BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

2 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

VLL had an influx of £33m to deal with the debt owed Barclays.Barclays had instigated liquidation proceedings. I've never seen a figure as low as £10m quoted. The most common figure I've seen quoted is £19m, but it was a private transaction. Venkys took us private from being a publicly quoted company. Samba did go soon after, but we still needed financing.

Was that the overdraft on take over ?  Transferred off the clubs books and onto VLL ?

I seem to remember the 19 million figure being 16 million overdraft and 3 million for an outstanding loan owed to the trust.  

Hadn't they then ran up another 1o million overdraft in quick style ? 

38 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

How do you know we are dithering this summer? Forget past transfer windows. 

Because apparently we've met with a player (Whiteman) told him we want him but we have other targets we need first and we'll come back to him if and when they get sorted. That's dithering and leaves us wide open to missing out.

• Like 2

overdraft: 23.1m on takeover. Reduced to 19m soon after. The promise had been to pay it all off on takeover. It remained on our books, which were then moved to India after Barclays ceased to be our bankers. I think the fact the overdraft was being rapidly run up finally pushed Barclays into taking the action that they did. We still needed cashflow, so Samba was sold whilst the new overdraft facility was set up with SBOI, still secured against the club..

• Like 1

All this talk about evaluating the squad before making moves ... we only have 1 legitimate CB, we have Bell at left back and we've no goalkeepers to even evaluate ?

16 days have passed since our season ended, 36 days until our season begins again. We are basically 1/3 of the way through this close season. 

30% in, and shock, Mowbray has bugger all to show for it. Not only is he a Dinosaur, he's a fucking slow one.

• Like 3

There really is no need to be evaluating anything if he doesn't know what he needs by now he should pack it in.

More a case of seeing who's going, waiting to see if he can get the loanees back in and seeing what serious bids appear.  All standard stuff that will leave us floundering for scraps again at the last min if we aren't careful.

37 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

VLL had an influx of £33m to deal with the debt owed Barclays.Barclays had instigated liquidation proceedings. I've never seen a figure as low as £10m quoted. The most common figure I've seen quoted is £19m, but it was a private transaction. Venkys took us private from being a publicly quoted company. Samba did go soon after, but we still needed financing.

Not got a clue where you are getting your numbers from.

If you look at the accounts for VLL up to 31 March 2012 following the acquisition, they show an acquisition cost of £21million (which i think is widely recognised and understood) and bank debt of £4.5million (compared to £16.1million in the last football club accounts <June 2010>) prior to acquisition.

Financing for acquisition, reduction in bank debt and ongoing losses (think football club lost £50million in first 30 months under the Raos) came through issued share capital of £39.2million and a Capital contribution Reserve from PH PVT Limited of £12.5million (which was made interest free with no intention to repay) .

Edited by Mercer

26 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

All this talk about evaluating the squad before making moves ... we only have 1 legitimate CB, we have Bell at left back and we've no goalkeepers to even evaluate ?

16 days have passed since our season ended, 36 days until our season begins again. We are basically 1/3 of the way through this close season. 

30% in, and shock, Mowbray has bugger all to show for it. Not only is he a Dinosaur, he's a fucking slow one.

Hopefully he will have this playing to get him moving! https://youtu.be/vgiDcJi534Y

Since you asked so nicely:

The activity filing for Blackburn Rovers Football and Athletic for Barclays instigating liquidation proceedings

The activity filing for VLL shortly thereafter showing an influx of £33m.

The figure for the money owed to Barclays was widely quoted at the time. Your figures now clarify why Venkys paid off only 4.1m to the bank, because that was what they thought was owed. It would appear that the accounts do not provide the full story.

if Rovers want Charlton Keeper Philips then hopefully we are putting a bid in now thats Charlton off the field problems continue to carry with 3 people have failed the EFL ownership test and They have failed to sign 2 players today cos the EFL would not sanctioned those transfers cos they are in a registration embargo

Philips has only a year left on his current contract so shouldn't cost more than 1 million pounds

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-charlton-efl-phillips-18735581

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

if Rovers want Charlton Keeper Philips then hopefully we are putting a bid in now thats Charlton off the field problems continue to carry with 3 people have failed the EFL ownership test and They have failed to sign 2 players today cos the EFL would not sanctioned those transfers cos they are in a registration embargo

Philips has only a year left on his current contract so shouldn't cost more than 1 million pounds

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-charlton-efl-phillips-18735581

I agree he shouldn't cost much more than 1 million with Charlton's and everyone else's financial situations. At that price, with his age, the data, and having seen a bit of him from the clips, it seems a no-brainer. A million isn't going to be the difference between breaking the rule limits or not, nor between administration or not. You expect he will have 10 years left at or above his current ability, so you're talking 100k a year plus wages.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Richard Oakley said:

A release clause puts in a lower floor. Unless there's a bidding war, the club is voluntarily putting itself in a worst position.

