BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

why wouldn't he sign that? 

Plays his best football under Mowbray, Key player to the team and I would be make him our top earner at the club

Because it’s not it his interests to. Basic negotiation tactics from AA and his agent to insist on one.

He knows he is becoming hot property, the advantage is with him, he can run his existing contract down and get a free transfer and mega wages,  ‘so you want us to sign a long term deal to protect your asset? Fine, but there’s a release clause being put in there’

Don’t become an agent, Chaddy!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Why would he tie himself into a long term contract with no release clause when clubs in the league above want him? That would be stupid. 

A release clause puts in a lower floor. Unless there's a bidding war, the club is voluntarily putting itself in a worst position.

• Like 1

Not claiming to be an expert on L1 & L2 finance, but the 2.5 million salary cap seems pretty restrictive on some of the bigger clubs like Sunderland, Ipswich and Pompey.

No doubt most of their players won't be worth looking at, but would Portsmouth be able to demand 2.5 million for Ronan Curtis like they were trying to do in January? Some shrewd moves to be made over the coming weeks, I think. 

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Because it’s not it his interests to. Basic negotiation tactics from AA and his agent to insist on one.

He knows he is becoming hot property, ‘so you want us to sign a long term deal to protect your asset? Fine, but there’s a release clause being put in there’

Of course it is Armstrong interest to stay here and play under Mowbray were his talent have been develop and becoming the player he should. 

2 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

The Raos aren't directors of Blackburn Rovers. I expect that the collateral offered the SBOI was the clubs issued share capital as owned by VLL. It probably looked like a very sweet deal at the start.

I doubt the collateral has anything to do with Rovers, the SBOI is the Venky's bank for all of their companies and personal wealth management. If any collateral was attached to Rovers or the holding company it would be registered at companies house.

SBOI have provided the mortgages on the prime real estate outside of Pune which has been used to fund Rovers. That is the collateral, and is probably worth more than the £200m they have invested in us so far. The mortgages are being paid back through with Venky's personal or company funds.

The only issues we have to worry about is if SBOI do not renew the overdraft or call it in. As we are still in buisness and not in administration as well as having £4m injected a few months ago, we are ok at the moment.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Not if it is set at the correct point for both the club and as a motivator for the player eg £18 million 

I agree with you. It would be a fair price, now.Suppose Armstrong scores 30 league goals, next season. Is it still a fair price or would it become a bargain? We lost Phil Jones for far less than he was worth, because of a release clause. We've been bitten once.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Of course it is Armstrong interest to stay here and play under Mowbray were his talent have been develop and becoming the player he should. 

The naivety hurts my head.

He’d be off like a shot if a PL club comes in. 

‘Developing with Mowbray’ in second tier mid table on a second tier wage? Or a chance to play in the top flight, further develop by playing with and against better players and double/treble the wages?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

so you would sell Armstrong for 10 million?

I would be giving him a new 4 year contract with no release clause in the contract

Chances are he wouldn't sign it and also he's on 15 grand per week now, so what's he going to want to commit for 4 years without a release clause and the chance of bigger bucks ?

Think about it for a min, it's never that straightforwards you're asking him to commit his best years there. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I haven't mentioned Armstrong. 

You don't have to confirm or deny but I'd me more inclined to think that if such an offer has been received it would be more likely to be someone trying to nick Dack on the cheap due to his injury.

• Like 2

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

is he any improvement on Bell?

Haha. If he has legs then yes.

Not necessarily saying that we should have signed him. But it is little wonder that whilst we dally sorting our budget, the delay between here and India etc. That the pick of the free agent market start to go elsewhere.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Tony Mowbray isnt this unique developer of his talent ?

Keep his options open and if a Premier League club comes in for him, he could get a sharp pay rise and to play Premier League football. He wouldnt turn that down because of Mowbray.

He has 2 years left and the power is with him at the moment. Continue his form into his penultimate year and he will be in a huge position of power. 

Just now, Richard Oakley said:

I agree with you. It would be a fair price, now.Suppose Armstrong scores 30 league goals, next season. Is it still a fair price or would it become a bargain? We lost Phil Jones for far less than he was worth, because of a release clause. We've been bitten once.

If him and his agent want one in a negotiation, there has to be middle ground. If he doesn't have one, he could score 30 goals and then sulk because we didn't accept €15 million.  

Jesus I would say we got a great price for Jones. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Just now, tomphil said:

Chances are he wouldn't sign it and also he's on 15 grand per week now, so what's he going to want to commit for 4 years without a release clause and the chance of bigger bucks ?

Think about it for a min, it's never that straightforwards you're asking him to commit his best years there. 

He is only 23 years old. So you aren't asking him to commit to his best years are you?

Just now, roversfan99 said:

That the pick of the free agent market start to go elsewhere.

Depends who we are looking at the position for. I would look at getting Barry Douglas from Leeds. Quality player. 

Yes some free agents market is start to go elsewhere but would you say in your opinion we miss out on someone you would have like here?