BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Was trusted until his wild tackled against Portsmouth

Surely you would have all have reservations and concerns about most signings surely like Downing, Johnson or Adarabioyo last summer?

Wouldn't you have reservations about signing a player from overseas as you wouldn't know much about him ability wise or his game to game performance even if its an experience player? 

We might sign a keeper on loan but if he performs very well and if we do well and get promote then we could sign him permanently. 

Like I said before Philips would be good signing here. His stats looked good and we seems to be interested in him. His clips looked very good

I was happy with signing Johnson. 

Of course but I would specifically be wary of signing a kid on loan to go in net. Thats my point.

Phillips has just come off a season in which he was player of the season for his club at this level and any development would be to our benefit if it was permanent. Different ball game.

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Whiteman update, met Tony last Wednesday....they want him but not before they've bought a goalie and a left back.  Midfield is the 3rd priority. If there is 2m left over we will put a bid in.  We have a pot of money.  Derby are very interested too.  The player wants the championship,  not necessarily Rovers. 2m gets the player.

I'm sorry. You did just say that GK, LB then CM is the order of priority? Not CB?

We're fucked.

• Like 5

Whiteman update, met Tony last Wednesday....they want him but not before they've bought a goalie and a left back.  Midfield is the 3rd priority. If there is 2m left over we will put a bid in.  We have a pot of money.  Derby are very interested too.  The player wants the championship,  not necessarily Rovers. 2m gets the player.

2 mil for Whiteman? 

Do you know how much the pot of money is? 

I hope Centre back is second on the list after signing a keeper

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

5 Substitute appearances, 0 starts and he barely made the bench from the middle of February. Come on Chaddy let's not try to rewrite history here.

You don't need to tell me about Travis record that season as I was pushing for him to be more involved in that season squad after seeing some of his appearances for under 23's. 

Just now, roversfan99 said:

I was happy with signing Johnson. 

Of course but I would specifically be wary of signing a kid on loan to go in net. Thats my point.

Phillips has just come off a season in which he was player of the season for his club at this level and any development would be to our benefit if it was permanent. Different ball game.

So you would be wary of any signing regarding of age or experience? 

I know about Philips. Done very well there but like I said before depends on the budget and different lists we have to work on. Where if we get a centre back off list A then we might only keeper list off B or C for example

4 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Narrator: Ben Whiteman signed for Derby County

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I just think he’s not quite got ‘it’. Must be doing enough to get contract extensions but obv not good enough to break through. Interesting also that he keeps getting teams out of league 2 but they never take him in League 1...It’s no coincidence, he’s just not good enough lads. 

Actually, I can't speak for his previous clubs, but Northampton have made it clear they absolutely do want to take him in League One.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

So basically we won't get him as someone else will step in who doesnt mess around and gets deals done. 

• Like 5

Just now, RV Blue said:

Narrator: Ben Whiteman signed for Derby County

Cocu and Rooney selling their managerial / coaching abilities and Derby County versus bumbling Uncle Tony.

Think it's a no brainer!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

2 mil for Whiteman? 

Do you know how much the pot of money is? 

I hope Centre back is second on the list after signing a keeper

1st GK

2nd LB - Perhaps thats been sorted now with Bell, but i was under the impression Cunningham was coming back.

3rd CM

Just now, Lucimo said:

So basically we won't get him as someone else will step in who doesnt mess around and gets deals done. 

He'll sign for someone else before we even sign either a GK or LB most likely. Or anyone.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

So, our season finished 12 days ago and a goalie is the priority.  Why haven't we signed one!?!?

• Like 1

1st GK

2nd LB - Perhaps thats been sorted now with Bell, but i was under the impression Cunningham was coming back.

3rd CM

Scary shit. So we're of the opinion we just don't need to replace Tosin, and that Del, Mulgrew, or one of the kids will do the job? Tell me you've at least heard CB is 4th priority, even though that's still scary.

Hope we are shifting 2 or 3 CMs too if we bring one in.

1st GK

3rd CM

Bell has to be back up. so we need 1st choice Left back in. But the first 2 targets have to be 1st choice keeper and centre back partner for Lenihan. 

I wonder If Mowbray has already sorted a centre back position by him not mentioning it in talks with Whiteman

• Like 1

Seems the classic scenario of the last few seasons, court someone decent then say we'll get back to you.

If you want someone the sign them whilst you have the chance otherwise why bother, oh yes just so you can say you've tried !!!!!

They shouldn't even be wasting his time the whole focus should be keeper and defense although i'm not having it Mowbrays sat there and told a player we have a pot of money.

• Like 2

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Patience Mercer ;)

still 2 weeks before pre season starts

Don't talk nonsense.

Mowbray says his priority is a goalie, he has a pot of money and, presumably, a list of options.  There is absolutely no excuse.  So Mowbray, IMO, fiddles as Rome burns.  Wont make any other signings and nothing seems to be moving.  To me, it doesn't add up. 

• Like 2

Just now, tomphil said:

Well surely it's an invitation to both player and agent to ask for top dollar.  

Not really, he said once theyve sorted those 2 if they have 2m left over they are putting a bid in. It couldnt be any clearer.

Edited by Sparks Rover