Generally, I don't think football contracts are worth the paper they are written on!

It's up to the CEO, in conjunction with the manager,  to ensure its set at a fair level for both parties.  At the end of the day, if it's the only way to get a player to sign an extended contract..................

However, worth bearing in mind these clauses, as all contract clauses, can be cancelled providing all parties to the contract agree!

Again, if a club makes an offer for a player below the release clause and the player throws his toys out of the pram...........!!!  Comes back to my first point, not worth the paper they are written on.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Not got a clue where you are getting your numbers from.

If you look at the accounts for VLL up to 31 March 2012 following the acquisition, they show an acquisition cost of £21million (which i think is widely recognised and understood) and bank debt of £4.5million (compared to £16.1million in the last football club accounts <June 2010>) prior to acquisition.

Financing for acquisition, reduction in bank debt and ongoing losses (think football club lost £50million in first 30 months under the Raos) came through issued share capital of £39.2million and a Capital contribution Reserve from PH PVT Limited of £12.5million (which was made interest free with no intention to repay) .

After losing about 5 mill per season we then lost ten times that in less than 3 the min the Raos, Anderson, Kean, Crescendo at the other twohats came through the door.

Stinks beyond the realms of normal cock ups that does, stinks all the way from here to Brunei via Switzerland, Barnet, Pune and Weybridge.

• Like 1

lol at Chaddy saying a 4-year contract with no release clause. You act like you know about football and then come out with nonsense like that.

Contracts work both ways you know!

Why would any footballer that aspires to increase his standing, wage and level of football, tie himself into a 4-year deal with no release clause? Aside from the fact that AA's agent would be well against it, what do we have that AA cannot find elsewhere? 

We could offer that and it would be rejected hands down by both player and agent. AA will know if there is interest in him and he could refuse the contract, wind it down and then leave for nothing. A release clause is a meet in the middle for both club and player - we will sign you up for a few years, increase your wages but will let you talk to any club that matches the release clause. That's how modern football works.

This isnt Footbal Manager (whereby I always either have no release fee or set in it incredibly high) - the real world is totally different. 

• Like 1

Just now, AJW said:

Some players will insist on them .. no clause no deal

He would be bonkers not to, his stock is on the rise, he is young and would likely have aspirations of the PL. Football careers are short, what 15 years on average? And we expect AA to sign for close to half of what he has left in the game without anyway out if a top club comes calling?

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Morgan Fox has joined Stoke on a free transfer. Another left back we were linked with.

Wonder if Mowbray is back from his holiday yet?

Why has he even gone on holiday?

Hes just had 3 months off. He shouldn't be going anywhere, it would be pretty irresponsible for him to go abroad and un coming back and needing to self isolate for 10 days, certainly given the short time before the start of the season.

If its also delaying or causing us to miss out on any transfers, especially free ones, it makes matters even worse.

I assume he's not gone abroad and he's basically on his phone 24/7 dealing with players/agents. Thats my hope anyway, even if he is calling it a holiday.

3 hours ago, Richard Oakley said:

The activity filing for Blackburn Rovers Football and Athletic for Barclays instigating liquidation proceedings

The figure for the money owed to Barclays was widely quoted at the time. Your figures now clarify why Venkys paid off only 4.1m to the bank, because that was what they thought was owed. It would appear that the accounts do not provide the full story.

That last sentence sums up everything about the Chicken Chokers to a tee.

3 hours ago, Richard Oakley said:

I think Venky's paid both overdraft and loan to barclays on takeover, Anderson then went around giving new contracts, bonuses to renew contracts, gag orders to most senior players running the overdraft backup to £16m in 6 months. This increased spending scared Barclays and they called in the overdraft.

He was afteral, sleeping at Brockhall working night and day for us to succeed.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Why has he even gone on holiday?

Hes just had 3 months off. He shouldn't be going anywhere, it would be pretty irresponsible for him to go abroad and un coming back and needing to self isolate for 10 days, certainly given the short time before the start of the season.

If its also delaying or causing us to miss out on any transfers, especially free ones, it makes matters even worse.

I assume he's not gone abroad and he's basically on his phone 24/7 dealing with players/agents. Thats my hope anyway, even if he is calling it a holiday.

I’m sure he can afford to call them from abroad mate. ?