BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

17 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Arma or Trav. Likely the former. Don’t think Lenihan would fetch that, while Nyambe only has a year left on his deal.

Don't see Travis attracting a starter bid of 10 million yet. Literally only Arma and Dack where the initial bidding could start at that amount, especially right now. I'd say it's most likely to be Arma if it's real.

Whilst it might take 10 mill to prise Travis away (probably not though tbh, we sell low if it isn't our chief asset) I can't see an opening bid for him being any more than around 5 million in the current climate. Which hopefully we would reject outright.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 2

It must be Armstrong. The only two players we have worth £10 Million+ are Armstrong and Dack but I can't see a side in the current financial climate risking that on Dack due to his injury. If it is for Armstrong I wouldn't sell he's only going to get better and this time next year he could well be worth closer to £20 Million. If a £10 Million is for anyone but Dack or Armstrong then we should take it because whoever is offering that would be overpaying. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I don't want to yet but if it doesn't happen I will name him and admit the information was wrong.

Wait, is the info you have heard that we have accepted a bid? Because you wouldn't necessarily be wrong just because the player isn't sold, if your info was only that we have had a bid.

12 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

A minuscule percentage of players wouldn't recover from it and that's what medicals are for. If it's not him, it's Armstrong. Nobody else would invite a bit of half that amount. 

Well nobody is bidding for Dack until he’s proved his fitness. Anyway, as I say, I assume it’s Arma too (if indeed there is a bid for someone).

Just now, Madon said:

What are everyone's thoughts on £10m for Arma?

It's a big no from me - depends what our ambitions are for this season I suppose!

Shouldn’t even be considered. 

Next summer will be a massacre if we aren’t where we want to be. But this summer the talent we actually have has to stay put.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Boz said:

£10m Arma and Watford, was the rumour I heard.

Pretty sure that Abitro's story about the £10 million bid emerged BEFORE Watford were relegated. So unless they were bidding on players like Armstrong when potentially in the Premier League I'd say unlikely. Also managerless and making changes behind the scenes.

IMO Armstrong will be worth 20 million next season, which is why selling him for 10 this summer would be a massive mistake. His 16 goal tally this season was impressive, especially when you consider he played the majority of the season out wide, missed a high amount of ‘easy’ chances and was only really on form in the 2nd half of the season. 

If he was to lead the line for us, hit the ground running from the start and put away even a small % of the easier chances he tends to miss (which I believe he will get better at with experience) then he will easily be worth 20m next summer, maybe even more when you consider that Watkins is being valued at 25m. 

• Like 2

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

15m and I would sell him

That money would go to another Brereton/Gallagher type gambit, with the rest to soak up debt and losses. We wouldn't progress. It would still be a no from me as a fan who wants us to go up, but the financial reality may mean we have to take a bid of that figure.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

Not trying to downplay anyone,  but why is this £10 million bid being treated as a definite when most other talk gets thrown out as rumour? Happy to be proved wrong. Especially if said bid is for Bell...

Ding Dong.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

More chance it's Dack now, than Travis. 

Could well be undisclosed initial fee and a deal rumored to up to 10 million if it's him. Nobody is committing that much without covering themselves.  

Remember similar with Scott Dann coming here, 7 million figure put out to pacify Brum fans. Facts were about 1.5 mill up front and an enormous set of add on's because he wasn't fit when we signed him but they needed rid.

• Like 1