BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

8 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Given the absolute car crash that has been Venkys reign its hardly surprising people are sceptical of rumours on a message board. Get a grip. 

A grip of what? Your obsession with what’s gone before over what’s happening right now? No thanks ??

Edited by Paul Mani

14 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

The trouble was the bloke he brought into replace him made Raya look like Lev Yashin.

I don't disagree Raya is better, but the way some have talked of him, especially following the Arsenal and Man City link, you'd think he was Alisson. Yet when he was with us he made errors, wasn't dominant enough...some short memories have just been reminded. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

There’s people on here who have provided first hand info that we do have a budget and are making moves.

So either you’re saying those people are lying, you’ve been lay under a rock for the last week or you’re on the wind up? Which is it? 

'Making moves' can be done without having a budget.

As I suggested last week my opinion is, assuming the information about targets is correct, that Mowbray is approaching things in reverse order, hoping to get his ducks in a row ready for the approval to come through from India eventually.

He can target whoever he likes and even have tentative discussions with them but it is very different to cash changing hands.

We are good at talking. Its the doing part we struggle with.

But I am also very apprehensive and cynical about these supposed targets and how much truth there Is in them given the whereabouts of senior staff and information we have been given.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rev, most players and agents are holiday currently. 

Just be patient and time. Seasons on 12th September and the window is open longer this summer

Players and agents on holiday?!? 

Chaddy mate agents make the majority of there money during transfer windows so they can go on holiday.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

There’s people on here who have provided first hand info that we do have a budget and are making moves.

So either you’re saying those people are lying, you’ve been lay under a rock for the last week or you’re on the wind up? Which is it? 

Are defenders still coming?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dallydally said:

As ever. Overrated!

Massively.

Good keeper at this level, but you'd think we let Given walk out the door with some of the hand wringing that goes on here. 

Was it a mistake? Possibly - although by some accounts he wanted a massive pay rise / to leave anyway. It's not the only mistake ol' Tone has made and it won't be his last. 

1 hour ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Venkys are still very much happening to this club mate. They're the reason we're an absolute shit show. 

I've just watched two bang average teams battle it out bore me to tears for 120 minutes for a £160m prize and all I could think of (after I'd stopped laughing at Calamity Raya) is "bloody hell, how bad must we be?!"

Shite is the answer, unfortunately. Thanks Venkys. 

• Like 3

Brentford fans seem to really rate Raya and they just missed out on automatic promotion. He certainly had his weaknesses and was prone to a blunder but to still not have a permanent replacement (or a stronger defence) after a sale like that is criminal.

@chaddyroversThanks for confirming that everyone involved at the club with transfers has gone on holiday.My apologies for not qualifying my 'everyone'. You've said that you don't know, if Mowbray knows his budget. You hope the club will issue a statement clarifying this.

Do you think we'll sign anyone before pre-season starts? Do we have to sell before we can sign anyone?

@Paul Mani tells us that Venkys always put money in. @arbitro  posted a response he'd had from the Ticket Office describing the club as 'cash-strapped'. Another poster wrote that Venkys had stopped topping up the wages of furloughed staff as from the beginning of August. How much are our trade creditors now owed? How much is the State Bank of India owed? Why then has no attempt been made to raise funds from the sale of season tickets?@J H Rover has been attempting to get the community to question the non-sale of season tickets only to be poo-poohed. 

There is an attempt to make things look normal. Talking to a player. Enquiring about others. Allegedly making bids for players. A facade of normalcy. Yet, were things normal, there'd be staggered holidays so that business can occur. I'm wondering, if the proverbial fat lady is about to sing.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Rev - based on current COVID position - what would your suggestion be for a ST offer ?

I am genuinely interested - because I really struggle to think how they could structure it with everything so up in the air. The only thing I can think is one structured similar to the end of the season - i.e. ground closed to fans you get an iFollow pass for that match. Ground open - you are free to attend - but probably with social distancing (though they could be imaginative with family/friend bubbles - but that would take a bit of IT planning.). That would probably take some planning with both the FL and iFollow (they may even be looking into alternatives to iFollow)

Obviously that wouldn't suit those fans that can't (for whatever reason) get access to iFollow. For existing ST holders in that position - you could offer a season ticket for 10 matches - if we had more than 10 matches with fans in attendance - they would get priority for their own seat and at a reduced price. 

With regard budget - did Rovers not ask about a temporary half to fair play rules - maybe they are waiting on this ? I would imagine (with our current loss in revenue) we will surely break FFP rules this season without some form of player sale or relaxation of the rules..

With regard refunds - though everyone's financial circumstances are different - even before the iFollow offer, getting a refund never really crossed my mind. I suppose it depends on perspective - I see my ST paying for ground staff etc - not in anyway lining the pockets of our owners etc.

I posted last night what I would have done, it seems extremely obvious to me - get people signed up on direct debit at a lower rate commensurate with watching the early part of the season on I follow  (say half the rate of a normal season ticket)  and adjust the payments back to a normal rate once fans are allowed back in the ground.

We're probably one of a relatively small number of Clubs who shouldn't have to worry too much in the sense that more or less everyone who wants a ST should still be able to get one even with restricted capacity so I really can't see why we haven't rolled out some sort of scheme. It would have provided  an element of cashflow and I think there is a real danger the longer people go without hearing anything , they'll lose interest and not bother renewing.

Even if you signed people up for a pound a month initially while nothing is happening, they're committed for later on when things get back to near normality and have to take positive action to cancel if they're not happy with the price or what's on offer.

Even that would be better than doing nothing and leaving things up in the air indefinitely wondering whether anyone will eventually come back.

• Like 1