BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

'Rovers warned of frightening financial challenges' cries the headline in the LET.

And then you read the comments section below: 'Venkys could be our saviours','hope the stupid protestors are happy','they have stuck by the Club'..etc etc!

Reduced to grovelling like peasants to those who have done so much damage,pass me the sick bucket.

?

• Like 8

28 minutes ago, A Northern Horde... said:

'Rovers warned of frightening financial challenges' cries the headline in the LET.

And then you read the comments section below: 'Venkys could be our saviours','hope the stupid protestors are happy','they have stuck by the Club'..etc etc!

Reduced to grovelling like peasants to those who have done so much damage,pass me the sick bucket.

?

I avoid the comments section of the Venkys mouthpiece, saves on sick buckets and tissues

• Like 3

Rumours that Brentford have decided who they want to replace Watkins. Meant to be Jacob Brown at Barnsley.

Seems an odd choice, winger with 2 goals this season, but whoever they're interested in I'd want to look at too! They're far better at this than we are.

32 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I avoid the comments section of the Venkys mouthpiece, saves on sick buckets and tissues

There's someone sat in a PR office somewhere being paid to post in there and other places. 

• Like 2

On 07/08/2020 at 15:04, Mattyblue said:

Clubs will get round it, especially bigger ones; bonuses, paying family members as ‘consultants’, you name it!

Back to the days of Ford Capris and semis but now it’ll be Ferraris and mansions.

Jimmy Hill will be spinning in his... sponsor-funded washing machine!

2 hours ago, A Northern Horde... said:

?

The “stupid protesters” were afraid of exactly what is happening to our club, happening.

Shame not enough people cared then.

These dark times ahead are where a loyal and committed fanbase would rally to support the club. Instead those same fans who snub, nay blame, the protests will likely just walk away: “Yer av aw-ways supported Stanley me. Born in Gret ‘Arwood ye know”.

• Like 9

Just now, Stuart said:

The “stupid protesters” were afraid of exactly what is happening to our club, happening.

These dark times ahead are where a loyal and committed fanbase would rally to support the club. Instead those same fans who snub, nay blame, the protests will likely just walk away: “Yer av aw-ways supported Stanley me. Born in Gret ‘Arwood ye know”.

Great Arrad

4 hours ago, Stuart said:

Back to the days of Ford Capris and semis but now it’ll be Ferraris and mansions.

Jimmy Hill will be spinning in his... sponsor-funded washing machine!

I remember when only Bryan Douglas and Ronnie Clayton had little saloon cars. Then Dougan got a Jag ! The other lads came on the corporation buses from town like the rest of us.  I can recall seeing Mike England, Keith Newton and Fred Pickering hopping off the bus when it stopped near the ground.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

And I have a vivid memory of seeing Billy Wilson (played alongside Keith Newton at full back, for some of our younger readers) being driven round Blackburn as second man on a fruit and veg delivery van in the close season. Also once saw Tom Finney in his plumber's van at the traffic lights at the bottom of Penny street. And, come to think of it, I also once tried to point out to anyone who was near me the sheer excitement I felt at seeing Simon Garner paying his leccy bill in the electricity showrooms when they were in the 'new' precinct.

We had to make our own entertainment in those days, you know.

• Like 4

• Backroom
49 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

We missed the best one there, young full back Armer released but signed for Carlisle.  Scottish U19, good player

In fairness, at that age he's likely considering game time as much as academy credentials. And Carlisle aren't to be sniffed at in academy terms, produced some tidy players over the years imo.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Stuart said:

The Holy City ...get it right ..

6 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Still no sign of a goalkeeper then. You'd think that it would be important to have one with experience, and not have say an 18 year old who has never played at this level trying to organise a defence. 

What odds we'll get Steele back on deadline day or before the first game?

You'd have hoped we would have been looking at this position for months, knowing Walton was going back/not being good enough and we would basically have this crucial position wrapped up very early doors.

I can't sit here and believe that Mowbray hasn't got something lined up, he must have.

You're probably right though, more than likely another young prem keeper on loan.

2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

You'd have hoped we would have been looking at this position for months, knowing Walton was going back/not being good enough and we would basically have this crucial position wrapped up very early doors.

I can't sit here and believe that Mowbray hasn't got something lined up, he must have.

You're probably right though, more than likely another young prem keeper on loan.

But, but... Sheffield United!

Conveniently forgetting their fantastically well drilled and athletic back 4.