BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

39 minutes ago, Mike E said:

As a thought experiment, I swapped the amounts paid for these players in accordance with their Rovers performances/goal returns:

Dack £7m

Armstrong £5m

Gallagher £1.75m

Brereton £250k

Frankly, Gally still looks like a waste out of those 4 imo.

Dack was actually 750k, which is still a lot more than what BB is worth in my eyes.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Often caveat *”I’m not lining Venkys pockets” - You’re not pal, they’re picking up the clubs debt every year and if we’d all turn up, pay for a ticket then our ability to trade players would be increased via income and the ffp system.

And if we all boycotted maybe they would get the message and go away.

21 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

No one is beIng vocally supportive of them. But the FACT of the matter is that they do still put £7-8m (MILLION) of their own money into the club every year in spite of no obvious longstanding love for our club whilst some “Supporters” sit at home, refusing do the primary job of being a supporter - to support their club by putting their hand in their pockets to buy a ticket. In spite of them having the means and ability to do go to the match.

Often caveat *”I’m not lining Venkys pockets” - You’re not pal, they’re picking up the clubs debt every year and if we’d all turn up, pay for a ticket then our ability to trade players would be increased via income and the ffp system.

The irony of this is breathtaking. 

Are you talking about anyone in particular or just making huge generalisations? 

16 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Primary job - heard it all now.

Haha it literally is the primary job of the supporter to attend matches and roar on (support) their team.

Of course there are those who cannot attend for a multitude of reasons like they cannot afford it, are working, family etc. But when you boil it all down to what a supporter is...going to the match and supporting your team is your no.1 job.

13 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Are you talking about anyone in particular or just making huge generalisations? 

Wherever the cap fits mate. I saw a guy At the fans forum proudly announce to our manager and CEO that he was a boycotter (wore the title like a badge of honour) - then admitted that he goes to every game on complimentary tickets. SW looked like he wanted to knock him out. 

I threw up a little in my mouth.

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 1

Just now, Crimpshrine said:

And if we all boycotted maybe they would get the message and go away.

You have someone lined up to buy us have you, do you actually think there are loads of rich folk, consortiums etc waiting in the wings, I don’t think so. Took us a couple of years for the Walker trust to sell us, a premier league club, only 20 odd million and a sound club.

We all know what happened, mainly due to taking advice from a certain agent, unfortunately we cant turn the clock back, but folk wishing for us to go in administration, lose 12 points and get some chancer to take us forward need to get a grip.

The serious money people don’t want a club like Rovers, hemorrhaging money every week.Being  in the championship and steadily improving isn’t as bad as you think, sometimes better the devil you know, ask Wigan, Bolton, Bury fans.

• Like 5

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Wherever the cap fits mate. I saw a guy At the fans forum proudly announce to our manager and CEO that he was a boycotter (wore the title like a badge of honour) - then admitted that he goes to every game on complimentary tickets. SW looked like he wanted to knock him out. 

Fair play to him, if you didn't have to pay to watch it why would you. Perhaps Waggott should be listening to people like him then he might not miss his target for season tickets so badly 

I threw up a little in my mouth.

Funny that's how I will when I see people saying we should be thankful to the owners.

• Like 2

Just now, unsall said:

You have someone lined up to buy us have you, do you actually think there are loads of rich folk, consortiums etc waiting in the wings, I don’t think so. Took us a couple of years for the Walker trust to sell us, a premier league club, only 20 odd million and a sound club.

We all know what happened, mainly due to taking advice from a certain agent, unfortunately we cant turn the clock back, but folk wishing for us to go in administration, lose 12 points and get some chancer to take us forward need to get a grip.

The serious money people don’t want a club like Rovers, hemorrhaging money every week.Being  in the championship and steadily improving isn’t as bad as you think, sometimes better the devil you know, ask Wigan, Bolton, Bury fans.

Argh it’s a ridiculous argument Isn’t it. No one in their right mind would take us on. Go and ask Wigan, Bury and Bolton fans if they’d take Venkys over what they’ve suffered. They’d snap your hand off.

Haha it literally is the primary job of the supporter to attend matches and roar on (support) their team.

Of course there are those who cannot attend for a multitude of reasons like they cannot afford it, are working, family etc. But when you boil it all down to what a supporter is...going to the match and supporting your team is your no.1 job.

Job is totally the wrong word.

Edit: I wrote out a long couple of paragraphs explaining why and it ended up bringing up emotions that are still raw to this day. So decided to delete them. Its been done to death and I think you should just leave it there before stirring things up again. Accept it, some will never return until they are gone (awaits the "until we are PL again" response).  

• Like 3

Argh it’s a ridiculous argument Isn’t it. No one in their right mind would take us on. Go and ask Wigan, Bury and Bolton fans if they’d take Venkys over what they’ve suffered. They’d snap your hand off.

