BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Well I have zero interest in non-league football Ewood sadly. 

I am Rovers fan and I watch my team play. Don't mind attend the odd non Rovers game but deffo couldnt do regular

Which was 6 less than the season before.

Dack's injury had an massive impact on our season so please don't keep dismissing it. 

Its all hypothetical and excuses. If mt aunty had balls shed be my uncle. Would Armstrong have had the run he had with Dack in the team? Possibly not. Shouldnt 12m worth of strikers have filled some of the void? Definitely.

We conceded a bottom half level of goals, 13th in the league. Any improvement was primarily due to Adarabioyo so thus any minimal "progress" in that regard has already been removed again with him returning back to City.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Its all hypothetical and excuses. If mt aunty had balls shed be my uncle. Would Armstrong have had the run he had with Dack in the team? Possibly not. Shouldnt 12m worth of strikers have filled some of the void? Definitely.

We conceded a bottom half level of goals, 13th in the league. Any improvement was primarily due to Adarabioyo so thus any minimal "progress" in that regard has already been removed again with him returning back to City.

Hmmm....yeeeee-no it’s not. Dack is our best player and talisman. You can skirt around it all you like but the stats don’t lie. The likelihood is that we would’ve accumulated more points if he were fit. 

• Like 2

Dack's injury had an massive impact on our season so please don't keep dismissing it. 

But all sides get injuries Chaddy. Take Bristol City who finished one place behind us they had Afobe out injured for nearly the whole season, if he's fit we might well have finished 12th. Preston had Daniel Johnson injured for a while if he's fit they probably pick up a few more points so even with a fit Dack we may not have caught them. Lolley at Forest picked up a knock towards the end of the season if he stays fit they probably score that one extra goal to make the play offs and we end up even further away from them. 

Every club will look back on injuries sustained over the course of the season and curse their luck but that's football, all sides get injuries but at the end of the day the league table over 46 games does not lie.

We never know until they play together we will? 

They been playing together for 2 and half years.

• Like 4

Just now, Tom said:

Pretty sure they have played together!

We obviously missed Dack, anyone would miss his talent and energy, think it’s fair to say Armstrong thrives in his absence though in a way we haven’t seen as much pre Dack injury 

I meant as a partnership up front..which we havent seen properly.

Just now, Tom said:

Pretty sure they have played together!

We obviously missed Dack, anyone would miss his talent and energy, think it’s fair to say Armstrong thrives in his absence though in a way we haven’t seen as much pre Dack injury 

Ps tin hat time but as much as Venkys put us in this scenario I’m glad they are stupid enough to keep paying the bills, the wider world is scary right now and unless there’s the perfect buyer in waiting the alternatives are worrying 

That is the most sense I’ve seen on here for a long time. Great post.

• Like 5

Just now, Tom said:

Ps tin hat time but as much as Venkys put us in this scenario I’m glad they are stupid enough to keep paying the bills, the wider world is scary right now and unless there’s the perfect buyer in waiting the alternatives are worrying 

Exactly Tom..and haven't you met Balaji in Pune during your time on fans forum?

Of course Dack’s injury affected is, so did Evans’ (surprising or not), Lenihan’s did last season and so on and so on.  I believe the short term signings of Downing, Adarabiyo, Johnson, Holtby plus the longer term one of Gallagher, all one relatively big wages were done with the plan that they’d get us into the play offs, not to get us 3 extra points and a few more goals and this means that this season and last summer’s recruitment were failures.  Losing Ada plus Downing (possibly and if he does re sign there’s a good chance of him being less useful) and Johnson being another year older counts against any progress.  We need to do a lot better this summer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kie_BRFC said:

Funny that, I don't remember us being in the top 6 in the first half of the season with Dack fully fit

Or ever!

It’s so simplistic to say ‘if Dack was fit we’d have x more points and we’d have been in the play offs’. It just doesn’t work like that and so many other variables come into it (for a start the manager hasn’t shown he’s capable of even entering the top 6 with us). 

• Like 4

Just now, Kie_BRFC said:

Funny that, I don't remember us being in the top 6 in the first half of the season with Dack fully fit

As long as in top 6 after 46 games that's all matters. Ask Swansea that one. 

