BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Is there any suggestion that Cardiff are going to sell Cunningham?

Warnock let him here on loan. Since then Harris has taken over but hasn't yet had the opportunity to use him due to his injury.

Even if he was available are we going to be willing to pay him what Cardiff are?

Unlikely IMO 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Phillips, Ayala, Cunningham, Whiteman and Jozwiak and I reckon top 6 is easily attainable. 

I can see Phillips, Cunningham and Whiteman being signed within the next 10 days. 

I’m taking you’ve heard something extremely positive to state this, as I can’t see that happening in a million years. Though would be very pleased if it happened.

Edited by TruRover
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

An official statement? Has there been? Really? Don't recall that.Do you mean someone asked Mowbray and he answered? 

I remember people looking at money lodged by the parent company and coming to their own conclusions. As they have done again recently enough from my recollection. 

Yes, there has been an official statement, every year but this. You are trying to make out that Venkys changing what they've done each new club fiscal year is no big deal. It is a big deal.

@phili Why would we be in administration?

10 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

Yes, there has been an official statement, every year but this. You are trying to make out that Venkys changing what they've done each new club fiscal year is no big deal. It is a big deal.

There hasn't been an official statement as such. Rather when the club accounts or Venkys London accounts are released there is a sentence in there that states that the owners are committed to funding the club for the next 12 months as a minimum. It usually appears along with the expectation that the overdraft facility will be renewed.

Without going and checking I am fairly sure that was in the most recent set of accounts.

End of the day there's nothing anyone on here can do about it if they decide to turn off the money tap. The club would likely be in admin within a couple of months unless player sales plugged losses.

Go into admin and the administrators take control from Venkys and go through the books with a tooth comb. Venkys would either have to walk away with nothing or try and demand some sort of repayment but given the state the club is in they wouldn't get 20% of their 'debt'. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

Without the statement from VH Group committing to funding for an additional 12 months, the accounts would not be approved by the auditors, without this the business would thus no longer be classed as a going concern and the business would have to enter administration. As a director you have a fiduciary responsibility to act in a certain way.

• Like 1

I was under the impression they had to give those standard guarantees in order to get the accounts signed off ?

Might be wrong although even if not it wouldn't stop them pulling the plug if they had to.  I think in order for them to pull the plug the issue would have to be forced somehow so that had something to blame it on.

Otherwise it's odds on it would be a long slow squeeze then a quiet backdoor exit.

59 minutes ago, rigger said:

It’s more like TM face saving because he realises he bought a pup.

Sounds a bit conspiracy theory for me that one. Pretending players are injured is usually more about covering up that they're about to move clubs.

And I don't credit TM with having figured out he bought a shite player. Especially when he had been looking less shite if anything.

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I was under the impression they had to give those standard guarantees in order to get the accounts signed off ?

Might be wrong although even if not it wouldn't stop them pulling the plug if they had to.  I think in order for them to pull the plug the issue would have to be forced somehow so that had something to blame it on.

Otherwise it's odds on it would be a long slow squeeze then a quiet backdoor exit.

What normally happens with a loss making business is the following:

1. Auditors will ask the company for a forward projection for the next year.

2. If still loss making, auditors will ask the shareholders how they will fund losses to profitability or for the next year.

3. Auditors will then ask for written confirmation from shareholders that they will cover the losses as well as evidence of funds.

4. If Auditors are happy with answers and evidence of the above they will sign off the accounts. If they are not happy or evidence has not been forthcoming then there is a set procedure to follow. That has not happened so we can assume the auditors are happy and have approved the accounts.

This does not mean they have to fund the company for the next year as there are lots of wriggle room out of it. 

But during a transfer window there is absolutely no chance of either Venky's or the Bank of India placing us into administration.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Sounds a bit conspiracy theory for me that one. Pretending players are injured is usually more about covering up that they're about to move clubs.

And I don't credit TM with having figured out he bought a shite player. Especially when he had been looking less shite if anything.

You have your ideas, I have mine let’s leave it at that.

Just now, rigger said:

I will ask you the same question . What was his injury?

I mean google can help if you're that curious, but:

Amari'i Bell is back in first-team training, but Tony Mowbray doesn't expect he nor Tosin Adarabioyo to feature in Blackburn Rovers' final day fixture against Luton Town.

Bell has been absent throughout Project Restart, nursing a muscle injury that has prevented him from featuring in the past eight matches.

(20th July)

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-graham-bell-luton-18627979

Just now, bluebruce said:

Amari'i Bell is back in first-team training, but Tony Mowbray doesn't expect he nor Tosin Adarabioyo to feature in Blackburn Rovers' final day fixture against Luton Town.

Bell has been absent throughout Project Restart, nursing a muscle injury that has prevented him from featuring in the past eight matches.

(20th July)

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-graham-bell-luton-18627979

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53350148

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

(20th July)

We haven’t had a game since mid March and we have a player out with a muscle problem 3 months later. Personally I find that hard to believe. But that is just my suspicion mind. All Elvis quotes welcome.

The End.