BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Not really, he said once theyve bought the those 2 if they have 2m left over they are putting a bid in. It couldnt be any clearer.

Knowing Mowbray he probably followed it up with 'but if you can get yourself sorted somewhere first you do so son'

• Like 3

Just now, tomphil said:

Well surely it's an invitation to both player and agent to ask for top dollar.  

Tbf I don't think that follows. His agent knows we are going to need about 2 million for the fee, so it won't be news to him that we have a bit. All Sparks is saying we have said is that if we still have enough left after the other two (?!?!) priorities, we will put a bid in. It hardly makes us sound minted and in fact makes it sound like 'if we can squeeze you in at the end'.

Not really, he said once theyve sorted those 2 if they have 2m left over they are putting a bid in. It couldnt be any clearer.

He really is a fantastic man manager, isn't he?

"We really want you - just not as much as a GK and a LB, so hang fire."

Definitely a bloke I'd want to play for. 

• Like 2

Just now, bluebruce said:

Tbf I don't think that follows. His agent knows we are going to need about 2 million for the fee, so it won't be news to him that we have a bit. All Sparks is saying we have said is that if we still have enough left after the other two (?!?!) priorities, we will put a bid in. It hardly makes us sound minted and in fact makes it sound like 'if we can squeeze you in at the end'.

I get that but it doesn't make the player feel that wanted either.

It's a non starter now if imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

You're going off on a tangent again and missing the point. Non of them up to the job but numerous chances aside from Smallwood who was told he didn't have one anymore but didn't have to leave either.

We've needed a pool of defenders for years and we now have a lad of our own who's proven he can hack it a lge or two below. Ideal for a cheap 3rd or 4th choice i'd say. Mowbray to his credit is well known to give people chances sometimes way beyond what he should, he's also been good to the youth.

This one just looks a bit odd taking all that into account. I'd just like to see what he can do, unless of course they are planning on signing a couple of good ones that push Williams further down the pecking order and Mulgrew off the books.

Perhaps he has ripped jeans?

40 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Whiteman update, met Tony last Wednesday....they want him but not before they've bought a goalie and a left back.  Midfield is the 3rd priority. If there is 2m left over we will put a bid in.  We have a pot of money.  Derby are very interested too.  The player wants the championship,  not necessarily Rovers. 2m gets the player.

Must be getting that CB for free I reckon 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I wouldn't be surprised. The PL money has exploded in recent years. 

Remember when Rooney getting paid £300k a week was an outrage. Now it's the norm.

Average in EPL is apparently £60000 a week, I read somewhere.

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Actually, I can't speak for his previous clubs, but Northampton have made it clear they absolutely do want to take him in League One.

Spoke to my mate yesterday and he said their manager has been on to Wharton asking if he wants to go back and letting him know he’s definitely wanted there. At a push I could even see Tony trying to do a swap for him and Goode if he’s really not in his long term plans...

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Don't talk nonsense.

Mowbray says his priority is a goalie, he has a pot of money and, presumably, a list of options.  There is absolutely no excuse.  So Mowbray, IMO, fiddles as Rome burns.  Wont make any other signings and nothing seems to be moving.  To me, it doesn't add up. 

Mercer, we have 2 weeks before Pre season starts, we will be looking for what we want. If takes a couple of weeks to sort it then so be it. 

Lets say we want the Charlton keeper but Charlton ongoing problem with their ownership could be why we have got an answer yet for an example. 

Nothing seems to be moving? or things are moving but we just don't know the full or any details 

35 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Must be getting that CB for free I reckon 

or a possible loan 

Just now, schoey said:

Spoke to my mate yesterday and he said their manager has been on to Wharton asking if he wants to go back and letting him know he’s definitely wanted there. At a push I could even see Tony trying to do a swap for him and Goode if he’s really not in his long term plans...

do you think Wharton wants to go there? 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

do you think Wharton wants to go there? 

Honestly don’t know, but imagine if you were a pro footballer you’d want to play somewhere you were wanted and were going to get a fair crack of the whip, so guess we’ll have to wait and see!

• Like 2

Just now, schoey said:

Honestly don’t know, but imagine if you were a pro footballer you’d want to play somewhere you were wanted and were going to get a fair crack of the whip, so guess we’ll have to wait and see!

I would just want to play football at that age and learn my trade 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, schoey said:

I think his quote was telling.  Said to me he was telling Mowbray he's staying and fighting for a start

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He really is a fantastic man manager, isn't he?

"We really want you - just not as much as a GK and a LB, so hang fire."

Definitely a bloke I'd want to play for. 

I think you need to look at it from a business point of view here...a bit like a business needing a yardsman, an ops manager  and they'd really like to afford the star salesman if they can afford him...they already have a few average ones.  They desperately need the yardsman and ops manager....

If Mowbray was choosing another CM ahead of him then I think the player would be affronted.  From what I know he would see joining us a real big move,  from young we would have been a proler big club in the premier league in his eyes and local.

• Like 1

I think you need to look at it from a business point of view here...a bit like a business needing a yardsman, an ops manager  and they'd really like to afford the star salesman if they can afford him...they already have a few average ones.  They desperately need the yardsman and ops manager....

If Mowbray was choosing another CM ahead of him then I think the player would be affronted.  From what I know he would see joining us a real big move,  from young we would have been a proler big club in the premier league in his eyes and local.

If you had to give it a percentage of happening what would you say?

Reading your posts I would go 70% likely. 

It's nice to read a post from somebody with inside knowledge. Cheers!

Just now, Wegerleswiggle said:

If you had to give it a percentage of happening what would you say?

Reading your posts I would go 70% likely. 

It's nice to read a post from somebody with inside knowledge. Cheers!

Thats  not fair....? they've done Bell I believe so maybe the LB is sorted....i thought Cunningham was coming but looks like Harris wants a look at him or I think that would  be done by now. 

I don't know but I get the feeling if we truly want the player then we are in the driving seat.  2 meetings in 12 months suggests something,  but I'm not putting my head on the block on here, Id get pelters for sure....:brfcsmilie:

• Like 1

Thats  not fair....? they've done Bell I believe so maybe the LB is sorted....i thought Cunningham was coming but looks like Harris wants a look at him or I think that would  be done by now. 

I don't know but I get the feeling if we truly want the player then we are in the driving seat.  2 meetings in 12 months suggests something,  but I'm not putting my head on the block on here, Id get pelters for sure....:brfcsmilie:

Surely another left back must be on the agenda too. A first choice one. 

Well fingers crossed ? we get Whiteman, I reckon him and Trav in the middle would be a great partnership.

• Backroom

Still find the Whiteman stuff odd, Mowbray meets with him without a deal with his club sorted, then tells him he has a pot of money to spend but may come back to him later?

Seems very arse about tit!

Edited by Tom

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, Tom said:

Still find the Whiteman stuff odd, Mowbray meets with him without a deal with his club sorted, then tells him he has a pot of money to spend but may come back to him later?

Seems very arse about tit!

Sounds about right tbh

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jlee1984 said:

Linked to kienan Davis Aston villa striker, sorry not used to forums just yet and will learn how to post links in work today ? 

A scoring record to compare with a couple of our other high scoring strikers, sign him up. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Sounds about right. 2 goals in 28 Apps last time he was in the Championship. Should fit in with Gally and BB?

Having read their forums, he is actually well liked. They say he holds the ball up well, has a good touch, brings others into play and is a real handful for defenders. 

Only problem is that he doesn't score goals and is always injured.

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/the-keinan-davis-thread.2415/