BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I rather watched Premier League or Championship game any day of the week. Don't mind watching the odd game of league 1 or 2 a season but wouldn't want that football every week of the season. That's why I was very happy getting out of league 1 at the first attempt under Mowbray like we did. Look at Sunderland who are league 1 for a 3rd season or how long it took Leeds or Sheffield United to get out of league 1. 

I wouldn't have minded watching Dunn's Barrow team in a couple of games as long as Rovers weren't playing. That's not going to happen this season due to Covid

So you wouldnt watch us if we started all over again?

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Must be nothing going on transfer wise if we're reduced to bickering about the merits or otherwise of the owners for the gazillionth time.

Apologies if this has already been discussed but would Chris Martin who has been released by Derby be any good for us? Or is he out of our League wages wise/ the striking equivalent of Bradley Johnson here for one last pay day/not someone we need with Dack/Armstrong/ Brereton/ Gallagher already on the books?

Hes same age as Graham isn't he?

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But we are tho improving tho. 

We finish 11th and that's half a season without Dack aswell. 

We scored more goals than the season before yet half a season without Dack and Graham's role with the team being less. 

So that's it is improvement isn't it? 

We "improved" by three points yes. One result, either way, hardly evidence of massive improvement.

Don't know what you want me to say to that really, even if a similar marginal rate of improvement in the points tally could be guaranteed each season it would take another four or five seasons before we even broke into the play offs.

We "improved" by three points yes. One result, either way, hardly evidence of massive improvement.

Don't know what you want me to say to that really, even if a similar marginal rate of improvement in the points tally could be guaranteed each season it would take another four or five seasons before we even broke into the play offs.

Slow build and all that. Probably still be after a goalie and lb in 4-5 years too,

But you missed the factor of Dack missing for half a season and we improved. We improved our goals scored aswell.

Like if you took Grabban out of Forest team for half of a season they would be mid/lower half of table. 

Brentford take Watkins out of that team for 6 months they would be mid table. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I rather watched Premier League or Championship game any day of the week. Don't mind watching the odd game of league 1 or 2 a season but wouldn't want that football every week of the season. That's why I was very happy getting out of league 1 at the first attempt under Mowbray like we did. Look at Sunderland who are league 1 for a 3rd season or how long it took Leeds or Sheffield United to get out of league 1. 

I wouldn't have minded watching Dunn's Barrow team in a couple of games as long as Rovers weren't playing. That's not going to happen this season due to Covid

I'm not talking about League 1 or League 2 but the National League and below. I find going watch that a much more enjoyable experience than watching the Championship or Premiership. I've been to more non-league games the last few seasons than Rovers games despite having a season ticket although I had already decided pre covid that I would not be renewing for the coming season. 

44 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Fair play to him, if you didn't have to pay to watch it why would you. Perhaps Waggott should be listening to people like him then he might not miss his target for season tickets so badly 

Funny that's how I will when I see people saying we should be thankful to the owners.

I just simply proved that I have and I would...it’s a fact just like Venkys putting £7-8m a year into our club is a fact. 

14 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Must be nothing going on transfer wise if we're reduced to bickering about the merits or otherwise of the owners for the gazillionth time.

Apologies if this has already been discussed but would Chris Martin who has been released by Derby be any good for us? Or is he out of our League wages wise/ the striking equivalent of Bradley Johnson here for one last pay day/not someone we need with Dack/Armstrong/ Brereton/ Gallagher already on the books?

Thank you, Revidge, for getting some footie talk going on this thread again.

I would love to see this team stay intact (Arma, Dacky, Lenihan, Travis, et al), and add key new personnel at the 3 spots previously mentioned. I believe we would move into one of those playoff spots, and be where we haven’t been in at least five seasons... finish in the top 10, with a legit push to get back into the PL.

btw, when I took my tour at Ewood in September, Jenny, who has been at the club since 1996, said the owners put £1 mil/month into the club. That just keeps the doors open, and pays necessary expenses. We don’t have to love the owners, but they keep the club going that we love. 

Edited by WacoRover
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But you missed the factor of Dack missing for half a season and we improved. We improved our goals scored aswell.

Like if you took Grabban out of Forest team for half of a season they would be mid/lower half of table. 

Brentford take Watkins out of that team for 6 months they would be mid table. 

We conceded 63 goals chaddy. Lets not forget that or make out that Dacks injury was what cost us a play off place.

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

We conceded 63 goals chaddy. Lets not forget that or make out that Dacks injury was what cost us a play off place.

Absolutely correct about conceding those goals. Serious question though...if Dack HAD been playing since Christmas, how many points do you think he could’ve won us? I’m thinking about those tight games that we drew or lost...by a goal. 3pts? 5pts? 7ptd or 10? My guess is 5pts which leaves us 2pts outside the top 6.

So Chaddys point about Dack is relevant.

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Absolutely correct about conceding those goals. Serious question though...if Dack HAD been playing since Christmas, how many points do you think he could’ve won us? I’m thinking about those tight games that we drew or lost...by a goal. 3pts? 5pts? 7ptd or 10? My guess is 5pts which leaves us 2pts outside the top 6.

But is Armstrong scoring all those goals if Dack is fit? He hasn't scored that amount goals before when he has played in the same team as Dack. But it's all hypothetical, injuries are part of football and the table at the end of the season doesn't lie. 

• Like 2

We will never know, not enough to get us into the play offs though. That wont happen while we treat the defensive side with such little priority.

Its hard to be to sympathetic considering that we had 12m worth of strikers that couldnt even partially fill that void. 

You need to factor in every other injured player in the league though, surely. I expect after that we would be roughly where we are.  Defending Mowbrays "progress" and venkys in on the same page......Mind Blowing

• Like 1

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

But is Armstrong scoring all those goals if Dack is fit? He hasn't scored that amount goals before when he has played in the same team as Dack. But it's all hypothetical, injuries are part of football and the table at the end of the season doesn't lie. 

You make a good point. I’m not sure if Armstrong does....but I think if you asked any club if losing their main man would effect their chances adversely of gaining points they’d say yes.

Dack is a million % our best player. His injury definitely took points off us imo. 

8 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I'm not talking about League 1 or League 2 but the National League and below. I find going watch that a much more enjoyable experience than watching the Championship or Premiership. I've been to more non-league games the last few seasons than Rovers games despite having a season ticket although I had already decided pre covid that I would not be renewing for the coming season. 

Well I have zero interest in non-league football Ewood sadly. 

I am Rovers fan and I watch my team play. Don't mind attend the odd non Rovers game but deffo couldnt do regular

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Which was 6 less than the season before.

Dack's injury had an massive impact on our season so please don't keep dismissing it. 

3 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

We never know until they play together we will? 

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Why don't you also point out why the club needs that money put into it every year?

Because we’re not in the PL? Because The Walkers sold out to some absolute nutters? Because someone believed JA and SK? Because our owners didn’t know we could be relegated before they bought us? The list is endless...

But lots of people make big huge whopping mistakes and just simply shrug their shoulders and walk away. For whatever reason this lot pour cash in and have done for a decade. 

• Like 1