And how make clubs wouldn't snap your hand of to have Venkys. A lot more than 3 I would wager.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, unsall said:

So what is the alternative that you are waiting for? That one day we might stumble on PL? 

I realise that going into admin will put us back but it will also give us a future and give us our club back. What future do we have under this lot? What are we actually doing? We are just bumbling along with no real hope of ever doing more than what we are now. We hire unambitious managers that run the club from top to bottom and even hire their own bosses. There is no direction from the owners, no nothing. They just put a few mil in each season as if to swat us away.

And they expect fans to buy into it?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Fair play to him, if you didn't have to pay to watch it why would you. Perhaps Waggott should be listening to people like him then he might not miss his target for season tickets so badly 

Funny that's how I will when I see people saying we should be thankful to the owners.

Wow, I’ve categorically said that I am not in any way in favour of Venkys or what they’ve done to our club. 

Your attitude to the ticket situation is sad. If you don’t see the problem with someone playing the martyr whilst getting in on free tickets then the cap obv does fit you sir. SW couldn’t save either of you it would seem.

FYI - As you asked. I’ve had a season ticket most years since 1993. I could’ve watched most home games for free during that time. But Iv always felt a responsibility to do my bit. To contribute. 

Edited by Paul Mani

4 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Edit: I wrote out a long couple of paragraphs explaining why and it ended up bringing up emotions that are still raw to this day. So decided to delete them. Its been done to death and I think you should just leave it there before stirring things up again. Accept it, some will never return until they are gone (awaits the "until we are PL again" response).  

Sound. That’s your opinion and I have mine. 

8 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Primary function?

Your attitude to the ticket situation is sad. If you don’t see the problem with someone playing the martyr whilst getting in on free tickets then the cap obv does fit you sir. SW couldn’t save either of you it would seem.

I've never had a complimentary ticket to a sporting event it my life so you are completely wrong there. 

FYI - As you asked. I’ve had a season most years since 1993. I could’ve watched most home games for free during that time. But Iv always felt a responsibility to do my bit. To contribute. 

FYI- I didn't ask but you gave yourself a chance to get another boast in.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, unsall said:

I'm not completely against you on the ownership issue but on the pitch we aren't "steadily improving" though.

A negligible increase in the points tally is being used to mask the glaring deficiencies appearing in the squad.

We finished nowhere the first season back after promotion from League 1 and we finished nowhere last season. Surely after first season consolidation you'd expect a significant improvement as a matter of course?

We didn't see that, we just saw the same disappointing level of performance as the season before which is deeply dispiriting.

• Like 3

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Who buying us? 

So you want to start all over again in north west counties league then? 

These day's I much prefer going to watch non-league games than watching Championship or Premiership football. It's proper football not the sanitized products that the top leagues have become. 

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'm not completely against you on the ownership issue but on the pitch we aren't "steadily improving" though.

A negligible increase in the points tally is being used to mask the glaring deficiencies appearing in the squad.

We finished nowhere the first season back after promotion from League 1 and we finished nowhere last season. Surely after first season consolidation you'd expect a significant improvement as a matter of course?

We didn't see that, we just saw the same disappointing level of performance as the season before which is deeply dispiriting.

But we are tho improving tho. 

We finish 11th and that's half a season without Dack aswell. 

We scored more goals than the season before yet half a season without Dack and Graham's role with the team being less. 

So that's it is improvement isn't it? 

Must be nothing going on transfer wise if we're reduced to bickering about the merits or otherwise of the owners for the gazillionth time.

Apologies if this has already been discussed but would Chris Martin who has been released by Derby be any good for us? Or is he out of our League wages wise/ the striking equivalent of Bradley Johnson here for one last pay day/not someone we need with Dack/Armstrong/ Brereton/ Gallagher already on the books?

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

These day's I much prefer going to watch non-league games than watching Championship or Premiership football. It's proper football not the sanitized products that the top leagues have become. 

I rather watched Premier League or Championship game any day of the week. Don't mind watching the odd game of league 1 or 2 a season but wouldn't want that football every week of the season. That's why I was very happy getting out of league 1 at the first attempt under Mowbray like we did. Look at Sunderland who are league 1 for a 3rd season or how long it took Leeds or Sheffield United to get out of league 1. 

I wouldn't have minded watching Dunn's Barrow team in a couple of games as long as Rovers weren't playing. That's not going to happen this season due to Covid

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But we are tho improving tho. 

We finish 11th and that's half a season without Dack aswell. 

We scored more goals than the season before yet half a season without Dack and Graham's role with the team being less. 

So that's it is improvement isn't it? 

sigh

• Like 2