Cardiff wasn't in the top 6 until game 39. 

Forest spent the majority of the season in top 6 and after 46 games wasn't in top 6 when it matters..

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Such a flimsy defence of a signing, that other teams have wasted money. Obviously they will have done. No one is saying that it is impossible to not make poor signings but equally it doesnt justify doing so.

You say Gallagher played out of position but that only further warrants criticism on Mowbrays point for signing him.

He has been a poor signing. Brereton has been a really poor signing. Equally, Dack and Armstrong have been very good signings, you dont see people saying "yeah but other teams have found bargains too" do you?

Would you agree though that whilst I agree Brereton has been poor but up until lockdown in my opinon but since the season restarted he has looked a lot stronger on the ball, made some good runs and at least has potential to push on next season? 

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

As long as in top 6 after 46 games that's all matters. Ask Swansea that one. 

Cardiff wasn't in the top 6 until game 39. 

Forest spent the majority of the season in top 6 and after 46 games wasn't in top 6 when it matters..

And we never got there at all!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Never known a time when so many decent players were available on frees. 

They are definitely there if TM gets it right this time (fingers crossed, tin hat ready) 

• Moderation Lead
8 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

CAN I JUST STATE ONCE AND FOR ALL THAT IM NOT THANKFUL TO THE OWNERS I AM JUST POINTING OUT THET THEY DO IN FACT PUT £7-8M PER YEAR INTO OUR CLUB. ????

I’m also delighted they are doing the bare minimum expected of them as owners of the club....

• Like 4

Brad Smith was highly rated at one point. So much so that Liverpool put a buy back clause in when they sold him to Bournemouth. Not sure why it has not worked out there and he only played 3 games for Cardiff when on loan for second half of season. 

Think I would prefer Cunningham back.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I'm delighted they appointed Coyle and took us to L1. We are truly blessed. 

It's ok they pay the bills so they can play russian roulette with the club, as long as they leave the lights on ?

• Like 1

The downfall of any sympathy that may have gathered was of course the appointment of Coyle.  Coupled with the continuing affiliates of said agency providing ALL our managers. Probably quite a few players and other staff throughout the club as well.

Whilst that kind of thing remains suspicion remains that vulchers are still waiting in the wings making a quick buck, with what you can only assume is the blessing of the owners. Or one of them at least. Those gobshites continually looking to blame the fans need to take a step back or just do one altogether to be honest.

Don't bite, some of them are turning it on its head on purpose to deflect the questioning of the manager etc, you're being played.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'm not completely against you on the ownership issue but on the pitch we aren't "steadily improving" though.

A negligible increase in the points tally is being used to mask the glaring deficiencies appearing in the squad.

We finished nowhere the first season back after promotion from League 1 and we finished nowhere last season. Surely after first season consolidation you'd expect a significant improvement as a matter of course?

We didn't see that, we just saw the same disappointing level of performance as the season before which is deeply dispiriting.

I've just been reading an article regarding Fulham and Scott Parker. Joe Bryan is praising Parker for eradicating the " Losing Culture " at the club and bringing in " great expectations ".

In my opinion the "Losing Culture" crept into Ewood Park after the removal of Big Sam and the appointment of Kean. None of our subsequent managers have succeeded in doing what Parker has done at Fulham and bringing in a winning culture. Nobody at the club has " great expectations " anymore.

You could say the " Losing Culture " came in through the door with the Chicken Chokers and it has never left.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

But all sides get injuries Chaddy. Take Bristol City who finished one place behind us they had Afobe out injured for nearly the whole season, if he's fit we might well have finished 12th. Preston had Daniel Johnson injured for a while if he's fit they probably pick up a few more points so even with a fit Dack we may not have caught them. Lolley at Forest picked up a knock towards the end of the season if he stays fit they probably score that one extra goal to make the play offs and we end up even further away from them. 

Every club will look back on injuries sustained over the course of the season and curse their luck but that's football, all sides get injuries but at the end of the day the league table over 46 games does not lie.

They been playing together for 2 and half years.

And we'd two oven ready turkeys plus Holtby that should have been able to step in and make up for us losing Dack- but they didn't.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2