BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

6 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I wonder if anyone has thought about emailing SW about the situation and therefore getting some sort of right answer on the subject rather than the speculative rubbish spouted at times?

Lancs Telegraph did a report on the season ticket on Saturday. Rovers are waiting to see the advice from EFL and government 1st. 

Posted the link in the season ticket thread

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

Think a few have on here, arbito for one...

I am still having dialogue with them about reimbursements for season ticket holders who couldn't or didn't want to take up the iFollow option. Their latest reply gives some information about season tickets etc. Here is their reply (I received this last week btw):

Dear Mr Leake

Thank you for your patience in awaiting a response to your enquiry, as always, your continued support is incredibly valuable to the club and we appreciate that this is a difficult time for all.

As mentioned, the inability to facilitate supporters attending games within the stadium has had a serious detrimental effect on the finances of the club. We greatly appreciate the support that many supporters have shown in understanding these difficult circumstances and taking up our offer of streaming the final nine matches of the season. Together we can ensure that the club remains on an even footing and push toward realising our collective goals both on and off the pitch as #OneRoversTogether

Now the 2019-20 Sky Bet Championship season has reached its culmination we are now swiftly turning our attention to putting preparations in place for next season and - more pressingly - what our ticket offering will be.

We are sure to be facing many challenges to facilitate supporters returning to stadia and are yet to hear what restrictions may still be in place by that time. Once we have some clarity on this, we will be able to adapt our pricing and strategy accordingly and in turn further advise on a benefit to the issue you have raised in regards to possible compensation.

We thank you for your understanding at this time and will be releasing details in regards to future ticketing as soon as we can.

Kind Regards

Ticket Office

7 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Probably an unpopular opinion but...If Wigan have to offload players and we are looking for a midfielder,  I wouldn't be against trying to get Sam Morsy.  Nasty little bastard.  Just what we need.  

To be fair he also weighed in with 3 goals and 3 assists, which is better than our usual midfield return. 

After what he did to Dack?????

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I am still having dialogue with them about reimbursements for season ticket holders who couldn't or didn't want to take up the iFollow option. Their latest reply gives some information about season tickets etc. Here is their reply (I received this last week btw):

Dear Mr Leake

Thank you for your patience in awaiting a response to your enquiry, as always, your continued support is incredibly valuable to the club and we appreciate that this is a difficult time for all.

As mentioned, the inability to facilitate supporters attending games within the stadium has had a serious detrimental effect on the finances of the club. We greatly appreciate the support that many supporters have shown in understanding these difficult circumstances and taking up our offer of streaming the final nine matches of the season. Together we can ensure that the club remains on an even footing and push toward realising our collective goals both on and off the pitch as #OneRoversTogether

Now the 2019-20 Sky Bet Championship season has reached its culmination we are now swiftly turning our attention to putting preparations in place for next season and - more pressingly - what our ticket offering will be.

We are sure to be facing many challenges to facilitate supporters returning to stadia and are yet to hear what restrictions may still be in place by that time. Once we have some clarity on this, we will be able to adapt our pricing and strategy accordingly and in turn further advise on a benefit to the issue you have raised in regards to possible compensation.

We thank you for your understanding at this time and will be releasing details in regards to future ticketing as soon as we can.

Kind Regards

Ticket Office

Did you also ask them why relatively rich footballers like Smallwood were granted contract extensions even though we had no need of them, if the club are in such a poor financial position that relatively poor supporters can't even be granted a comparatively minor refund for something they bought in good faith?

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Dear Mr Leake

Kind Regards

Ticket Office

Was this a response to asking directly for a refund, or a wider conversation?

33 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Probably an unpopular opinion but...If Wigan have to offload players and we are looking for a midfielder,  I wouldn't be against trying to get Sam Morsy.  Nasty little bastard.  Just what we need.  

To be fair he also weighed in with 3 goals and 3 assists, which is better than our usual midfield return. 

Would be absolutely perfect player for us, you always need someone in the middle of the park kicking people.

Travis-Morsy-Rothwell

----------Dack------------

Brereton----Armstrong

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Wouldn’t go anywhere near him. Basically does exactly what Travis does without the technical ability.

There is a reason he’s always been in lower leagues and bottom end champ. Also seems to be a cock.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Swanson said:

"Exclusive"

20200804_164000.jpg

Ignore that crap. Claimed Lewis Travis was set for Coventry last week. He’s worth more than their entire club.

46 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Did you also ask them why relatively rich footballers like Smallwood were granted contract extensions even though we had no need of them, if the club are in such a poor financial position that relatively poor supporters can't even be granted a comparatively minor refund for something they bought in good faith?

I'm holding back with that one for now if they play hard ball.  At the same time I will ask why the team flew to Cardiff recently at a cost of £30k (I heard from a good source).

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Was this a response to asking directly for a refund, or a wider conversation?

I was chasing up the recompense situation. Originally they said nothing would happen until after the season had ended because it was a skeleton staff all dealing with iFollow. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
11 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I'm holding back with that one for now if they play hard ball.  At the same time I will ask why the team flew to Cardiff recently at a cost of £30k (I heard from a good source).

Training holiday and deals for Etheridge and Cunningham would suit me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I've seen Shearer do exactly what Morsy did. He just helped him on his way. Did we get a free kick ?

It was hardly Keane on Halaad level. Do our fans have equal hatrid for the guy who smashed Evans face in?

19 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I was chasing up the recompense situation. Originally they said nothing would happen until after the season had ended because it was a skeleton staff all dealing with iFollow. 

Cheers.

They have handled this appallingly.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I think that's because it probably comes from the football budget set and supplied by the owners. Plenty will milk that for all it's worth.

The rest i.e STs etc are allegedly for stuff outside of the playing side like the ground and staff so there's probably bugger all left in that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

I think that's because it probably comes from the football budget set and supplied by the owners. Plenty will milk that for all it's worth.

The rest i.e STs etc are allegedly for stuff outside of the playing side like the ground and staff so there's probably bugger all left in that.

You could be right but knowing the club are in dire straits (according to club communications) somebody should have had the gumption to stop the chartered flight and use a couple of coaches. That would have represented a £20k saving which could have been used on plenty of other more pressing things.

Ultimately all spend goes on the bottom line.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

Dear Mr Leake

Kind Regards

Ticket Office

Extremely worrying. Looks like we can't afford refunds for people that want them and are just robbing people off with various excuses.

So to summarise:

- According to the manager, no news or at least no clarity on a budget for next season

- Season ticket holders who want them can't have relatively small refunds for the latter part of last season

- We can't be bothered signing anyone up for some sort of season ticket package for next season

- As of the end of July the owners stopped topping up the wages of furloughed employees 

Hmm..... it's not looking too good imo.

• Like 2

To be fair Simon that email does not mention anything about fans who wanted money back nor does it say they cannot afford to repay it!

has anyone on here asked for a refund? Has anyone proper evidence of the club saying they cannot afford to repay money?

A chap with your background should know about speculating, presuming and assuming without facts.