BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Chaddy first tells us not to worry as pre-season is two weeks away. Then he tells us not to worry because the season start is way off. According to chaddy nothing has happened because everyone is on their holidays.I wonder how long he'll stick to that excuse. I wonder how other clubs have managed to make signings in such circumstances. How for example did our transfer out of Matty Platt get done? The club's policy is 'even better don't say anything'.

Perhaps chaddy can tell us:

if Mowbray now knows his transfer budget

if he believes any players will be signed before pre-season starts

if we have to sell players before we can bring anyone in

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

To be fair Simon that email does not mention anything about fans who wanted money back nor does it say they cannot afford to repay it!

has anyone on here asked for a refund? Has anyone proper evidence of the club saying they cannot afford to repay money?

A chap with your background should know about speculating, presuming and assuming without facts.

You must have read that differently to me then 1864, I read it as refunds were not an option and the only way you would be able to get any satisfaction would be in the way of some form of credit note against next season.

If we ever decide what we're doing for next season that is.

It would be interesting if someone pressed it and said they want a refund now for last season and are not interested at this point in a credit note against next season, they will make their purchase decision for next season from scratch then. 

And see what the Club say.

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Extremely worrying. Looks like we can't afford refunds for people that want them and are just robbing people off with various excuses.

So to summarise:

- According to the manager, no news or at least no clarity on a budget for next season

- Season ticket holders who want them can't have relatively small refunds for the latter part of last season

- We can't be bothered signing anyone up for some sort of season ticket package for next season

- As of the end of July the owners stopped topping up the wages of furloughed employees 

Hmm..... it's not looking too good imo.

Rev - based on current COVID position - what would your suggestion be for a ST offer ?

I am genuinely interested - because I really struggle to think how they could structure it with everything so up in the air. The only thing I can think is one structured similar to the end of the season - i.e. ground closed to fans you get an iFollow pass for that match. Ground open - you are free to attend - but probably with social distancing (though they could be imaginative with family/friend bubbles - but that would take a bit of IT planning.). That would probably take some planning with both the FL and iFollow (they may even be looking into alternatives to iFollow)

Obviously that wouldn't suit those fans that can't (for whatever reason) get access to iFollow. For existing ST holders in that position - you could offer a season ticket for 10 matches - if we had more than 10 matches with fans in attendance - they would get priority for their own seat and at a reduced price. 

With regard budget - did Rovers not ask about a temporary half to fair play rules - maybe they are waiting on this ? I would imagine (with our current loss in revenue) we will surely break FFP rules this season without some form of player sale or relaxation of the rules..

With regard refunds - though everyone's financial circumstances are different - even before the iFollow offer, getting a refund never really crossed my mind. I suppose it depends on perspective - I see my ST paying for ground staff etc - not in anyway lining the pockets of our owners etc.

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

To be fair Simon that email does not mention anything about fans who wanted money back nor does it say they cannot afford to repay it!

has anyone on here asked for a refund? Has anyone proper evidence of the club saying they cannot afford to repay money?

A chap with your background should know about speculating, presuming and assuming without facts.

The email was a response to those asking for an update on a refund

• Moderation Lead

I suppose what I’m saying from a personal point of view is that I’d be willing to pay for a full season ticket (imagine crowds were allowed as normal), then use a streaming link while it is still behind closed doors. 
Then there could be tiers of what fans could choose- I.E a streaming one for now, or no streams and then when fans are allowed in, to be able to attend matches. 
(With different costs, obviously).

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You must have read that differently to me then 1864, I read it as refunds were not an option and the only way you would be able to get any satisfaction would be in the way of some form of credit note against next season.

If we ever decide what we're doing for next season that is.

It would be interesting if someone pressed it and said they want a refund now for last season and are not interested at this point in a credit note against next season, they will make their purchase decision for next season from scratch then. 

And see what the Club say.

The longer the inertia and lack of communication continues the more likely it is that people will get sick and fed up and either request/demand something back or failing that will simply refuse to buy one next year and be lost.

That is why it was so important for the issue to be thoroughly and competently addressed from the word go with clear options set out and a way of deferring compensation towards future tickets, those that we still haven't bothered putting on sale.

Anyhow, transfers. Id be amazed if Mowbray knew or had a budget by now. I suspect he had about 4 days after the season finished to tidy up before having a few weeks off before pre season. 

Waggott has done a disappearing act i believe because he is as in the dark as the rest of us but.doesnt want to be caught out admitting it so is just hiding away until instructions come through.

I do pity those who think signings are imminent. It ain't happening folks.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I suppose what I’m saying from a personal point of view is that I’d be willing to pay for a full season ticket (imagine crowds were allowed as normal), then use a streaming link while it is still behind closed doors. 
Then there could be tiers of what fans could choose- I.E a streaming one for now, or no streams and then when fans are allowed in, to be able to attend matches. 

I’ll be paying for my ticket come what may. The club needs its supporters to do their one main job more than ever.

• Like 2

Just now, JHRover said:

The longer the inertia and lack of communication continues the more likely it is that people will get sick and fed up and either request/demand something back or failing that will simply refuse to buy one next year and be lost.

