BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

• Backroom
15 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Off topic I know but Rovers v Man City from 2000 on Sky Sports at 12 today

Classic match apparently, anybody remember the score? 

Assume it's the 4-1 to them, in which case I'll give it a miss. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

It's the full game I think. 

Certainly be watching! 

Edit. Or maybe not after seeing that! 

We were 1-0 up at half time and I think doing fairly well, so maybe just watch the first 45 and skip the rest ? 

17 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Will be City's promotion game. I wonder if they'll show all four times that we hit the post!

A surreal match.

If my memory recalls correctly, it could have been curtains for City at half time.

Think City 'destined' to win the game and probably a good job with all the many thousands of lunatic Mancs in the ground that day.

Remember after one City goal, the goal scorer dancing down the touchline from the Darwen End into Joe Royle's outstretched arms - a cringeworthy and sickening sight for Rovers' fans

• Like 1

Just now, Mercer said:

A surreal match.

If my memory recalls correctly, it could have been curtains for City at half time.

Think City 'destined' to win the game and probably a good job with all the many thousands of lunatic Mancs in the ground that day.

Remember after one City goal, the goal scorer dancing down the touchline from the Darwen End into Joe Royle's outstretched arms - a cringeworthy and sickening sight for Rovers' fans

Was only a youngster at the time, but even I remember Nicola Kalinic levels of misfortune in front of goal. Christian Dailly's own goal would look highly suspicious these days if it was scored in such a big game!

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Spot on again Paul. I ???

Tbf mate, you kept it under your hat, thanks. It’s actually one of Iversen and Muric as No.1 and O’hara as no.2. (Don’t shoot the messenger)

Hope they get some cash quick and go for Marshall who would be keen too.

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Josh King linked with PSG and a number of different PL club..so hopefully we have sell on clause in there so we get some money. Possible 2 to 3 million pounds. 

Yes, but his contract ran down here....I'd be very surprised if we had any leverage for this, seeing as it went to a tribunal. 

In fact, I'm certain there will be no clause....why would Bournemouth agree to that for an out of contract player....?

• Moderation Lead

Would be well up for us signing David Marshall. Experienced, knows the league, been around the block etc. Don’t know enough about these other lads to make a comment tbh.

• Like 2

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Tbf mate, you kept it under your hat, thanks. It’s actually one of Iversen and Muric as No.1 and O’hara as no.2. (Don’t shoot the messenger)

Hope they get some cash quick and go for Marshall who would be keen too.

I did. 

Marshall from Wigan?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Would be well up for us signing David Marshall. Experienced, knows the league, been around the block etc. Don’t know enough about these other lads to make a comment tbh.

Yeah, I really like Marshall too. There’s an opportunity to get him on a free. But think he might go to a PL team to be their no.2

Would be a shame.

Iversen is VERY highly rated. Rotherham want him back but just signed a bumper deal with Leicester and they can’t afford him.

3 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Yeah, I really like Marshall too. There’s an opportunity to get him on a free. But think he might go to a PL team to be their no.2

Would be a shame.

Iversen is VERY highly rated. Rotherham want him back but just signed a bumper deal with Leicester and they can’t afford him.

Marshall at 35 would surely choose to play in the championship than sit it out until retirement.  Doesn't make sense your claims.

And how do you know anyway?

10 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Yes, but his contract ran down here....I'd be very surprised if we had any leverage for this, seeing as it went to a tribunal. 

In fact, I'm certain there will be no clause....why would Bournemouth agree to that for an out of contract player....?

I thought this was already confirmed, no? Could be wrong, but didn't Sharpe or someone say that it was a thing back in January?

Can't say I'm overly impressed by the idea that we're looking at a loan for our number 1 again, although I'll see what they're capable of before throwing my toys out of the pram. Iversen at least has the advantage of a successful season of first team football under his belt. Don't really know what is meant by expensive loan, but surely if it's classed as expensive there can't be much of a difference between what it would cost to get Marshall on board?

3 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Would be a shame.

We've no money for loans and couldn't afford the wages.It would be far better ,if we stopped this and said we had no money and stop embarrassing the Blackburn Rovers name.

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Marshall at 35 would surely choose to play in the championship than sit it out until retirement.  Doesn't make sense your claims.

Money talks. Many have done the same. Richard Wright, Stuart Taylor, Scott Carson...

• Like 2

Depends on the money I guess ? Couple of years on the best money you’ve ever earned and a chance to stake a claim in the PL.

Got an inside track on the keepers situation. The goalkeepers union in full flow and lots of chatter. Had Muric, Iversen, Ohara and possible Marshall a week ago. Told a couple of people privately in here.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Would be a shame.

WBA interested in Marshall I've read. Not over keen signing him due to age. Ideally want a keeper for a few seasons. 

Iversen is very highly rated. Signed that bumper deal whilst on loan at Rotherham 

But if Marshall is offered much better wages by PL wouldn't he take it? Last pay day. 

7 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I thought this was already confirmed, no? Could be wrong, but didn't Sharpe or someone say that it was a thing back in January?

I've never ever heard of a player running his contract down and then there being a sell on fee at his next club.  Sorry, doesn't stack up. I'm willing to bet there isn't a clause.