BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Just now, rigger said:

We haven’t had a game since mid March and we have a player out with a muscle problem 3 months later. Personally I find that hard to believe. But that is just my suspicion mind. All Elvis quotes welcome.

The End.

Might have gone to a few of Walker's lockdown home parties.

On 16/07/2020 at 16:24, Amo said:

They do use some muscles in training you know. In fact I am amazed at how many injuries to footballers in general are picked up in training.

Edited by bazza

5 minutes ago, rigger said:

We haven’t had a game since mid March and we have a player out with a muscle problem 3 months later. Personally I find that hard to believe. But that is just my suspicion mind. All Elvis quotes welcome.

The End.

n reply to thisI

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

The End.

Two players. Williams too. Injuries can happen at any time, at any stage of fitness. The enforced break probably resulted in some players not taking care of themselves enough, or maybe even pushing too hard. We get injuries in pre-season all the time, and that's after months of not playing too.

12 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Remember when we had a side of international captains? Friedel, Tugay, Mokoena, Savage, Samba, Nelsen, Pedersen, Neill all captained their international sides at some point which is pretty incredible.

Then include the likes of Bellamy, Dickov, Kuqi, Todd, Warnock, Reid, and others that escape me and you've got a team full of real hard bastards all over the pitch!

Happy days....

6 hours ago, briansol said:

Not Peacock or Dailly, but a proper defender and leader like Craig Short would do. Listened to Friedel on Roverschat podcast and he was very clear on how important it was to have a leader like him heading away balls in the Championship. He also said Gary Flitcroft was very undervalued for being a great leader put demand on the team as well as giving praise when needed. We've been missing a quality midfield enforcer for a long time. Maybe Travis can grow into the role, but the impression I get from the other players he might not be the brightest to have that respect from the others.

Flitcroft was a class act. A top player and a brilliant captain. Vastly underrated. One of my favourite ever players.

• Like 6

Just now, Bohinen 22 said:

Flitcroft was a class act. A top player and a brilliant captain. Vastly underrated. One of my favourite ever players.

Flitcroft would have absolutely destroyed Bradley Johnson for being a useless lazy twonk if he played alongside him . That's what we miss. Too many 'good humans' and not enough players with an edge.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

Never known a time when so many decent players were available on frees. 

They are definitely there if TM gets it right this time (fingers crossed, tin hat ready) 

Yes there is some good players out there whether out of contract, possible cheap fee or possible loan deals. 

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

You've moved away from your own argument

There is no evidence at all that even with Dack, we would have got into the play offs. Even this pie in the sky hope that we would sneak in last minute against all probability and previous evidence. A bottom half defensive record doesnt help!

No I haven't at all. 

Well without Dack in the team for half a season we improved our goal record. Plus Graham not part of starting lineup much. Armstrong step up to the mark and produce the goods. Imagine if Dack was available we might produce better results and get that top 6. 

Our goal conceded was better than last pre Covid lockdown but after the lockdown Walton was pathetic. If you look at the stats used by Rovers Chat YouTube videos back this up. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Yes there is some good players out there whether out of contract, possible cheap fee or possible loan deals. 

No I haven't at all. 

Well without Dack in the team for half a season we improved our goal record. Plus Graham not part of starting lineup much. Armstrong step up to the mark and produce the goods. Imagine if Dack was available we might produce better results and get that top 6. 

Our goal conceded was better than last pre Covid lockdown but after the lockdown Walton was pathetic. If you look at the stats used by Rovers Chat YouTube videos back this up. 

Last season he was available and we went on our worst ever losing streak. I seem to remember Armstrong and Graham also being available, as well as Reed etc so not sure you can say anything about us getting into the playoffs with a fit Dack this season..  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, phili said:

Last season he was available and we went on our worst ever losing streak. I seem to remember Armstrong and Graham also being available, as well as Reed etc so not sure you can say anything about us getting into the playoffs with a fit Dack this season..  

I am discussing the 19/20 season which my argument is about. 

5 minutes ago, phili said:

Not to mention, getting a true LB and a decent ‘keeper. It can be done! 

If you look at this year according to Venky's London Limited they have given the us £19m for the past season, with £4m being added in 2 months ago to cover Covid Costs. Normally they add £9m in August/September and £5m in January as our lump sum injections each year. So we would expect a share issue at some point in the next few weeks to fund things. With no season ticket income at the minute, we will need a cash injection of £15m in the next 2 weeks followed by £9m in January to keep us at the same level of funding as this year. 

• Like 2

Back to the crazy days finance wise in terms of what is needed. 

I'm truly amazed we've any kind of budget without a big sale or two and i'll be surprised if there's been no emergency borrowing going on.  It's a big big call to expect them to chuck in that much.

Edited by tomphil

47 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No I haven't at all. 

But Walton was part of our team last season which was on Mowbray. The team we had last year even with a fit Dack had no evidence of being capable of becoming a top 6 side. Lets not pretend otherwise.

• Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

Back to the crazy days finance wise in terms of what is needed. 

I'm truly amazed we've any kind of budget without a big sale or two.  

If you think about it from 01/06/20 to 01/06/21 they are likely to have had to do share issues to the tune of £30m to keep the lights on. With that £30m you would have a £2-3m transfer budget and a wage budget no bigger than this season. If you want more you will need to fund from player sales.

With that sort of funding to keep the lights on i would want promotion next season as a guarantee of funding.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, phili said:

If you think about it from 01/06/20 to 01/06/21 they are likely to have had to do share issues to the tune of £30m to keep the lights on. With that £30m you would have a £2-3m transfer budget and a wage budget no bigger than this season. If you want more you will need to fund from player sales.

With that sort of funding to keep the lights on i would want promotion next season as a guarantee of funding.

Always got the impression they are comfortable pouring around 10 million in per season. Surely even for them though when you are doubling or even trebling it again it'll cause problems.

1 season alone in the Prem would reset the finances for about 5 years as long as they didn't go crazy and kept the Andersons & Kean types away.  No urgency for that though.

Edited by tomphil

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

But Walton was part of our team last season which was on Mowbray. The team we had last year even with a fit Dack had no evidence of being capable of becoming a top 6 side. Lets not pretend otherwise.

And up to the lockdown we were on course to improve the defence massively compare to the previous season. 

Thats an opinion not fact. In My Opinion, which my point is about I think with a fully fit Dack we would have finish higher and possible in top 6. (Thats my opinion)

Just now, tomphil said:

Always got the impression they are comfortable pouring around 10 million in per season. Surely even for them though when you are doubling or even trebling it again it'll cause problems.

1 season alone would reset the finances for about 5 years as long as they didn't go crazy and kept the Andersons & Kean types away.  No urgency for that though.

I think this is the season we have to get promotion, the £15m share issue in the next few weeks will pop their total share issue on Rovers to £200m. At that point we have to start to be looking at being promoted this season. At some point they will start listening to the accountants in VH Group or have an interest they are i all passionate about investing in and at that point our time is up.

• Like 1