That is why it was so important for the issue to be thoroughly and competently addressed from the word go with clear options set out and a way of deferring compensation towards future tickets, those that we still haven't bothered putting on sale.

Anyhow, transfers. Id be amazed if Mowbray knew or had a budget by now. I suspect he had about 4 days after the season finished to tidy up before having a few weeks off before pre season. 

Waggott has done a disappearing act i believe because he is as in the dark as the rest of us but.doesnt want to be caught out admitting it so is just hiding away until instructions come through.

I do pity those who think signings are imminent. It ain't happening folks.

There’s people on here who have provided first hand info that we do have a budget and are making moves.

So either you’re saying those people are lying, you’ve been lay under a rock for the last week or you’re on the wind up? Which is it? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

There’s people on here who have provided first hand info that we do have a budget and are making moves.

So either you’re saying those people are lying, you’ve been lay under a rock for the last week or you’re on the wind up? Which is it? 

Or he's looked at the previous 8 yrs and made up his own mind? 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
8 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

To be fair, we don’t know any of these people from Adam, so they could well be posting duff information. As much as any of us might want these things to be true, there’s a chance they might not be....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

I’ll be paying for my ticket come what may. The club needs its supporters to do their one main job more than ever.

On the flip side, the responsibility shouldnt be piled on the supporters. Some may not feel the value or the point and that is fair enough. Some may not be in a financial position to be able to in these tough times which is understandable. Some may have safety fears or be vulnerable which again is totally fine. And some fans less committed than us 2 and others on here wont be as desperate to renew, which is fair enough, nothing wrong with that, I dont feel 100% comfortable with such a mentality to be honest, the club has gone down the route of "are you committed" enough in the last couple of years and missed sales targets because its not conducive to establishing a good relationship with fans, especially outside of the hardcore.

But you are further proof that there is scope there for the club to get some income in now to help with cash flow.

The main point is that some fans are clearly willing to buy a season ticket in spite of the unavoidable uncertainty, because guarantees can not be given, nor can they at any point in the near future really. Surely the club should use that to get some income in?

Just now, Paul Mani said:

It doesnt mean that these people are lying. Even if people are genuinely passing on information that they have heard, it doesnt mean that the information is true. Some will be passed on in good faith but wrong, some will be totally made up, maybe a small part will be true. Its silly season. Believing everything you read by anonymous posters on an internet messageboard would be very naive IMO.

And even if it is true, for example if Whiteman has been told that Mowbray has money to spend, that might all be part of the game to try and lure him in.

I am very much in the believe it when I see it mindset in terms of us having a budget (cant remember the supposed phrase for it in the meeting) or being proactive in making moves. Sounds like everyone is on their jollies and it wouldnt surprise me if the budget is still up in the air. Plus crucially we know what Venkys are like. Would be pleasantly surprised mind you if we signed someone anytime soon or indeed spent a decent amount without major sales!

9 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

To be fair, we don’t know any of these people from Adam, so they could well be posting duff information. As much as any of us might want these things to be true, there’s a chance they might not be....

Cheek, Ive  been on here since the early 2000s in one form or another ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Richard Oakley said:

Chaddy first tells us not to worry as pre-season is two weeks away. Then he tells us not to worry because the season start is way off. According to chaddy nothing has happened because everyone is on their holidays.I wonder how long he'll stick to that excuse. I wonder how other clubs have managed to make signings in such circumstances. How for example did our transfer out of Matty Platt get done? The club's policy is 'even better don't say anything'.

Perhaps chaddy can tell us:

if Mowbray now knows his transfer budget

if he believes any players will be signed before pre-season starts

if we have to sell players before we can bring anyone in

It would appear that Mowbray knows his budget if he meeting players and speaking to clubs about players from the info certain posters have posted on here. But the only way we will know if they do an interview with local paper or Rovers in house media. 

Rovers will have staff at the club who can authorised transfers like Cheston if Waggott was away. or Waggott could sign the paperwork whilst on holiday via Docusign if the club using that. 

didn't say everyone is on holiday but a number of staff from Rovers was away on Holiday like Waggott, Slivester, Gill and Mowbray last week. 

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

Agents on holiday during a transfer window ?

Really ? !

The window has been open for a week. Alot of Players are away on Holiday as you can see from their social media posts on different sites. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 hour ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Or he's looked at the previous 8 yrs and made up his own mind? 

Ahhh yeah. Great argument. Not! 

Not even true that btw. We’ve signed a number of players from June to the last day since Venkys came in. But let’s not let the truth get in the way of a good story hey? 

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Yep, let’s assume that all these fully grown men are lying. Makes sense ??

Edit - Tbf at least you’ve been honest enough to admit that you think the posters are lying though. 

Edited by Paul Mani

14 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Ahhh yeah. Great argument. Not! 

Not even true that btw. We’ve signed a number of players from June to the last day since Venkys came in. But let’s not let the truth get in the way of a good story hey? 

Given the absolute car crash that has been Venkys reign its hardly surprising people are sceptical of rumours on a message board. Get a grip. 

• Like 4