - 1 in 5 player

Holtby - Past it, legs have gone

Buckley - ?

BB - ??

We are needing quality to get promoted,  this lot aren't good enough for that. IMO

Dack - if he goes, point accepted, but then we can look to replace. But he is our most creative player, and we missed him for what, 25 games?

Rothwell - agreed he needs to find more consistency, but he has a style that frightens opponents. He's still worth sticking with imo, though I have wavered in that opinion over his time here.

Holtby - think that's a massive exaggeration; he's a player without natural pace but has natural flair. Similar to Tugay in the respect, albeit a few rungs lower down the ladder.

Buckley & BB - I think both of these showed more in the last 9 games than they did previously. They both have attributes to frighten defenders. Encouraging signs from both to build upon next season.

But I get the apprehension. I'm not saying it's the bee's knees, just less of a problem than is often made out.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Richard Oakley said:

Mowbray makes Gallagher play wide right, doesn't allow him to hone his goalscoring talent and berates him for popping up in the penalty area and scoring

I'd be genuinely interested to see that quote from Mowbray?

• Like 2

Just now, Atko's Engine said:

Dack - if he goes, point accepted, but then we can look to replace. But he is our most creative player, and we missed him for what, 25 games?

Rothwell - agreed he needs to find more consistency, but he has a style that frightens opponents. He's still worth sticking with imo, though I have wavered in that opinion over his time here.

Holtby - think that's a massive exaggeration; he's a player without natural pace but has natural flair. Similar to Tugay in the respect, albeit a few rungs lower down the ladder.

Buckley & BB - I think both of these showed more in the last 9 games than they did previously. They both have attributes to frighten defenders. Encouraging signs from both to build upon next season.

But I get the apprehension. I'm not saying it's the bee's knees, just less of a problem than is often made out.

I'm looking forward to seeing Buckley, JRC and Butterworth next season. I think all 3 can be very good Championship players if they are given a proper run in their correct positions and are guided right. All 3 are talented. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, JacknOry said:

That is not completely true. We were second bottom in shots on goal (including blocked shots) in the league. To counter that, we were surprisingly equal 3rd for the conversion of our shots which basically means, we did not create all that much but were very good at taking our chances when we did. 

https://www.beinsports.com/au/efl-championship/statistics

Fair enough, that is quite surprising esp when you think of efforts like Samuel v Wigan & Barnsley, Davenport v Leeds, Holtby v Leeds, just 4 off the top of my head.

But it still doesn't alter the fact that we finished 6th highest scorers, without playing 2 of the previous season's top scorers most of the time.

• Like 3

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I'm looking forward to seeing Buckley, JRC and Butterworth next season. I think all 3 can be very good Championship players if they are given a proper run in their correct positions and are guided right. All 3 are talented. 

Yeah, Butterworth really seemed promising, I hope his injury doesn't derail his progress.

JRC I like, have heard a lot more good stuff about his U23s performances. I'm not sure he's what you'd call creative though from what I've seen, in terms of unlocking tight defences. Dack, Holtby, Buckley & Rothwell all have that in their locker.

2 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

no way is buckley ready for the hustle and bustle of the championship,he needs 3 months in the lower leagues to learn how to look after himself,as for the other two,i think they are ok though no doubt mowbray will either play them out of position or ignore them

• Like 2

Just now, Atko's Engine said:

Yeah, Butterworth really seemed promising, I hope his injury doesn't derail his progress.

JRC I like, have heard a lot more good stuff about his U23s performances. I'm not sure he's what you'd call creative though from what I've seen, in terms of unlocking tight defences. Dack, Holtby, Buckley & Rothwell all have that in their locker.

Check out the pass made at Sheff Wed to set up one of our goals. Perfectly weighted and the type only played by players who have good awareness, vision and intelligence. 

• Like 2

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

no way is buckley ready for the hustle and bustle of the championship,he needs 3 months in the lower leagues to learn how to look after himself,as for the other two,i think they are ok though no doubt mowbray will either play them out of position or ignore them

I think Butterworth and JRC are better than OK. Agree that Buckley looks lightweight but you can tell he's a talented footballer. I haven't seen Vale yet but Mowbray raves about him so he's another one. We won't be far off a 1st team of Academy Grads soon.